Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Dungy...Bottom Line Wins and Losses « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

« #30 : February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM »

Delusional? Jon Gruden? He's confident and fiery, hardly delusional.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #31 : February 07, 2007, 11:15:58 PM »

Gruden > You.
Smart ass. No, he's not, cause I'm not delusional. On what do you base the broad statement: He can coach. Unless you are being tuned out.

CLICK!

« #32 : February 07, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »

So you guys are happy with Gruden's win/loss record? What makes you think it'll get better?
The man has won games last year for the Bucs with a less than stellar cast.

He has won divison championships.

He got robbed in New England when he was with the Raiders (The Brady Rule).

He has a Lombardi.

He can coach.

The Bucs are out of the cap hell, have picks to use, they will get better.  Gruden is a good coach.  Nuff said.
YOU MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #33 : February 07, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »

Gruden > You.
Smart ass. No, he's not, cause I'm not delusional. On what do you base the broad statement: He can coach. Unless you are being tuned out.
He wona Lomabrdi.  He has won divisional championships.  He is under 45.  He is very young yet, and still has time to learn, as he is.  He has said he is willing to change his offense a bit, so that reeks of a man learning through trial and error.  He has picks and cap money, so yes, Gruden gets another shot.

Gruden is a good coach.

What exactly has he said that makes you think he is delusional?

Gimme a friggin break.  That is just HATRED talking.  So you don't like the way he looks, maybe you hate his **CENSORED**y sneer.  I would be pissed too if I was used to hanging banners, and had to deal with malcontents, no cap room, no draft picks, and less than stellar players...

Gruden is a good coach.  Period.  No argument you have can put down the fact that he has proven his worth in the past.  No other coach is going to come in (within reason) and make this team any better.  NOBODY Karen.  Not a single soul.  Get used to it.

I wonder what you were saying about Gruden last year...

Yeah, the year he coached a subpar lineup into the NFC South champion.  WHat were you saying when he won the Lombardi?  He is a proven coach, unlike 80 percent of the coaches in the NFL.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #34 : February 07, 2007, 11:18:03 PM »

So you guys are happy with Gruden's win/loss record? What makes you think it'll get better?
The man has won games last year for the Bucs with a less than stellar cast.

He has won divison championships.

He got robbed in New England when he was with the Raiders (The Brady Rule).

He has a Lombardi.

He can coach.

The Bucs are out of the cap hell, have picks to use, they will get better.  Gruden is a good coach.  Nuff said.

this post by boid should be on it's own, as a sticky!

clap-clap-clap

« #35 : February 07, 2007, 11:24:55 PM »

Gruden > You.
He wona Lomabrdi.  He has won divisional championships.  He is under 45.  He is very young yet, and still has time to learn, as he is.  He has said he is willing to change his offense a bit, so that reeks of a man learning through trial and error.  He has picks and cap money, so yes, Gruden gets another shot.

Gruden is a good coach.

What exactly has he said that makes you think he is delusional?

Gimme a friggin break.  That is just HATRED talking.  So you don't like the way he looks, maybe you hate his **CENSORED**y sneer.  I would be pissed too if I was used to hanging banners, and had to deal with malcontents, no cap room, no draft picks, and less than stellar players...

Gruden is a good coach.  Period.  No argument you have can put down the fact that he has proven his worth in the past.  No other coach is going to come in (within reason) and make this team any better.  NOBODY Karen.  Not a single soul.  Get used to it.

I wonder what you were saying about Gruden last year...

Yeah, the year he coached a subpar lineup into the NFC South champion.  WHat were you saying when he won the Lombardi?  He is a proven coach, unlike 80 percent of the coaches in the NFL.
Perhaps she hates all blonde hair blue eyed ex QBs....'looks at the Simms family'...oh..nevermind....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #36 : February 07, 2007, 11:28:20 PM »

You don't think he has over stayed is welcome?  Divided the locker room?  Being tuned out by players?  If he were just the OC he'd be gone. And I don't understand why you think someone so hard headed & stubborn (see Grads) can actually change his philosophies?  Ever heard of one hit wonders?

« #37 : February 07, 2007, 11:30:49 PM »

You don't think he has over stayed is welcome?  Divided the locker room?  Being tuned out by players?  If he were just the OC he'd be gone. And I don't understand why you think someone so hard headed & stubborn (see Grads) can actually change his philosophies?  Ever heard of one hit wonders?
- I haven't heard of this divided locker room nor being tuned out.....

« #38 : February 07, 2007, 11:31:19 PM »

Also Gruden has 2 CCG appearances, hardly a one hit wonder....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #39 : February 07, 2007, 11:36:25 PM »

Towards the end of the year they weren't even looking at the coach or his pet qb.  Disgust is easy to see.  You think they liked the fact that he left that poor excuse for a qb in so long?  Didn't you notice the better play when the qb could actually hit guys with the ball.  How do you trust a coach that refuses to pull a qb that he has annointed & is truely bad? He thought he could will him to be better.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #40 : February 07, 2007, 11:36:59 PM »

At least he is a one hit wonder Karen as we are all still waiting for your first hit now please shut up about Gruden.  Why is it that some people can see that he is a good coach - yes he has his faults but this is the NFL and every coach has their faults.  Every coach has an ego, every coach has "their" players and every coach has to deal with the salary cap so lets see what happens to the Colts once they deal with the salary cap and by the way since Tony has been at the Colts other than Freeney who has he drafted that has really done anything - OK maybe Sanders and Addai but who else?  My point is Tony already had a top QB, 2 great WR's, a good OL a great RB who they let go and all he had to do was fix a defense which he still has not done - 3 games do not take away a whole season.  Gruden on the other hand inherited little if any talent on offense and an old defense plus Rich McKay's stupid way of writing contracts.  

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #41 : February 07, 2007, 11:44:49 PM »

double click

« #42 : February 07, 2007, 11:45:31 PM »

I just don't get her hate for Gru and her love for Dungy....without Gru we don't get that ring....that means more to me as a Bucs fan than nearly anything.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #43 : February 07, 2007, 11:46:34 PM »

Only problem with Gruden is so far "His" players have not been able to get it done.

T

Hall of Famer

« #44 : February 07, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »

If you don't like Jon Gruden, you don't like yourself very much either. Gruden has a true passion for the game and has caught alot of bad breaks since winning a Super Bowl 5 years before Dungy did. While Gruden was winning a Super Bowl, Dungy was losing to the Jest 41-0, making it his 4th straight playoff game where a team he coached FAILED to score a offensive TD.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Dungy...Bottom Line Wins and Losses « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools