Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Marshall demands trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 15, 2009, 07:05:20 PM

Actually - most of us remember him from UCF.

Nobody knew, nor cared who Stovall was.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 15, 2009, 07:07:43 PM

Yeah, the prospect from the powerhouse otherwise known as UCF was much more well known than the dude coming from small-time Notre Dame.

And a lot of people on PR were calling for Stovall, he was the flavor of the month around here before draft time.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 15, 2009, 07:08:52 PM

Knew the name and school bc he played relatively locally - but no - didn't think much of him nor Stovall.  Who said it was a steal - bc that turned out to be a subject for debate....  Surely it is Gruden's fault regardless ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 15, 2009, 07:11:14 PM

What's it feel like to be a Denver Broncos fan right now?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 15, 2009, 07:12:13 PM

You must have been living under a rock in the spring of 2006.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 15, 2009, 07:12:32 PM

Gotta be thinking much like many bucc fans cyber - hoping progress comes fast - and damn it quit digging when your in a hole.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 15, 2009, 07:14:21 PM

Malcolm Glazer, you know all that money Kaka netted you? Why don't you share some of that with the Bucs and get one of the best receivers in the league to team with Freeman.

PSST - You mean Ronaldo, Chrisiano Ronaldo.  Not KaKa

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 15, 2009, 07:17:48 PM

What's it feel like to be a Denver Broncos fan right now?

Quotes from fans on a Bronco's message board (regarding the Marshall news)...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is happening to my Broncos?!?!?!?"

"I wish there was a link to the story. I mean Adam Schefter is with ESPN now, and nothing? I want to see it somewhere, before I completely meltdown."

"Josh McDaniels has completely destroyed Denver. God I really really really really really hate that guy with a passion."

"This sucks."

"It keeps getting worse everyday!!!!"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 15, 2009, 07:19:28 PM

Yeah, the prospect from the powerhouse otherwise known as UCF was much more well known than the dude coming from small-time Notre Dame.

And a lot of people on PR were calling for Stovall, he was the flavor of the month around here before draft time.
Because fans gravitate toward teams and players who are on national TV every Saturday and assume because Stovall could beat up on the DB's at Navy and Purdue he could do it in the NFL. Professional scouts are supposed to be better than that. I'll admit to not knowing much about Marshall when he was drafted, other than smoking whoever UCF played in their bowl game that year, but I knew Stovall was going to suck. It was obvious he was too slow and not sudden enough. All his catches were in traffic.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 15, 2009, 07:26:26 PM

There were quite a few folks talking up Marshall pre-draft, as he was the local boy everyone was calling "mini-TO".  Don't remember even one mention of Stovall before we turned in the card.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 15, 2009, 07:27:01 PM

hasnt marshall had more legal trouble than K2, bryant, and talib combined?

Legal trouble

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[38]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in LoDo, Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[39] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[40]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on su**CENSORED**ion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[41] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[42]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[43] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[44] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[45] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[44]
According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[46]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[47] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court. An email from Judge Mather's office to CompleteColorado.com indicated that no court date had been set, but that the date would likely be in November or December.[48]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[49] The charges were dropped the following day.[50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Legal_trouble

MBF

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 15, 2009, 07:27:13 PM

Because fans gravitate toward teams and players who are on national TV every Saturday and assume because Stovall could beat up on the DB's at Navy and Purdue he could do it in the NFL. Professional scouts are supposed to be better than that. I'll admit to not knowing much about Marshall when he was drafted, other than smoking whoever UCF played in their bowl game that year, but I knew Stovall was going to suck. It was obvious he was too slow and not sudden enough. All his catches were in traffic.
I'm not arguing that. The way people were commenting, it's as if there was a big demand on here for Marshall before the draft. There wasn't. It wasn't like Jackson or AP where you can actually say people were disappointed when we passed on them, I'm willing to bet most Buc fans didn't bat an eyelid when we passed on Marshall.

And yes, I heard those same knocks on Stovall before the draft too. I was intrigued by his talent but it didn't work out. Maybe it would've happened for him at another club, he always seemed to in Gruden's doghouse. Perhaps another team would've gotten some use out of him.

Maybe Jeff Smarwhatever WAS the better player.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 15, 2009, 07:35:21 PM

Samardzija..... i've always wanted to see what he would do in the NFL.

-------------------------------------------------------

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 15, 2009, 07:50:07 PM

And yes, I heard those same knocks on Stovall before the draft too. I was intrigued by his talent but it didn't work out. Maybe it would've happened for him at another club, he always seemed to in Gruden's doghouse. Perhaps another team would've gotten some use out of him.
I don't often blame coaches in these situations. Look at a similar player in Dwayne Jerrett who Carolina drafted. Same kind of player from a national school who was really physical with college DB's but thus far it hasn't translated to the NFL. And this is an offense which made pretty good use out of a 48-year-old Muhsin Muhammad who is the exact type of player they thought Jarrett would be.

Maybe Jeff Smarwhatever WAS the better player.
I thought they were both pretty average.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#44 : June 15, 2009, 07:50:53 PM

didnt Jeff Smarwhatever go on to pitch with the cubs? hows the doing nowaydays anyway? i used to love watching him play

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Marshall demands trade « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools