Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STALLWORTH GETS 30 DAYS??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

docbravo

Pro Bowler

: June 16, 2009, 12:32:12 PM

OK, put me in the category that "JUST DOESN'T GET IT!"

Mike Vick killed some dogs and gets 2 years..... Stallworth gets liquored up and kills a family man coming home from work and he gets 30 days???
WOW, just, WOW!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4262751

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 16, 2009, 12:35:32 PM

Mike Vick killed some dogs and gets 2 years..... Stallworth gets liquored up and kills a family man coming home from work and he gets 30 days???
WOW, just, WOW!

Leonard Little the same.

I agree with you.  It is indeed a shame, and PETA should go and protest THESE dudes before Michael Vick.  PETA makes me sick...

Radical fools.

doclobster

Practice Squad

#2 : June 16, 2009, 12:36:37 PM

Michael Vick had an organized criminal enterprise. Stallworth had a stupid lapse of judgment.  End result may seem to indicate Stallworth's was worse, but in the end, they may have had a problem actually convicting him of DUI manslaughter and couldn't have proved that the accident never would have occurred in he had not been drinking.  I am not trying to condemn the victim here, but people are too often quick to absolve pedestrians of any wrong-doing.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 16, 2009, 12:38:02 PM

You're right, you don't get it.

Vick wasn't imprisoned for killing dogs.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#4 : June 16, 2009, 12:45:30 PM

Michael Vick had an organized criminal enterprise. Stallworth had a stupid lapse of judgment. �End result may seem to indicate Stallworth's was worse, but in the end, they may have had a problem actually convicting him of DUI manslaughter and couldn't have proved that the accident never would have occurred in he had not been drinking. �I am not trying to condemn the victim here, but people are too often quick to absolve pedestrians of any wrong-doing.

Organized Criminal Enterprise? Is that what we are calling a gambling ring? Cancel Poker night boys, wouldn't wanna get busted for running an "Organized Criminal Enterprise!"

The pedestrian's wrong doing consisted of Jay-Walking (Punishable by Death apparently.....). Stallworth made a conscious decision to get being the wheel of his Bentley and drive under the influence. IMO, Stallworth is a great risk to society than Vick.  30 days is a slap on the wrist for him, and a Slap in the face to the victims family.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#5 : June 16, 2009, 12:49:04 PM

Thanks for enlightening me..... ::)
The value of a human life is diminished daily. As much as I love this country, I sure don't agree with the "system" most of the time.

doclobster

Practice Squad

#6 : June 16, 2009, 12:50:06 PM

Michael Vick had an organized criminal enterprise. Stallworth had a stupid lapse of judgment. �End result may seem to indicate Stallworth's was worse, but in the end, they may have had a problem actually convicting him of DUI manslaughter and couldn't have proved that the accident never would have occurred in he had not been drinking. �I am not trying to condemn the victim here, but people are too often quick to absolve pedestrians of any wrong-doing.

Organized Criminal Enterprise? Is that what we are calling a gambling ring? Cancel Poker night boys, wouldn't wanna get busted for running an "Organized Criminal Enterprise!"

The pedestrian's wrong doing consisted of Jay-Walking (Punishable by Death apparently.....). Stallworth made a conscious decision to get being the wheel of his Bentley and drive under the influence. IMO, Stallworth is a great risk to society than Vick.  30 days is a slap on the wrist for him, and a Slap in the face to the victims family.

Wow, how are you not in the law profession? You are doing this country a disservice, sir. Additionally, the plea deal probably would not have gone through if the victim's family had not been OK with the huge windfall settlement they received.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 16, 2009, 12:52:54 PM

Stallworth blew a .126.  The legal limit is .08.  They say that a beer will raise your alcohol content .02.  So he basically had 2 beers over the legal limit and you want the guy to go away for a long time?

30 days seems short, I will agree, but the supposed 15 years would have been a bit extreme.  It was dumb on Stallworths part to be drinking and driving, but he was 2 beers over the legal limit.  Couple that with the fact that he’s giving the family 2-5 million and I’m sure they are ok with him being out in 30 days.  Plus, that jogger shouldn’t have been jay walking.  You could hit people jay walking when you’re sober….would you go to jail for that?  So this guy essentially was illegal for 2 beers and we want to put him away for 15 years?

Yes. 30 days is a bit short, should have been more, maybe 1 year…but I guess considering hes giving the family 2-5 million, they shortened his sentence.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#8 : June 16, 2009, 12:55:31 PM

The pedestrian's wrong doing consisted of Jay-Walking (Punishable by Death apparently.....). Stallworth made a conscious decision to get being the wheel of his Bentley and drive under the influence. IMO, Stallworth is a great risk to society than Vick. �30 days is a slap on the wrist for him, and a Slap in the face to the victims family.

Wow, how are you not in the law profession? You are doing this country a disservice, sir. Additionally, the plea deal probably would not have gone through if the victim's family had not been OK with the huge windfall settlement they received.

All jokes aside, I find this very disturbing and I feel bad for the victim's family.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 16, 2009, 12:56:42 PM

Stallworth made a mistake in judgment ONE NIGHT.
Vick made mistakes in judgment for SIX YEARS.

There's your difference.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 16, 2009, 01:01:13 PM

Don't waste your time, Biggs.

People don't want to get it.  They just want to complain about someone getting 2 years for killing dogs... even though that wasn't what he was convicted for.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 16, 2009, 01:04:39 PM

WOW, just, WOW!

Leonard Little the same.

I agree with you.  It is indeed a shame, and PETA should go and protest THESE dudes before Michael Vick.  PETA makes me sick...

Radical fools.

Sorry but there's a big difference in my mind between INTENTIONALLY breeding and training dogs to kill one another while getting a thrill out of it for amusement and having an illegal gambling ring AND being at the wrong place at the wrong time with a few beers still left in your system when some crazy fool decides to take a stroll in the middle of a freeway.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#12 : June 16, 2009, 01:07:48 PM

Stallworth blew a .126. �The legal limit is .08. �They say that a beer will raise your alcohol content .02. �So he basically had 2 beers over the legal limit and you want the guy to go away for a long time?

30 days seems short, I will agree, but the supposed 15 years would have been a bit extreme. �It was dumb on Stallworths part to be drinking and driving, but he was 2 beers over the legal limit. �Couple that with the fact that he�s giving the family 2-5 million and I�m sure they are ok with him being out in 30 days. �Plus, that jogger shouldn�t have been jay walking. �You could hit people jay walking when you�re sober�.would you go to jail for that? �So this guy essentially was illegal for 2 beers and we want to put him away for 15 years?

Yes. 30 days is a bit short, should have been more, maybe 1 year�but I guess considering hes giving the family 2-5 million, they shortened his sentence.

30 days and 15 years is a HUUUUUGE Difference. I'm not sure what a "suitable" punishment would have been, but 30 days is ridiculous IMO. Also, to say that the guy was only 2 beers over the limit has little relevance. We don't know exactly what he was drinking, how fast he was drinking them, or how soon he left the bar after drinking. We also don't know how much he had sobered up by the time the BAC test was obtained. True, we can all have an accident, and hit someone while we are sober, but alcohol reduces reaction time, and Alcohol makes this a crime, not an accident.

And the idea that throwing money at a problem reduces your responsibility further sickens me. What if he wasn't Donte Stallworth, and didn't have "2-5 Million" to give to the family? Would that make him more guilty, and deserving of greater than 30 days?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#13 : June 16, 2009, 01:14:11 PM

WOW, just, WOW!

Leonard Little the same.

I agree with you.  It is indeed a shame, and PETA should go and protest THESE dudes before Michael Vick.  PETA makes me sick...

Radical fools.

Sorry but there's a big difference in my mind between INTENTIONALLY breeding and training dogs to kill one another while getting a thrill out of it for amusement and having an illegal gambling ring AND being at the wrong place at the wrong time with a few beers still left in your system when some crazy fool decides to take a stroll in the middle of a freeway.

"...wrong place at the wrong time with a few beers still left in your system when some crazy fool decides to take a stroll in the middle of a freeway."????
Wow. The guys was running to catch a bus, after work. (And he's the crazy fool?) So you are saying Stallworth was in the "wrong place at the wrong time?" Really?  OOOOOO-KAY!

Stallworth made a mistake in judgment ONE NIGHT.
Vick made mistakes in judgment for SIX YEARS.

There's your difference.

OK, so Gambling Ring > Human Life???

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 16, 2009, 01:16:12 PM

It wasn't a jogger jay walking. The guy tried to dart across a FREEWAY. Have you ever driven on a  Miami freeway? There was mutual negligence in my opinion. If Stallworth with his excessive BAC didn't hit him, some 80-year-old in a Cadillac with cataracts would have.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STALLWORTH GETS 30 DAYS??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools