Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms pathetic start due to coaching or ability? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#75 : February 08, 2007, 09:09:01 PM

I was thinking he signed a 4 year deal with a 2 year extension which would take it through 07--i guess it was originally a 5 year deal--my bad.  I still think that Gruden is gone if the team fails to improve this year. I dont even think 8-8 will save his job.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : February 08, 2007, 09:59:52 PM

I was thinking ...
  No - you weren't.  There is nothing to your point.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#77 : February 08, 2007, 10:24:28 PM

I was thinking ...
No - you weren't. There is nothing to your point.
was i even talking to you? no I wasnt. bugger off!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#78 : February 09, 2007, 10:08:50 AM

If the Bucs were as bad as thier 4-12 record? Then why are we not hearing things like, the players have lost faith in the coaching staff, the players are blocking out the coaches, locker room moral is real low,

It appears that we have a good team the problem is that it is just having some mechanicle problems that need to be fixed.
When you see just 1 reciever going out for a pass on a play it tells you that something was realy wrong.
Gruden might have been saying the entire play book was open for the game but it wasn't.
When you go to the games you see so much more then what you see on TV.
What you see at the games is that the plays are not as complex as Gruden would like.
I am not a huge Griese fan but ever since Griese went down last year. You could see how the plays have gotten less complicated.
There are less wide outs more max protect. Less shifting at the line of scrimage. There are far fewer reads that the QB have to make.
I think the max protect is more to slow the game down for the QB then it is bad line play.
If you Have a Qb that needs an extra 1.5 seconds to make their reads thats huge in pro football
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms pathetic start due to coaching or ability? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools