Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Oldies" Music « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#75 : June 16, 2009, 12:11:45 PM

Stevie Ray Vaughn is a god.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#76 : June 16, 2009, 12:30:49 PM

So I guess you never heard of the Thirteenth Floor Elevators?

A shame.............they were the Godfathers and innovators of the whole Psychedelic Music era.

R.I.P. Bob Bogle, bass and guitar with The Ventures.

"Walk, Don' Run" to glory........

Dang son, I'm glad I got my colors in another dimension........would have been hell growing up with your musical background....

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#77 : June 16, 2009, 12:56:29 PM

Went from Boston to L-y-n-y-r-d - S-k-y-n-y-r-d, liked a couple of Molly Hatchet tunes and even liked some of April Wine's stuff.

My musical tastes has always been a little eclectic. I love technically sound guitar work - musicians not synthesizers.

...and I like some pop music, too...

Today I'm somewhere between Switchfoot and Killswitch Engaged....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Stratobuc

Starter
#78 : June 16, 2009, 10:46:56 PM

So I guess you never heard of the Thirteenth Floor Elevators?

A shame.............they were the Godfathers and innovators of the whole Psychedelic Music era.

R.I.P. Bob Bogle, bass and guitar with The Ventures.

"Walk, Don' Run" to glory........

Dang son, I'm glad I got my colors in another dimension........would have been hell growing up with your musical background....

Hell, would it? I'll bet you Eric Burdon knows who the Thirteenth Floor Elevtors are...........

I'm glad my eyes are open.... DAD

biffbeaumont

Starter

#79 : June 16, 2009, 11:20:29 PM

would've been "hell"..uh...don't think so........try 'The Zombies"....Cream....hell The Stones ( my favorite ) had their best during that time 1968-1972.....like it or not those 60's and 70's band layed a musical foundation that still reaps huge benefits....just ask the punks who rip their music and looks off every day......take a listen to Jaco Pastorious...best bass player in the world...with Weather Report.....

here's a starter list for you

The Faces
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Donovan
Beach Boys ( after 'Pet Sounds.'...1966....listen to Sunflower...great album )
The Band
Joni Mitchell
Gram Parsons
Michael Nesmith and the First National Band ( created 'country rock )
Chet Baker
Charles Mingus
Velvet Underground

get back to me when you find your soul....

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#80 : June 17, 2009, 02:15:54 PM

would've been "hell"..uh...don't think so........try 'The Zombies"....Cream....hell The Stones ( my favorite ) had their best during that time 1968-1972.....like it or not those 60's and 70's band layed a musical foundation that still reaps huge benefits....just ask the punks who rip their music and looks off every day......take a listen to Jaco Pastorious...best bass player in the world...with Weather Report.....

The Faces
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Donovan
The Band
Joni Mitchell
Gram Parsons
Chet Baker
Charles Mingus
Velvet Underground

didn't you know that stratobuc is a "professional" musician?

your opinion about music does not count for jack squat because he is a "professional" and you are not.

::)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#81 : June 17, 2009, 02:55:37 PM

I don't think anyone can tell you you're "wrong" about what type of music you consider good...

But I recognized some of those names on Strato's list

I'm no musician - but I know what I like.

I'm going to check out some of the other bands/guys you all have posted - and I'm checking out some of the guys I didn't recognize from Strato's list....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

biffbeaumont

Starter

#82 : June 17, 2009, 06:45:54 PM

The Faces
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Donovan
The Band
Joni Mitchell
Gram Parsons
Chet Baker
Charles Mingus
Velvet Underground

your opinion about music does not count for jack squat because he is a "professional" and you are not.

huh...guess you didn't read my earlier posts..eh? I've been a professional musician in this area for 16 years.....played everywhere
but I do get the joke....music is so subjective... check my Myspace for my current schedule
www.myspace.com/davidjpotts

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#83 : June 17, 2009, 06:50:51 PM

The Faces
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Donovan
The Band
Joni Mitchell
Gram Parsons
Chet Baker
Charles Mingus
Velvet Underground

huh...guess you didn't read my earlier posts..eh? I've been a professional musician in this area for 16 years.....played everywhere
but I do get the joke....music is so subjective... check my Myspace for my current schedule
www.myspace.com/davidjpotts

lol

ok, just glad you don't have the attitude of that "other" professional musician that graces us with his presence and all knowing guidance about music...

carry on...

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Oldies" Music « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools