Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Letterman in hot seat after Palin joke « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 10, 2009, 10:13:49 PM

no surprise.

Letterman is bitter his wife isnt as hot
As hot as Palin? God she is so not hot!

well you probably like the more dike/short hair look like Hillary. Your the last person Id go for, for advise on hotness

Since Morgan is a woman, how can men take her advice on the hotness of a woman anyway?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 10, 2009, 10:14:40 PM

no surprise.

Here's more of your type

funny thing is, someone, somewhere, is hittin' that!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 10, 2009, 10:20:24 PM

People need to lighten up.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 10, 2009, 10:21:58 PM

I know, it was a funny joke. You put yourself at risk for knocked up jokes when you get "knocked up."

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 10, 2009, 10:24:14 PM

no surprise.

well you probably like the more dike/short hair look like Hillary. Your the last person Id go for, for advise on hotness

Since Morgan is a woman, how can men take her advice on the hotness of a woman anyway?

Not all nurses are women.   Morgan is a guy.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 10, 2009, 10:26:03 PM

I know, it was a funny joke. You put yourself at risk for knocked up jokes when you get "knocked up."

When did Palin's 14-year old daughter get knocked up?

You are thinking of the other daughter, Bristol. And Bristol wasnt at the baseball game, it was the 14 year old that was there.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 10, 2009, 10:37:03 PM

I agree that Letterman needs to lighten up.   His "agenda" against republicans is a tired act.   I'm not democrat or republican, but it's pretty obvious that this was just a personal attack and not even an attempt at humor.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : June 10, 2009, 10:43:28 PM

no surprise.

I didn't comment about Palin's hotness anywhere in the thread. Did mention that she's old news and she paraded her knocked up child on the stage in front of America. So the topic of teenage pregnacy in the Palin family is up for ridicule. Letterman struck out with the joke - not funny, imo.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#23 : June 10, 2009, 11:22:57 PM

You meant mrtks right?   Click!

I seriously wonder what kind of backlash there would have been if he would have talked about the Obama daughters getting raped by Alex Rodriguez...

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 10, 2009, 11:25:18 PM

When did Palin's 14-year old daughter get knocked up?

You are thinking of the other daughter, Bristol. And Bristol wasnt at the baseball game, it was the 14 year old that was there.

Oh, I messed up then. Yeah, that is inappropriate.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 10, 2009, 11:42:55 PM

Hard to find anything funny about out-of-wedlock teenage pregnancy. Add a steroid using major league baseball player who cheats on his wife = not too funny.

Doesn't A-Rod go for 50-yr old cougars, anyway?

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#26 : June 11, 2009, 12:10:02 AM

The Palin's respond and Letterman issues a non-apology, apology:

"Any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are de**CENSORED**able. Alaskans know it and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too."

- Todd Palin

"Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands - that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contribute to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"

- Governor Sarah Palin

He even has the audacity to suggest that Palin appear on his show...

“We were, as we often do, making jokes about people in the news and we made some jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter [Bristol]... and now they’re upset with me…” Letterman says on tonight's show. "These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl.... Am I guilty of poor taste? Yes. Did I suggest that it was okay for her 14-year-old daughter to be having promiscuous sex? No." Saying he hopes he's "cleared part of this up," Letterman extended an invitation to Palin to come on the show as a guest.
[/b]

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/06/david-letterman-responds-to-flap-over-sarah-palin-jokes.html

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 11, 2009, 12:17:37 AM

I didn't see anywhere in the joke where he said the 14 yr old daughter was raped.

Almost everyone knows the history behind Palins' out-of-wedlock teenaged older daughter who was "knocked-up" during the campaign while GOV Palin hypocritcally preached about morality to the American people.

Over anaylsis of a late night joke, imo.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 11, 2009, 12:25:30 AM

I didn't see anywhere in the joke where he said the 14 yr old daughter was raped.

Almost everyone knows the history behind Palins' out-of-wedlock teenaged older daughter who was "knocked-up" during the campaign while GOV Palin hypocritcally preached about morality to the American people.

Over anaylsis of a late night joke, imo.

Letterman is trying to back out of it and claim he meant the other daughter. But how could that be if Bristol wasnt even there?

“One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game," Letterman said, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez.”

The only daughter that was with Palin at that game was her 14-year old daughter, Willow. Bristol was not there.

Either he intentionally made the bad joke or he didn't do his homework before making it. Either way...he's a a**clown.

I'd like to see what happens to Letterman if he goes on the streets of New York and tells random people this joke about their daughters getting raped. I wonder how long it takes before he ends up in the ER. There are just some things you don't joke about.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 11, 2009, 12:35:35 AM

New Yorkers aren't niave - I'm sure they'd not take the joke literally (rape) as you have.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Letterman in hot seat after Palin joke « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools