Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STALLWORTH GETS 30 DAYS??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 16, 2009, 01:23:38 PM

There is a huge line between a mistake and malice. Vick is a evil person.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 16, 2009, 01:24:33 PM

Stallworth blew a .126. �The legal limit is .08. �They say that a beer will raise your alcohol content .02. �So he basically had 2 beers over the legal limit and you want the guy to go away for a long time?

Say it with me, he killed someone. I'd think 30 days for that is a wee bit on the slight side.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 16, 2009, 01:25:33 PM

Stallworth blew a .126. �The legal limit is .08. �They say that a beer will raise your alcohol content .02. �So he basically had 2 beers over the legal limit and you want the guy to go away for a long time?

Say it with me, he killed someone. I'd think 30 days for that is a wee bit on the slight side.

Guy is accountable for his own death. Cant play frogger on Miami freeway.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 16, 2009, 01:26:22 PM

Should be interesting to see how Godell handles this one...obviously the courts messed it up! [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 16, 2009, 01:26:33 PM

Sorry but there's a big difference in my mind between INTENTIONALLY breeding and training dogs to kill one another while getting a thrill out of it for amusement and having an illegal gambling ring AND being at the wrong place at the wrong time with a few beers still left in your system when some crazy fool decides to take a stroll in the middle of a freeway.

The guy is drunk and made the choice to get in the car knowing that the likely outcome is dangerous. Same theory as shooting a gun up into the air. You might not intend to kill someone but when gravity takes over you don't skate the consequences of your crappy decision.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 16, 2009, 01:27:35 PM

...and she was wearing a short skirt
...and he shouldn't have been out walking his dog at 2:00am in THAT neighborhood.

Your opinion is about as stupid as Stallworth is.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 16, 2009, 01:29:23 PM

...and she was wearing a short skirt
...and he shouldn't have been out walking his dog at 2:00am in THAT neighborhood.

Your opinion is about as stupid as Stallworth is.

My cousin killed a bum running out onto US-41 a few years ago. He ran out into traffic and there wasnt anything he could do. He hadnt had a few drinks like Stallworth and was definetly cleared of any wrong doing, but I can tell you a first hand account of this situation.

Bigpapi

Starter

#22 : June 16, 2009, 01:30:08 PM

Obviously you feel bad for the family, but they are along for the ride helping to push for a quick resolution.  This usually stems from a cash resolution in which the family will not come after Stallworth in Civil.

The real crime in all of this is that Plaxico Burress is about to face a 3 year MANDATORY imprisonment for shooting HIMSELF in the leg.  You wanna talk about lapse in the system......

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 16, 2009, 01:30:29 PM

I think you forgot the 1000 Hours of community service and 10 years probation.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 16, 2009, 01:36:47 PM

My cousin killed a bum running out onto US-41 a few years ago. He ran out into traffic and there wasnt anything he could do. He hadnt had a few drinks like Stallworth and was definetly cleared of any wrong doing, but I can tell you a first hand account of this situation.

...and this has what to do with the price of tea in China?

Stallworth had, by his own admission, time to flash his lights at Reyes. In other words, he had time to react. We also know that Reyes wasn't in a crosswalk but he was where there was a crosswalk. He wasn't just crossing into the middle of a freeway where you would have NO thought a pedestrian might sanely be.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 16, 2009, 01:37:46 PM

30 days is nuts.  Not comparing to anything else - it is nuts.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 16, 2009, 01:38:16 PM

The really stupid thing in all this, and god bless lawyers for their ability to twist and turn like this, is that because he pleads guilty he's not "convicted" of a crime and the law only says that a "conviction" results in a mandatory sentence not being guilty of the crime. Talk about weasel.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 16, 2009, 01:39:24 PM

...and this has what to do with the price of tea in China?

Stallworth had, by his own admission, time to flash his lights at Reyes. In other words, he had time to react. We also know that Reyes wasn't in a crosswalk but he was where there was a crosswalk. He wasn't just crossing into the middle of a freeway where you would have NO thought a pedestrian might sanely be.

I dont think anyone knows how this went down. But to say he deserves more than Vick I just dont agree with. I'm much more worried about a malicious person like Vick let back into society than a guy like Stallworth.

BuccaneerBrandon

Second String

#28 : June 16, 2009, 01:46:17 PM

Humans and dogs are the exact same. We are all forms of mammals. We just happen to be more advanced than any other creature on the planet. Some people around here seem to forget that.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#29 : June 16, 2009, 01:48:46 PM

Obviously you feel bad for the family, but they are along for the ride helping to push for a quick resolution. �This usually stems from a cash resolution in which the family will not come after Stallworth in Civil.

The real crime in all of this is that Plaxico Burress is about to face a 3 year MANDATORY imprisonment for shooting HIMSELF in the leg. �You wanna talk about lapse in the system......

I think you maybe right about the family wanting to get this over. And I'm sure the money helped, I'm not debating that either. The Plax case is another one that I'll never understand.

I think you forgot the 1000 Hours of community service and 10 years probation.

Community Service = Lectures to Kids about not drinking and driving (I think the NFL has a program for that called the UNITED WAY)
10 years probation= Living life as a law abiding citizen (I think that shouldn't be too hard) Prolly should start by not leaving the bar at 7 in the morning.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STALLWORTH GETS 30 DAYS??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools