Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Driving in the work truck, turned on 620 WDAE ... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : June 14, 2009, 10:11:00 AM

I am so glad I don't live in Tampa sometimes. Duimig is a giant dog turd.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#16 : June 15, 2009, 02:45:26 AM

Turn your freaking radios off you losers. Nothing else to complain about? What he's said about the Rays has been very true. BJ should not have been batting lead off all this time and 'resting' guys is asinine.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 15, 2009, 09:15:11 AM

Turn your freaking radios off you losers. Nothing else to complain about? What he's said about the Rays has been very true. BJ should not have been batting lead off all this time and 'resting' guys is asinine.

The last time I heard DUImig was when he was ranting on and on about Zobrist swinging too hard and only trying to hit home runs, and that was six weeks or so ago.  Zobrist is now hitting .309, with a .424 OBP, slugging .667, and has a OPS of 1.091.  Ouch.  That's hardly "very true."  It's June and Zobrist has a higher average than Chase Utley, more home runs than Miguel Cabrera and a higher OPS than Raul Ibanez.

So what broadcasting school did your boy go to, Karen?  You ignored the question earlier.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#18 : June 15, 2009, 12:35:26 PM

Another chump who knows more about baseball then a 30 year+ expierienced manager who happens to be the current manager of the year. Idiots like you and dumbazz keep **CENSORED**in about the offense yet they lead all of MLB in runs scored, why dont you direct your ignorance towards Jim Hickey, then you might have an argument.

jimbobuc

Second String

#19 : June 15, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

I'm glad others are noticing this.

I stopped listening to Deumig during football season because of his agenda against Gruden. But off season, I tuned in because he does know golf & hockey, and he tended to be more objective. Now he is "Grudenizing" Maddon.

I can only assume this is ratings driven - he stoked emotions on both sides with Gruden, so he's trying it with Maddon. What really irritates me is his disdain for watching the pitch counts of the Rays starters. It comes off as if the only team that does this are the Rays. For goodness sake, MOST OF THE LEAGUE does it! You can argue its merit league wide, but quit singling out our team. So now he's driven me away during baseball season. Guess what? That pretty much takes up the whole year.

So - way to go Steve - I've resorted to just listening to Cowhead because of your 'agenda'.

One bonus - I will NEVER have to listen to any more of those obnoxious 'Nature Bee' ads. I swear, there were times I wanted to reach right through my radio....

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 15, 2009, 02:34:02 PM

So the pitch counts that were never done in the past are suddenly a good thing? Ridiculous. And your only example of a mistake is Zobrist? So the hell what? Plenty of other stupid crap was going on.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 15, 2009, 02:41:21 PM

And your only example of a mistake is Zobrist? So the hell what?

I've listened to your boy DUImig, Karen, for a grand total of about 13 minutes in 2009.  If I listened more, I'm sure I could come up with plenty of examples of ridiculous thing the Big Drunkard says.

So the hell what?

Anybody who says baseball player "swings too hard" who hitting over .270 is a moron.

Any word on that broadcasting school yet?

Dash Riprock

Starter

#22 : June 15, 2009, 02:52:25 PM

So the pitch counts that were never done in the past are suddenly a good thing? Ridiculous. And your only example of a mistake is Zobrist? So the hell what? Plenty of other stupid crap was going on.
[/quot

Maybe you dont watch much baseball but pitch counts have been closely watched for the past dozen or so years. Studies have shown injuries increase when young pitchers throw more than 100 pitches, agree or disagree with it but thats the way its been for years. What other stupid crap?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 15, 2009, 05:53:06 PM

LOL - pitch counting has been going on for decades. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#24 : June 16, 2009, 02:30:34 AM

Did they use pitch couts when pitchers pitched entire games? Don't care how long it's been going on it's stupid. Nolan Ryan isn't letting his guys do it, but what does he know? 17 years broadcasting is equal to going to any school. I don't know what school he went to but some jerk said he couldn't talk cuz he didn't coach. That leaves all of you jerks out of talking cuz none of you coached...and I don't want to hear about little league or high school. You don't agree, don't listen! Stay ignorant. You actually think you have the power to do something about the #1 radio how in it's time slot? You are very over impressed with yourselves! Lol!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 16, 2009, 06:55:29 AM

Yes - counts are used for all games
It isn't stupid
Nolan would be the exception - counts and charts of types of pitches have been used for 40+ years I can attest to
Doing the same thing 17 times doesn't make one anything - but repetitive
I don't care that one does or doesn't coach - it is making schilt up that is the issue
I don't listen
Ignorant - maybe - happier for not listening - you bet - don't like liars
Like I said in another thread - let someone else get a decent signal and Duimeg becomes #2

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Driving in the work truck, turned on 620 WDAE ... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools