Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Marshall demands trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

: June 15, 2009, 09:05:52 PM

a disgruntled randy moss only cost a 4th. im not sure how i would feel about him being in a bucs uniform, but anything more than a 2nd would be too much.

Moss was also thought to be DONE. Marshall probably hasnt hit his prime. And I realise Moss was far from done, but it wouldnt have been dumb to think that. He had 2 very unproductive seasons in Oakland.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 15, 2009, 08:50:30 PM

a disgruntled randy moss only cost a 4th. im not sure how i would feel about him being in a bucs uniform, but anything more than a 2nd would be too much.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 15, 2009, 05:06:55 PM

NFL insider Adam Schefter reported on 850 KOA in Denver that Brandon Marshall asked Broncos owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during their meeting Friday.
Per Schefter, Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to reconsider his stance. Marshall is not expected to back down, however, which means the Broncos are right back where they were with Jay Cutler. Though it's possible that a new contract could assuage Marshall, it's more likely that the receiver will continue to push for a trade. Perhaps the Bears will be interested.

-rotoworld

Bryant, Plax, Marshall, Kellen Winslow?

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 15, 2009, 05:08:29 PM

I'd love to have Brandon Marshall, I just dont see it happening.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : June 15, 2009, 05:10:25 PM

The bears could end up making a move. They have given Denver all of their draft picks anyways.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 16, 2009, 12:29:59 AM

Actually - most of us remember him from UCF.

Nobody knew, nor cared who Stovall was.
Yeah, the prospect from the powerhouse otherwise known as UCF was much more well known than the dude coming from small-time Notre Dame.

And a lot of people on PR were calling for Stovall, he was the flavor of the month around here before draft time.
While there isn't a comparison UCF has produced guys like: Daunte Culpepper, Kevin Smith, Asante Samuel, Atari Bigby - besides Brandon Marshall.

and if you hadn't noticed, you probably shouldn't continue using the terms "Notre Dame" and "powerhouse" in the same sentence.

It appears that old habits die hard.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BuccaneerBrandon

Second String

#6 : June 15, 2009, 05:14:14 PM

Malcolm Glazer, you know all that money Kaka netted you? Why don't you share some of that with the Bucs and get one of the best receivers in the league to team with Freeman.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#7 : June 15, 2009, 05:17:22 PM

pull the trigger.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 15, 2009, 05:18:31 PM

Malcolm Glazer, you know all that money Kaka netted you? Why don't you share some of that with the Bucs and get one of the best receivers in the league to team with Freeman.

Couldn't agree more.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 15, 2009, 05:20:21 PM

A WR is only as good as his quarterback.  I mean if we surround our sub-par QBs with top notch talent like Winslow, Bryant, Marshall, Plax, etc., then they’d have to truly stink not to have a good offense, but the thing is….was Marshall that productive because Cutler fed him the ball a lot?  I mean he has over 100 receptions the past 2 years.

How would he be in this offense?  Sharing the ball with Winslow and Bryant, not to mention Jags wanting to be a run first team.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him, but trading a first round pick for Marshall may not be in our best interest, when he most likely won’t be nearly as productive in our offense with our Quarterbacks.

Considering our schedule as well, it isn’t out of question for us to have a top 5- 10 pick next year, so be weary of trading the selections.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 15, 2009, 05:20:35 PM

pull the trigger.

that works more w/ the Plaxico thread ;)    (cause he shot himself)

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 15, 2009, 05:28:35 PM

Small problem there, the Glazers didn't get any money in the KaKá deal being as he played for AC Milan not Man U.
Maybe you were thinking of Ronaldo who Man U did sell.

Plus there's no point in even talking about that cash being as the Glazers have already told Ferguson it's his to spend as he pleases.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 15, 2009, 05:30:02 PM

I think Tampa would be about the worst team for Marshall. I wouldn't want him living two hours away from every bad influence he grew up with.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 15, 2009, 05:31:40 PM

Would love to do it but doubt it happens.
He might get a new deal and stop but if he doesn't he will get a trade.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 15, 2009, 05:31:51 PM

I think Tampa would be about the worst team for Marshall. I wouldn't want him living two hours away from every bad influence he grew up with.

There is a lot of validity to that statement.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Marshall demands trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools