Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs go after Mike Rucker or Mike Minter? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#15 : February 08, 2007, 12:58:36 AM

both of them would be great, especially rucker

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 08, 2007, 01:51:14 AM

On second thought NO,but can the Bucs buy their playbooks from them so we can beat the Panthers next year?

bklynbucs11

Starter

#17 : February 08, 2007, 08:59:11 AM

Todd Steussie was the last veteran we signed from the Panthers squad....

But seriously - Rucker no. He's benefited too much from being the DE opposite Peppers. Minter on the other hand, definitely. He's a good cover safety and would allow us to move Will Allen back to strong safety. If you recall, he was pretty successful playing the SS spot in 2005 with Dex at the FS. We played Will Allen at FS which isn't his natural spot. He's a good hitter and could add about 5 LB's but he WOULD be a serviceable/good SS but has no business playing FS. he doesn't have the range, nor the discipline in coverage to play FS.

Except there's one problem. Minter signed a 5-year extension in either 2004 or 2005. They can't get rid of him that easily.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 08, 2007, 10:33:44 AM

Rucker is 31 years old so I guess he's only a year younger than Simeon Rice.

Rucker turns 32 in a few weeks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 08, 2007, 10:39:13 AM

Rucker has had injury problems of late, I don't like 30-year-olds on the defensive, and I'd rather use one of the first two draft picks on an end. Strong safeties can play for longer and don't usually get paid that much so I would take Minter.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#20 : February 08, 2007, 11:01:32 AM

Although I feel the defense should be fixed with FA those two are just too old for my liking...not that they can't play but at their age one has to wonder if they can give a team at least two full seasons.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should the Bucs go after Mike Rucker or Mike Minter? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools