Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cost of Garcia « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: February 07, 2007, 07:03:20 PM

A story out of Minnesota speculated that the Vikings would pay Jeff Garcia in excess of $4 million for a season. Denver isn't sure what it has yet with Jay Cutler, and the Broncos are West Coast offense-oriented. Carolina might be looking to replace Jake Delhomme.
-- Philadelphia Daily News

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/06/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html?cnn=yes

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : February 07, 2007, 07:05:38 PM

Carolina might be looking to replace Jake Delhomme.

The Bucs should go after Delhomme if he's released.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 07, 2007, 07:09:59 PM

Yeah Delhomme is a bit overrated but could fit the Bucs system.  Isn't Delhomme pretty much like Plummer though? A gunslinger who makes bad decisions?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : February 07, 2007, 07:11:48 PM

Yeah Delhomme is a bit overrated but could fit the Bucs system. Isn't Delhomme pretty much like Plummer though? A gunslinger who makes bad decisions?

I don't know.  I think that Delhomme is a good quarterback, but he just had a bad year this year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 07, 2007, 07:19:31 PM

$4 million a season isn't much for Garcia if he can play all season in 2007 like he did during his starts in 2006.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 07, 2007, 07:21:11 PM

Bucs would pay him $4 mil for two years.  In this offseason thats not bad for a solid veteran backup of his caliber.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 07, 2007, 07:25:25 PM

$4 million a season isn't much for Garcia if he can play all season in 2007 like he did during his starts in 2006.
That's very reasonable for "Philly" Garcia, but for "Cleveland/Detroit" Garcia........... ugh

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 07, 2007, 07:31:18 PM

Just shows Garcia isn't going to save a bad team. But he can save a good team with an injured quarterback from going down the tubes.  Thats what we would be getting Garcia for. We would have to do other things to make this team good, but if we can do that we don't want to totally screw the pooch because Simms gets injured again.  I think we need to take out Simms appendix, tonsils and anything else he's not using just to be safe.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 07, 2007, 07:31:52 PM

I think he should be only offered that kind of loot for a starting job.  I wouldnt pay him that to come keep the bench warm.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 07, 2007, 07:39:04 PM

Just shows Garcia isn't going to save a bad team. But he can save a good team with an injured quarterback from going down the tubes. Thats what we would be getting Garcia for. We would have to do other things to make this team good, but if we can do that we don't want to totally screw the pooch because Simms gets injured again. I think we need to take out Simms appendix, tonsils and anything else he's not using just to be safe.
Well, our team was going down the tubes with our starter.

It's gonna take a lot more than Jeff freaking Garcia to right this ship.....

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 07, 2007, 10:33:58 PM

Yeah and so what does that have to do with whether we sign Garcia or not?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 07, 2007, 10:43:26 PM

Garcia at 4 mill a year is steep, IMO.

Maybe he is worth 2, 2.5 a year, and that is with the option to release after one year...

He should get incentives laid out if he becomes a Buc.  Why overpay for a guy who has proven he can win in a big-league program, a big-league offense I should say.  He has shown he is a dud in crappy systems, a la Tampa.  If he gets his numbers, he gets paid.  If not, it is a base salary.  Just my .02...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : February 07, 2007, 10:45:11 PM

I don't want Garcia here, he is a quick fix not a long term option. We had a quick fix and we don't need that again.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 07, 2007, 10:47:40 PM

4 million for one year, I'd do it in a heartbeat...  bring him in, make him the starter and see what happens...  Maybe Simms could learn a thing or 2 from him...

I'm on the "sign Garcia" train...

toot toot!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 07, 2007, 10:49:11 PM

4 million for one year, I'd do it in a heartbeat... bring him in, make him the starter and see what happens... Maybe Simms could learn a thing or 2 from him...

I'm on the "sign Garcia" train...

toot toot!
toot toot indeed...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cost of Garcia « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools