Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What if Calvin isn't a freak? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 07, 2007, 01:46:14 PM

There's another team that has a Johnson for a WR that everyone considers a freak and all-world class player.

They spent the offseason at home too.

What team and player are you talking about? No matter what you say I'm going to laugh. Fair warning.
Texans, Andre Johnson

Andre Johnson is athletic but is not in the same class as Calvin Johnson.  He wasn't even the first WR drafted.  There is not much there to compare.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 07, 2007, 01:52:18 PM

Andre was drafted behind the 2004 big, fast, jumps out of the gym can't miss WR prospect Charles Rodgers.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 07, 2007, 01:53:36 PM

Good question.  If JT isn't there, we still have to take this guy.  It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.  He's still a freak on the field if he's not that physically...

Here's a comparative question...knowing what you know now about Steve Smith, would you take him?  Not sure he had the stage Calvin has had but Calvin has surely given enough film to prove his worth. IMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 07, 2007, 01:53:47 PM

Andre ran I believe a 4.56? CJ will have to do better than that or else I do not think he should be considered a freak.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#34 : February 07, 2007, 01:58:08 PM

if thomas is gone and calvin johnson is there i think u take him or trade down and get Okoye and another second rounder.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#35 : February 07, 2007, 02:58:41 PM

Andre ran I believe a 4.56? CJ will have to do better than that or else I do not think he should be considered a freak.

It was between a 4.37-4.48 at his workouts. The thing with Johnson will be his agility. We all know he can get deep, but can he jump out of a route? He can't just run deep routes and catch jump balls in the NFL. For a guy that tall he can run a fast 40 and not be all that quick.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 07, 2007, 03:02:58 PM

Andre was drafted behind the 2004 big, fast, jumps out of the gym can't miss WR prospect Charles Rodgers.

Rogers was nowhere near the size of CJ.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 07, 2007, 03:05:37 PM

It was between a 4.37-4.48 at his workouts. The thing with Johnson will be his agility. We all know he can get deep, but can he jump out of a route? He can't just run deep routes and catch jump balls in the NFL. For a guy that tall he can run a fast 40 and not be all that quick.

Look at his highlight film on youtube.  It honestly looks like he never had a ball hit him on target.  He goes from full speed ahead to diving 180 degrees in the opposite direction and catching the ball in a full layout.  He's plenty agile.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 07, 2007, 03:11:14 PM

Look at his highlight film on youtube.  It honestly looks like he never had a ball hit him on target.  He goes from full speed ahead to diving 180 degrees in the opposite direction and catching the ball in a full layout.  He's plenty agile.

There are some reports that he doesn't run the best routes and just uses his size.

marlevr

Second String
#39 : February 07, 2007, 03:29:00 PM

If he catch the ball, what difference does it make?

If Thomas isn't there it is either CJ or trade down.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 07, 2007, 05:05:21 PM

There are some reports that he doesn't run the best routes and just uses his size.

He runs above average to good routes by most accounts. 

catch2355

Practice Squad

#41 : February 07, 2007, 08:43:21 PM

if thomas is gone and calvin johnson is there i think u take him or trade down and get Okoye and another second rounder.

thanks for the new ideas

T

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 08, 2007, 01:43:37 AM

Saw Calvin Johnson play up close and personal and he was the best player on the field that day. Made WV defensive backs look silly.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 08, 2007, 02:18:28 AM

heres hoping russell  is 1, thomas is 2 and johnson has super duper tryouts and his stock gos threw the roof.....it would then take a huge set of balls to trade down and maybe have somebody over pay...like the7th or 8th pick plus their 2nd and 3rd  we may even already have the lions 2nd for rice giving us 4 2s we then draft okyoe, with the 7th or 8th pick and still have like the 34th lions ,36 th ours and 39th (earlier trade)plus the colts 64th and 2 early 3rds........ we then trade 2 nds for Carikker and 2 2nds and a 3rd for Levi Brown .......then after getting stone drunk with our 1st 3 picks take a stud wr with the other early 3rd or a hard hitting safty.......hows that for day 1...LOL.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 08, 2007, 09:56:28 AM

Dude I'm not a proponent of trading down.  But if we could work it like that...it would be hot...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What if Calvin isn't a freak? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools