Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper Updated mock 2/6/07 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2007, 08:57:36 PM

This is exactly what I am thinking regarding Peterson. His stock will go SKY high once the combine hits and I have thought Cleveland would be his home for a while. They need a RB as much as anything with the exception being a QB but they have drafted Frye (R3) and haven't tossed in the towel yet. Also they have stumbled on something in Derek Anderson (not sure what). I think they go Peterson and that should make us all feel good because our need for an RB isn't exactly a priority, at least to some. Anyway, enjoy...

In my latest first-round projection, I have underclassmen making up half of the top 32 picks, including 12 of the first 20 spots on the board.
I still have LSU junior QB JaMarcus Russell going with the first overall pick to Oakland. However, the biggest buzz could center around Oklahoma junior RB Adrian Peterson (6-1½, 223 pounds). His workout numbers at the NFL combine should look something like this: 4.37 in the 40-yard dash; 38-inch vertical leap; and eight percent body fat. I have Peterson going to Cleveland, which will have either the third or fourth pick, depending on a coin flip tiebreaker with Tampa Bay; but there also could be several teams interested in trading up to get Peterson.
If Peterson does go to Cleveland, Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn could slide to the Dolphins with the ninth pick. The reason Quinn would fall to Miami? Teams picking after Cleveland (possibly Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota and Houston) don't need a quarterback. You could make a case for the Texans or Vikings to draft Quinn, but I don't expect that to happen.
The Seattle Seahawks are the only team that does not have a first-round pick because of the trade they made with the Patriots to acquire WR Deion Branch. Seattle could use another wide receiver and, ironically, this draft has a lot of great pass catchers. (I'm projecting seven wide receivers will go in the first round.)
My next first-round projection will be the first week of March following the NFL combine.
(Note: a coin flip between the Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will determine which team has the third pick and which team has the fourth choice.)
FIRST-ROUND PROJECTIONS
(ASTERISK DENOTES UNDERCLASSMAN)
Pick   Team   Player   Position   School
1.   Oakland Raiders   JaMarcus Russell*   QB   LSU
2.   Detroit Lions   Joe Thomas   OT   Wisconsin
3 or 4   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Calvin Johnson*WR   Georgia Tech
4 or 3   Cleveland Browns   Adrian Peterson*   RB   Oklahoma
5.   Arizona Cardinals   Gaines Adams   DE   Clemson
6.   Washington Redskins   Jamaal Anderson*   DE   Arkansas
7.   Minnesota Vikings   Ted Ginn Jr.*WR   Ohio State
8.   Houston Texans   Levi BrownOT   Penn State
9.   Miami Dolphins   Brady Quinn   QB   Notre Dame
10.   Atlanta Falcons   LaRon Landry   S   LSU
11.   San Francisco 49ers   Alan Branch*   DT   Michigan
12.   Buffalo Bills   Amobi Okoye   DT   Louisville
13.   St. Louis Rams   Charles Johnson*   DE   Georgia
14.   Carolina Panthers   Dwayne BoweWR   LSU
15.   Pittsburgh Steelers   Jarvis Moss*   DE   Florida
16.   Green Bay Packers   Marshawn Lynch*RB   California
17.   Jacksonville Jaguars   Sidney Rice*WR   South Carolina
18.   Cincinnati Bengals   Leon Hall   CB   Michigan
19.   Tennessee Titans   Dwayne Jarrett*WR   USC
20.   New York Giants   Lawrence Timmons*   LB   Florida State
21.   Denver Broncos   Adam Carriker   DE   Nebraska
22.   Dallas Cowboys   Reggie Nelson*   DB   Florida
23.   Kansas City Chiefs   Aaron Ross   CB   Texas
24.   New England Patriots (from SEA)   Daymeion Hughes   CB   California
25.   New York Jets   Robert Meachem*WR   Tennessee
26.   Philadelphia Eagles   Tim Crowder   DE   Texas
27.   New Orleans Saints   Darrelle Revis*   CB   Pittsburgh
28.   New England Patriots Anthony Gonzalez*WR   Ohio State
29.   Baltimore Ravens   Anthony Spencer   DE   Purdue
30.    San Diego Chargers   Patrick Willis   LB   Ole Miss
31.   Chicago Bears   Arron Sears   OL   Tennessee
32.   Indianapolis Colts   Justin Harrell   DT   Tennessee

Baghead #2

catch2355

Practice Squad

#1 : February 06, 2007, 09:05:41 PM

why is lawrence timmons ahead of buster davis? i dont remember one game where timmons was better than davis

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 06, 2007, 09:23:53 PM

He translates better to the NFL than Davis does. I am an FSU fan but Davis has some serious shortcomings, one in particular being his height. Timmons will test much better at the combine than Davis and has all the measurables that Davis does not.

Timmons also possesses skills that Davis does not such as being to play DE in pass rush situations. Timmons is a great talent and no he is not more insticntful than Davis but with his speed and measurables as well as his versatility he is a much better prospect.

Take for instance this. Could you imagine Davis covering a 6'5" TE in man coverage with him only being 5'9" ??? Me either...

Baghead #2

#3 : February 06, 2007, 09:39:13 PM

Buster is short, so he has a height disadvantage against tall TEs is obvious

Im a huge FSU fan also, and Buster Davis has shown me far better LB skills than Lawrence TImmons

No knock on Timmons though, it's not his fault that AJ Nicholson and Ernie Sims were in front of him. Timmons only started his junior year on defense. I like Timmons a lot and Im not surprised he is such a hot prospect, but his status is based on projections. He is a playmaker, with good size but I think Buster has far better instincts, is a better pass rusher, and I think Buster is a much more intimidating hitter and he seems to be a 1/2 step ahead of the offense witha  great nose for the ball

I guess me and 'catch2355' are the only ones stunned by how many people have Timmons going 10-15 overall and Buster Davis going in the 3rd round

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#4 : February 06, 2007, 10:08:15 PM

He translates better to the NFL than Davis does. I am an FSU fan but Davis has some serious shortcomings, one in particular being his height.

I see wut you did der!

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 06, 2007, 10:24:44 PM

I like this draft,just cus it has us taking the best player in the draft.

#6 : February 06, 2007, 10:29:39 PM

If Peterson does go to Cleveland, Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn could slide to the Dolphins with the ninth pick. The reason Quinn would fall to Miami? Teams picking after Cleveland (possibly Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota and Houston) don't need a quarterback.

Has Mel not seen our qb situation?

#7 : February 06, 2007, 10:30:23 PM

I believe he's thinking ahead to FA Hate..

#8 : February 06, 2007, 10:31:09 PM

a ha... assuming we sign Garcia?

#9 : February 06, 2007, 10:39:40 PM

No clue what he thinks, I'm not the Kiper.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 06, 2007, 10:50:24 PM

This of course is before the wheeling and dealing...I think we are going to try to get Okoye and/or Carriker too. 

#11 : February 06, 2007, 10:55:34 PM

........................................._,,---~~~~~~~~-,_.........................................
......YEAHH..................,,-~"¯..........................¯`~-,,...........WHHAAT............
..............................,¡''................ ..........................`,.................... ..........
............................,/...............................................` ,...........................
..........................,/................................................. ..`.................. ......
.........................,/..........,,----~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-,,_'¡.......................
........................¡'......,-~";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;`, ......................
......................../,,-~"/;;;;;;;;;,-~~~~~~~~~~~~~-,_;;;;;;;;;;;',.....................
..................,-~'";;;;;;¡';;;;;;;;,-~'""""~--,::::::::,--~"'"""""'''~-,;;;;;;',.................
.............,-~'";;;;;;;;;;;/;;,-~'¯; ; ; ; ; ; ; `----/"; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; `;;;;;;;`,...............
...........,/';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/,-"¡; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|````,; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |;;;;;;;;;`,.............
........../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/';;;'|; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; /:::::::`~-,,,,______,/|;;;;;;;;;;;'¡............
.........'!,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;'¡; ; ; ; ;_,,-~''(:::::::#::::::::::::::::::::'¡;;;;;;;;;;;`,.. ........
...........'"~-,,;;;;;;;;;,/;;;;;;"~--~"::::::/::"~-,__,-~"::::`::::::::::'¡;;;;;;;;;;;;;`,........
...................¯¯¯¯¡';;;;;;;;;'¡:::::::::::::: ,-~:::::::::::::~-,::::::::::'!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'¡.. .......
........................,/';;;;;;;;;;;!,::::::::::::/::_,,-~~~-,,_::`::::::::,!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'|.......
........................¡';;;;;;;;;;;;;!,::::::::: :/:,¡'|_/__|__|_|'¡:::::::::,!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; `.....
........................!,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,:::::::: ¡¡'¯¯¯¯Y¯¯¯¯'¡'¡::`|::::,!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'¡. ....
.........................|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,::::: ::!',,___|___,,/',!::::::,!;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;,!.....
........................|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;!,:::: `,,--,--,,--,--,,/.|:::,!,!';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|,.....
......................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;`:/'¡:::'~-,¯¯¯¯¯¯,-~'::,!;!;;;;;;;;;;;;:;;;;;;;;;;;; '|....
....................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/;;|;;;`,:::::''--------'''::::::,!;;;!,_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'¡....
..................._|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|.|;;|:`; ;;`,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/;;;;;|..;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;,'....
........_,,,-~~"'.,|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;|:::`;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;/..`;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|.....
.,,-~"............/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/;;/,:::`~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~"::...|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;` ...
................./;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|.|;|.."~-,,...;;;//¯¯¯;/:::::::...|;;;;;;;;;,-~~-,;;;`.
................/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|.|;|........¯"~~~-::::::::::::::::/....|;;;;;;;/'.......; ;;;,!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 07, 2007, 12:45:08 AM

I like this draft b/c if we win the toss and a team behind Cleveland falls in love with Adrian Peterson there might be quite a few more suitors to trade down than if Cleveland picks in front of us. I can't wait till that dang toss is over with.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#13 : February 07, 2007, 01:15:45 AM

Maybe the most athletic player, but far from the most useful player, given the shortcomings of this team up front and under center.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 07, 2007, 01:18:34 AM

Maybe the most athletic player, but far from the most useful player, given the shortcomings of this team up front and under center.
Completely agree.  But if the Bucs take him, can't you see the reasoning for it?

Galloway and then...nothing.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper Updated mock 2/6/07 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools