Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D Brooks makes the Probowl « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« : February 06, 2007, 03:25:38 PM »

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5653

Feb 06, 2007 -

The Most Valuable Player of the 2006 Pro Bowl will be back in Hawaii to defend his title this Saturday.

That would be Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Derrick Brooks, who has made something of a habit out of a February visit to Honolulu. In fact, this is the 10th consecutive (and 10th overall) Pro Bowl selection for Brooks, who was added to the NFC’s roster on Tuesday when Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs pulled out of the game.

Brooks had been chosen as the first alternate at the outside linebacker position in the NFC through a process that combined votes from NFL fans, players and coaches. Brooks, Dallas’ DeMarcus Ware and Seattle’s Julian Peterson will form the conference’s outside linebacking corps.

Thus, Brooks has been selected for every NFL all-star game since 1997, his third year in the league, placing him in extremely rare company. Only a handful of players have earned double-digit Pro Bowl selections.

Brooks has been chosen 10 times and this will be the seventh game in which he has played (he was selected but did not play due to injuries after the 2001, 2003 and 2004 seasons.) He is the only active player in the NFL who has achieved this striking trifecta: 10 consecutive Pro Bowl selections, a Super Bowl championship and an NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. The latter of those two accomplishments occurred in the 2002 season............

why the thumbs down? Because he had no business making the probowl. He should decline it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #1 : February 06, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »

Good for Derrick!  I'm glad for him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 06, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »

If I were him, I surely wouldn't decline. 10 years straight is one helluva record that will go towards his HOF status.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #3 : February 06, 2007, 03:36:11 PM »

Good for him. Even if he didn't deserve it, half the people playing there don't either. It just makes his career look better.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 06, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »

he didn't have alot of splash plays, and he missed more tackles than he has in the past, but it's not like there's an honor roll of snubbed NFC OLBs that spring to mind that should be going instead.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 06, 2007, 03:46:30 PM »

I knew most would be happy, call me mr grumpy, he didn't deserve to go. dude was a shell of himself.

« #6 : February 06, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »

Basically this is the lifetime achievment trip, hey if Alstott gets added we'd have the same amount of wins as pro bowlers 'shifts eyes'

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #7 : February 06, 2007, 03:48:49 PM »

Basically this is the lifetime achievment trip, hey if Alstott gets added we'd have the same amount of wins as pro bowlers 'shifts eyes'

Torrie Cox will get added before Mike Alstott.

« #8 : February 06, 2007, 03:50:07 PM »

Grilled up?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #9 : February 06, 2007, 03:52:52 PM »

This is unfortunate.

Derrick Brooks does NOT deserve a trip to Hawaii. He was not one of the best players in the league this year.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 06, 2007, 03:54:43 PM »

I knew most would be happy, call me mr grumpy, he didn't deserve to go. dude was a shell of himself.

Sorry, but if Sean Taylor deserves to go, then Derrick more than deserves to be there.

NFC South BBS  Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 06, 2007, 03:55:55 PM »

to those down on the probowl invite - quick, who should've gone instead?

let's face it, the best of everything was in the AFC this year, it was a down year across the conference.  brooks was still a tackling machine despite the whiffs, and without a BS call in ATL you could add an INT TD return to his pile of stats this year.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #12 : February 06, 2007, 03:59:08 PM »

Grilled up?

Yeah, he is Bear's special teamer Brendon Ayanbadejo's replacement if he pulls out.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #13 : February 06, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »

This is unfortunate.

Derrick Brooks does NOT deserve a trip to Hawaii. He was not one of the best players in the league this year.

that's what I'm scream'n! Hey, good for him but in all honesty it wasn't deserved. Just my opinion that's all.

nickerson56

Starter
« #14 : February 06, 2007, 04:09:31 PM »

One of the best of all time.  Period.  He didn't play up to our expectations this year but Im glad he's going to Hawaii
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D Brooks makes the Probowl « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools