Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scouts updated player rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucologist

Second String
« #15 : February 08, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »

What about taking a CJ or JT with the first pick if available then drafting a Troy Smith with our first pick in the second?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : February 08, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »

Dal,
What happened to Jamarcus Russell?  Don't they think he is a round 1 talent?

They've got some juniors in but not Russell is not rated all.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
« #17 : February 08, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »

Dal,
What happened to Jamarcus Russell? Don't they think he is a round 1 talent?

They've got some juniors in but not Russell is not rated all.
That's strange since he is supposed to be the possible #1 pick by the Raiders.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 08, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »

While they don't have an individual grade on him they have him as their 4th rated overall player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
« #19 : February 08, 2007, 10:03:46 AM »

While they don't have an individual grade on him they have him as their 4th rated overall player.
thanks

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

marlevr

Second String
« #20 : February 08, 2007, 11:22:36 AM »

What about taking a CJ or JT with the first pick if available then drafting a Troy Smith with our first pick in the second?

Say no to Troy Smith, plus, he may fall a lot further than the 2nd round.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

« #21 : February 08, 2007, 12:20:55 PM »

I think we should move down and pick up Brad Quinn or Amobi Okoye  If there!!!  If not then trade down again and get Adam Carriker   Then you have four second round picks. There is a lot of great players down in the second round.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #22 : February 08, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »

I know this sounds crazy to alot of you naysayers but I think Simms still could turn out to be a good QB. But he seems like he needs to have alot of weapons around him to be a success. So draft the best player in the draft Calvin Johnson then concentrate on the defense with the 2nd round and free agency.

What Simms is lacking isn't guys around him.  He should look better than he did by now.  His issues are all mental ones.  Some guys slowly get better each year, some guys don't, but then suddenly "get it" all at once.  Since Simms hasn't been getting better all that fast, let's hope he gets it before TC.  If he does, he'll be one helluva dangerous guy.  Personally, I see him blooming very late in his carreer, not anytime soon.
CJ wouldn't make a big difference to Simms, it wasn't the recievers.  If Thomas is gone, and CJ is there, and the FO thinks he's a once a decade pick, then you pick him, cuz that ain't coming around soon again.  Else you work whatever you can to trade down and go DL.  But you don't pick him just to help Simms.  I'd be extremely happy if we pulled 3 good linemen(DL or OL) from our top 3 (assuming none in FA).  The lines really need to be the priority.  We could use C and LT, and another Guard (beunning hurt, Terry leaving or useless).  We need a UT desparately, and I'd lose Rice for a younger Stud while we can.  Fill these how we can.  Then look at SS.  Then FB.  I might start looking WR after that, but it's low on the list
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scouts updated player rankings « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools