Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't get all these adults who are texting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #30 : June 03, 2009, 12:48:32 PM »

If you have a problem with text messaging you need to get a life.

if you feel the need to be texting on a constant basis, YOU need to get a life...

Its just a way of communicating easily. I dont see a problem. I dont text message constantly, and most people who text dont either.

lol

ok then, but you are mistaken...

people who use their cells a lot and text a lot are constantly checking them for messages.

it is sometimes rude, and obsessive.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #31 : June 03, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »

if you feel the need to be texting on a constant basis, YOU need to get a life...

What's the difference between texting constantly and whining incessantly on a message board?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #32 : June 03, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »

What's the difference between texting constantly and whining incessantly on a message board?

blah blah blah

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : June 03, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »

Careful - you might get asked that question as a result of your greater knowledge of the subject... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #34 : June 03, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »

The guy who is whining about people texting or talking on the phone too much has 12754 posts on this board.

Bwaahahahahaha!  Funniest part is that he didn't realize how ironic this thread was.  Good stuff.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #35 : June 03, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »

Careful - you might get asked that question as a result of your greater knowledge of the subject... LOL

I'm not the one complaining/whining about what other people do on Facebook or on their cell phone. If somebody wants to text all day long, in their basement, good for them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : June 03, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »

ahem - whining about others whining on a message board is the subject...  ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #37 : June 03, 2009, 01:07:36 PM »

ahem - whining about others whining on a message board is the subject... ::)

lol

now THAT is ironic, GLORIOUS IRONY!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #38 : June 03, 2009, 01:17:01 PM »

wait, which one of the two needs to get a life?

the texter needs to get a life more than the textie...............and I'm a texter

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

« #39 : June 03, 2009, 01:45:05 PM »

Texting is a great tool
Our oldest daughter gets on the bus, we get a certain word text message
She gets home from school, a different word. We text her a word and look for a certain word in return to make sure all is well.
I don't want to sit on the phone and have long conversations with people, so a few texts and you're done. Avoid the talking while driving to send a quick text with a preset message "headed home" or "running late". Saves time and keeps you safe.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #40 : June 03, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »

Lol, the words of the inexperienced..sounds like YOUR the ones whose INEXPERIENCED..well....have fun with the whole "sexting" ordeal turby....like I said, don't ever let your daughter have a camera. You have no idea how fast that stuff spreads.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #41 : June 03, 2009, 01:57:28 PM »

Lol, the words of the inexperienced..sounds like YOUR the ones whose INEXPERIENCED..well....have fun with the whole "sexting" ordeal turby....like I said, don't ever let your daughter have a camera. You have no idea how fast that stuff spreads.

again, there is nothing a 17 year old kid can advise me on, your advice is just silliness, especially based on your history here.

as far as the sexting goes, I completely do understand how fast that stuff spreads, I teach high school, I work with kids and see what they get into on a daily basis.

sexting has a direct link to morals, which this country is sorely lacking.

parents are friends, not parents, and that is where the sexting era begins...

sad.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #42 : June 03, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »

Texting is a great tool
Our oldest daughter gets on the bus, we get a certain word text message
She gets home from school, a different word. We text her a word and look for a certain word in return to make sure all is well.

now that is a good use of texting, that I can get on board with...

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #43 : June 03, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »

Lol...17....ok Turby.

I love how old people think they shouldn't take advice from younger people based on the fact of age. Hahahaha.

Oh and if you think your daughter will be immune to that stuff, your sorely mistaken.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #44 : June 05, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »

How in the hell in this thread 3 pages?
Since Gruden's gone, people need something to whine about.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't get all these adults who are texting? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools