Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't get all these adults who are texting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 03, 2009, 09:02:29 AM

Texting is the way to go! You could seriously have 300 mins on your plan but have the unlimited texting plan and just tell peeps to text. It saves time, battery life, and is brief and you dont have to call them up at inconivient times. Its much easier to text. And great for women.....

For all you old guys with teenage daughters....holy jesus are you in a world of pain ahead....

Buy them a phone that DOESN'T have a Camera and DONT let them have their own cameras....and keep them locked....If you can't figure out why, you need to go to parenting class. thats all I have to say.

words of wisdom from the inexperienced, priceless...

peeps...lol

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 03, 2009, 09:23:39 AM

I myself don't text, wouldn't know how to do it if I had to.

I don't quite understand the information age, why do so many feel the need to be in contact with others ALL the freaking time? I think it's a sad commentary on our existance.

= I am old and won't accept new technology

Texting is perfect, simple conversation that gets straight to the point. I'd bet my left nut you would find value in it if you open your mind to it.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 03, 2009, 10:08:43 AM

Texting is great when you're in a loud place and can't hear your phone, or hear the other person if you do answer it.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 03, 2009, 10:10:59 AM

The only people that I could see doing this is a couple of giddy teenagers who have "bff's", or maybe someone who is cheating on a spouse and they're trying to be all secretive and sneaky about it; but other than that I just don't get why grown adults(especially men) are doing this and getting all caught up in it? ???

What's it like watching technology pass you by?

Texting is only for 'bffs' teenagers and cheating adults?

So basically your view on things in life are that if YOU don't have a use for it, then YOU think it's completely dumb and anyone that DOES have a use for it MUST be doing so for dumb reasons.

That's a good view to have. Very close minded and old. You must be a lot of fun to be around.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 03, 2009, 10:11:48 AM

I myself don't text, wouldn't know how to do it if I had to.

My wife and I have trac phones, which we only use in emergencies.  I guess we don't feel the need to call each other every 5 minutes to see "what's going on" like the majority of folks do with their cell phones.

I have never talked on my phone while driving, not one single time.  Unless there would be a family emergency, I see no reason to chat on a cell while trying to drive.

Thiose damn things are addictions for so many, and I refuse to become one of them.

Holy Old Guy.

How'd you ever figure out the computer?

#20 : June 03, 2009, 10:16:07 AM

Count me in the group that finds texting to be ridiculous.  If something is that critically important, MAKE A PHONE CALL!!  Takes a lot less time.

And I see people trying to text while driving.  This is right up there with the stupid women that apply their makeup while driving.  Yepper, makes me wanna be on the same pavement driving with them.

I am all about techno advances, but some of it is beyond absurd.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 03, 2009, 10:19:20 AM

Texting is great when you're in a loud place and can't hear your phone, or hear the other person if you do answer it.

Other than that I've found very few uses for it - reaching someone when you don't want to "ring" them like folks in meetings being the other big one.

It is a slow method, even if you are fast, to communicate compared to speech especially if you lack a full keyboard but if you have that you likey have email on your phone so why not just email me?

Don't get it, don't use it much but more power to people who do love it. I think of all the "new" tek that is still the one I'm not a fan of but try and pry my DVR from me and you'll get a fight. Heck, I've even come around on my wife's iphone - other than the texting part ;)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 03, 2009, 10:20:58 AM

So my wife texts me a couple things to pick up from the grocery store b/c she knows i'm not near a pen or paper and this way i have a list of items to buy.

You're right, that has giddy teenager and cheating husband written ALL over it.

I love how just b/c people don't "get" it, that means it's dumb. You're right, it has nothing to do with YOU, it's the millions of other people.

#23 : June 03, 2009, 10:25:37 AM

Krazy

It's kinda like Ford and Chevy guy when it comes right down to it.  Ford Guy doesn't understand driving a Chevy, and vice-versa. 

I'm pretty confident that O.S. is talking about the meaningless texts that are exchanged.  Your point has merit, but most of the time, the purpose of texting is used only for the sake of sending a text message.

willieri

Second String

#24 : June 03, 2009, 12:02:24 PM

It is basically the same thing as emailing and I don't see a problem with that. I might be a teenager so I geuss my comment really dosen't count. But quick question I pesonaly don't do it but would you rather them be talking on the phone while in the movie.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 03, 2009, 12:03:19 PM

i think, if you want to have a conversation, you make a call.  if you want to send a short hassle-free notice, you text.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 03, 2009, 12:41:54 PM

It is basically the same thing as emailing and I don't see a problem with that. I might be a teenager so I geuss my comment really dosen't count. But quick question I pesonaly don't do it but would you rather them be talking on the phone while in the movie.

to me, that is part of the problem.

we can't sit through a 2 hour movie without being in constant contact with someone?

seriously?

I just don't feel the need to converse 24 hours a day with evryone that is my buddy...

technology is good, how we use it can be and quite often is, over the top.

texting and cell phone use has become an obsession with a lot of people, that can't be healthy.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 03, 2009, 12:42:20 PM

If you have a problem with text messaging you need to get a life.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 03, 2009, 12:44:04 PM

if you feel the need to be texting on a constant basis, YOU need to get a life...

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 03, 2009, 12:46:57 PM

if you feel the need to be texting on a constant basis, YOU need to get a life...

Its just a way of communicating easily. I dont see a problem. I dont text message constantly, and most people who text dont either.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't get all these adults who are texting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools