Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Exactly which receiver do the BUCS have an eye on for draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

« : February 07, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »

WR David Boston is getting a second chance in Tampa. The Buccaneers signed Boston a few days before the Super Bowl to join a wide-open WR competition for a roster spot behind Joey Galloway, the only sure thing in Tampa’s arsenal. Boston joined the Buccaneers last summer and made some nice plays in training camp, leading some team observers to believe he might make the roster. But Boston, a former first-round pick and one-time Pro Bowler, was released on the eve of the 2006 season because he wasn’t in good enough football shape after playing only five games since ’03. We hear the Boston signing is another slap in the face for WR Michael Clayton, a 2004 first-round draft pick who has suffered through back-to-back disappointing campaigns following a stellar rookie season. Sources tell us that addressing the WR position is a real concern for the Buccaneers in the offseason because of Galloway’s age (he’ll turn 36 in November) and Clayton’s poor play. Signing Boston is just a start, because we hear the Buccaneers will have their eye on a receiver on Draft Day.

Of course my guess would be CJ21, what would your guess be and why?

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcsouth

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

« #1 : February 07, 2007, 04:08:10 PM »

Uh....link?

zed

Pro Bowler

« #2 : February 07, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »

I don't see us eying anyone else unless someone one would fall to the point it would be stupid not to draft him.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #3 : February 07, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »

Johnson is the only WR I would want in the draft. We drafted Stovall last year, so find one in free agency.

« #4 : February 07, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »

The only WR I could think of that would strike our eye other than CJ would maybe be a late round selection of Steve Smith from USCw

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 07, 2007, 05:37:07 PM »

Dwayne Bowe?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #6 : February 07, 2007, 05:42:05 PM »

I like Meacham if he falls to the late 2nd/3rd rd. Prolly not likely to happen though.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #7 : February 07, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »

Sidney Rice maybe

STRICK9

Second String

« #8 : February 07, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »

I like Meacham if he falls to the late 2nd/3rd rd. Prolly not likely to happen though.

Yeah, Meachem in the 2nd isn't bad......great hands and route runner, descent size.   Bowe couldn't catch a cold in Mobile last week and he reminds me way too much of Clayton, only not as much upside. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 07, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »

Yeah, Meachem in the 2nd isn't bad......great hands and route runner, descent size. Bowe couldn't catch a cold in Mobile last week and he reminds me way too much of Clayton, only not as much upside.

Not that I want us to draft him but I thought Bowe was one of the stars of Mobile.

Mellow

Starter

« #10 : February 07, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

This draft is supposed to be rich in WRs, so even if CJ doesn't become a Buc there are lots of very good receivers that will be available in rounds 2 and 3.  Meachem or Bowie would be good in R2, Jason Hill in R3.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 07, 2007, 07:13:34 PM »

Bucd Up Boston's signing isn't a slap at anybody.  He's just a training camp body.  He couldn't make it last year with the Bucs. How's he going to be any better this year?  He's just one year older.  But he worked hard in camp last year.  Let the old guy come in and show the youngsters how its done.  It will be a miracle if he makes the team though, so why is it a slap at Clayton?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 07, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »

Joey Galloway
Mike Clayton
Ike Hilliard
Maurice Stovall
Paris Warren
David Boston

Do you feel comfortable with that?

I don't.

But I feel less comfortable with this:

DeWayne White (maybe)
Ellis Wyms
Chris Hovan
Greg Spires
Jovan Haye

Oh yeah, forgot about these guys:

Tony Davis
Dan Buenning
John Wade
Davin Joseph
'Blood
(but we still have Yatta!  and MAHAN!)

bucfanmark

Second String
« #13 : February 07, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »

Boid,
That point is so good it hurts to read it. :-

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 07, 2007, 09:46:49 PM »

Boid,
That point is so good it hurts to read it. :-
My man, at least you got the point.

CAn the Bucs really go wrong drafting Calvin Johnson?

Nope.

Can they go wrong drafting Gaines Adams?

Nope.

Can they go wrong drafting Brady Quinn?  Hell yes.

Joe Thomas will be off the board, but if they could draft him, I would take that first.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Exactly which receiver do the BUCS have an eye on for draft? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools