Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Letterman in hot seat after Palin joke « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 11, 2009, 12:44:41 AM

no surprise.

Letterman is bitter his wife isnt as hot
As hot as Palin? God she is so not hot!

well you probably like the more dike/short hair look like Hillary. Your the last person Id go for, for advise on hotness

Since Morgan is a woman, how can men take her advice on the hotness of a woman anyway?

Not all nurses are women.   Morgan is a guy.

Seriously?

I have always thought Morgan was a female...  His posts never lead me to believe otherwise.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#31 : June 11, 2009, 12:50:36 AM

CBS feedback form:

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

CBS phone number: 

CBS: 212-975-4321

CBS Executives:

Nina Tassler = nina.tassler@cbs.com

Kelly Kahl = kelly.kahl@cbs.com

Kim Sartori = kim.sartori@cbs.com

Les Moonves = lmoonves@cbs.com

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 11, 2009, 12:54:16 AM

I'd like to see Letterman put Palin's husband on his show then tell that "joke" to his face.    

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 11, 2009, 12:56:21 AM

New Yorkers aren't niave - I'm sure they'd not take the joke literally (rape) as you have.

She's a minor at 14 yrs. old and in NY state (and probably every state at that age) that is statutory rape.  

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 11, 2009, 05:15:03 AM

Ziegler Discusses Palin Response On MSNBC

Radio talk show host John Ziegler appeared on MSNBC to discuss his interview with Gov. Sarah Palin, in which she responds to a verbal attack from "Late Show" host David Letterman. Ziegler hit MSNBC for it's pro-Obama bias, causing the ire of MSNBC'er Contessa Brewer. Brewer, a woman, did not seem to be offended by Letterman's "slutty" remark.

At the end of the interview, Brewer was so agitated with Ziegler that she requested his microphone be turned off.
http://www.howobamagotelected.com/sarah-palin-interview.asp

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 11, 2009, 07:31:35 AM

Letterman makes rude jokes about a 14 year old girl and some feel that is okay.

It isn't.  And it doesn't matter who the 14 year old girl is.

He should get a few weeks off to review his inability to understand appropriate vs inappropriate - not all taht different than the Imus bs that got him time off. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gruber

Pro Bowler

#36 : June 11, 2009, 09:30:52 AM

everyone is so hyper-sensitive these days. First I didn't see the clip yet, but what immediatly comes to my mind is he was talking about Bristol. I don't know how old she is but she obviously puts out. RAPE who said anything about rape? Total blown out of proportion if you ask me.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 11, 2009, 10:20:52 AM

Would you find it funny if he said the same thing about Michelle Obama?

Of course not! The thought of Michelle Obama as a "slutty flight attendant" isn't funny, it's repulsive.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 11, 2009, 10:40:58 AM

Lookin' good, Mrs. First Lady

Dash Riprock

Starter

#39 : June 11, 2009, 10:45:11 AM

no surprise.

Letterman is bitter his wife isnt as hot
As hot as Palin? God she is so not hot!

This from a broad with a history of posting pics of herself that aren't her. By the way for a woman in her 40's with a bunch of kids, she most definately is hot.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#40 : June 11, 2009, 10:46:18 AM

Lookin' good, Mrs. First Lady

Sandy Cheeks from SpongeBob comes to mind

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 11, 2009, 10:53:24 AM

Letterman makes rude jokes about a 14 year old girl and some feel that is okay.

It isn't. And it doesn't matter who the 14 year old girl is.

He should get a few weeks off to review his inability to understand appropriate vs inappropriate - not all taht different than the Imus a subject for debate that got him time off.

do you honestly think he was talking about the 14 year old? Come on man, he was talking about the older one.

It was funny as hell, everyone needs to chill. Anyone who thinks he would go on late night CBS and talk about a 14 year old girl getting railed needs to check themself

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#42 : June 11, 2009, 11:18:57 AM

It's not that tough for a show with a multi-million budget to do a little research.  The Palins were in NY state in a Founders Day Parade Saturday and at the game Sunday:

WaPo's Howard Kurtz makes some good points...

We can spend a lot of time debating whether comedians go overboard, as we did during the Wanda Sykes flap, but to me, this one ain't close.

David Letterman went too far.

And he belatedly seems to recognize that.

Sarah Palin is fair game for most kinds of mockery, from Tina Fey's "I can see Russia from my house" to harsher fare. But not her kids. Her kids ought to be off-limits.

It was bad enough that Letterman compared Palin herself to a "slutty flight attendant." That was pretty sexist, but at least the governor was the target.

But then Letterman talked about Palin taking her 14-year-old daughter to a Yankee game and cracked that during the seventh inning, "her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

He was at it again Tuesday night, saying the toughest part of Palin's visit to New York "was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter."

Palin denounced the jokes in a statement to Fox News, saying: "Laughter incited by sexually perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/N.Y. entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands -- that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others."

Dave expressed regret on last night's "Late Show," but not all that much. He said he was joking about 18-year-old Bristol (who did get pregnant), not 14-year-old Willow (even though it was Willow, not Bristol, who accompanied Sarah Palin to New York.

"I would never think it was funny," Letterman said, to joke about a 14-year-old. (The four years makes such a big difference?)

Letterman's one concession: "Am I guilty of poor taste? Yes. Did I suggest that it was OK for her 14-year-old daughter to be having promiscuous sex? No." Then he invited Palin on the show.

My question is this: If a conservative comedian had made such jokes about, say, Chelsea Clinton when she was a teenager, wouldn't the media establishment have demanded an apology? Instead, the reaction was more "tee hee, look what that naughty Letterman said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/11/AR2009061101132.html

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#43 : June 11, 2009, 11:30:45 AM

I'm reading all of this and can only shake my head.

Agree totally 100% with Java, I want to see Letterman say those things to Todd Palin's face!

Yeah it OBVIOUS that he is talking about Bristol even AFTER he know that she isn't even in New York.  Go figure!!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 11, 2009, 11:49:29 AM

People are so uptight...

I actually tuned into MSNBC and Fox News last night and caught reports about this from both stations.

What really pisses me off is that if this were about a Democrat, the reactions would be reversed.  MSNBC would be all pissed off and Fox News would be telling people to chill out.

Typical.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Letterman in hot seat after Palin joke « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools