Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two year old girl has genius I.Q. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 10, 2009, 12:46:44 AM

Weird, my little one is 2 years and 3 months old and she can do most of this. Verbally she is ALMOST there....
Get her tested.
Why?

I was being serious. If she is close to the genius kid, might as well get her tested to see if she is gifted. It would be fun just to see...

Disgusting Boid.

If thats where it ends. I just see it as a way for the parent to have unreasonably high expectations for their child.
as a father, is there anything wrong with that?

I think more parents should have high expectations of their children. Parenting is rather pathetic these days. From a lot of what I know, and observe anyways.

but if you hold high expectations for kids, you might hurt their self esteem if they can't meat those expectations...

(sarcasm)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 10, 2009, 02:09:45 AM

Weird, my little one is 2 years and 3 months old and she can do most of this. Verbally she is ALMOST there....
Get her tested.
Why?

I was being serious. If she is close to the genius kid, might as well get her tested to see if she is gifted. It would be fun just to see...

Disgusting Boid.

If thats where it ends. I just see it as a way for the parent to have unreasonably high expectations for their child.

I think more parents should have high expectations of their children. Parenting is rather pathetic these days. From a lot of what I know, and observe anyways.

Yeah there is. Hence "unreasonably". I never said you should expect good things out of your kids, but putting an overboard of pressure(especially in academics) is setting them up for "failure."
Oh c'mon.  I was just sayin' dude should have his daughter tested to see if she could be a potential genius,.

Expectations or not, not sure what you are arguing about here.  Or what you think is wrong of me, either.

I respect intelligence, and that 2 year old might save a life one day.  Or make some dollars.  Whatever.

Gotta love that the child in debate is considered a genius....it is not like I am expecting her to NEVER miss a day of school or whatever...ha ha ha!

And Josh Johnson11, you are a mere tike.  And for her to test rather well in an ADULT GIVEN AND CREATED EXAM...how is this "sad"?  You are a kid bro.  Enjoy it while you can.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 10, 2009, 02:19:48 PM

She wouldn't fit in on this board

Sure she would. Didn't you see the thread about texting?

I'm sorry, how could I possibly forget.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 10, 2009, 04:57:13 PM

Get her tested.
Why?

Disgusting Boid.

but if you hold high expectations for kids, you might hurt their self esteem if they can't meat those expectations...

(sarcasm)

Everybody's a winner and everybody gets a trophy because we don't keep score. If you keep score, someone might lose and that is sad  :(

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 10, 2009, 05:12:43 PM

Are you smarter than a 2 year old? *singing*

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 10, 2009, 11:31:46 PM

Get her tested. 

Thought about that but even if she did what difference would it make?  What if she didn't?

She goes to to a pretty decent daycare locally where they do a lot academically with them 2 days a week (My wife is a nurse).  The rest of the time she runs around at home and get's tons of love and attention from the rest of the family.

My 8 year old loves to sit with her and the 4-5 year old neighborhood kids down and 'play' school.  She teaches them math, reading and writing and our 2 year old does NOT want to be left out. 

That's what I actually attribute the development to, watching and observing the older kids and wanting to be like them. 

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 10, 2009, 11:33:44 PM

I took an IQ test once and got a high score cause I guessed on like half the answers and just got lucky lmao.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 10, 2009, 11:39:52 PM

Get her tested.

Thought about that but even if she did what difference would it make? What if she didn't?

She goes to to a pretty decent daycare locally where they do a lot academically with them 2 days a week (My wife is a nurse). The rest of the time she runs around at home and get's tons of love and attention from the rest of the family.

My 8 year old loves to sit with her and the 4-5 year old neighborhood kids down and 'play' school. She teaches them math, reading and writing and our 2 year old does NOT want to be left out.

That's what I actually attribute the development to, watching and observing the older kids and wanting to be like them.
What harm could it do, on the flip side?  Maybe you get her a free ride into a great school as a result?

But on a more conventional note, that sounds awesome man.  Glad you have a child who is much loved, and is an earnest learner.  Most kids want to learn, but they pick up a lot of garbage from less than admirable parents.  I shouldn't say most, but a fair share of kids these days seem very rude, and misguided...I attribute that to lack of love, from poor parents.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two year old girl has genius I.Q. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools