Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ZUTTAH IS STARTING LEFT GUARD FOR 2009, SEARS MAY NOT BE BACK FOR CAMP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DailyRich68

Starter
: June 17, 2009, 10:07:01 AM

I feel more for Carnell than I do Sears to be honest with you. 

carnell was an issue that was obvious.  Sears could be suffering from laziness for all we know...

Well aren't you Mr. Sympathetic.  The obvious concern everyone around the Bucs organization is showing over this situation indicates that it's much more serious than him just being lazy.  Sorry if his efforts to get his life on track interfere with your enjoyment of a game.

Sears, get well.  And come back TOMORROW. 

Yeah, get well on Boid Fink's schedule or else.

Tell me, who's letting the team and fans down more -- Aaron Sears, who's out because he's dealing with what his own team says are serious personal issues, or Barrett Ruud, who's missed the installation of his team's new defense solely because he wants more money?

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 16, 2009, 07:57:35 PM

“He has been in the voluntary (OTAs),” Morris said of Zuttah starting at left guard. “I go out there every day and I see at (left) guard and it’s Jeremy Zuttah. That’s the guy that is starting for us right now. That’s the guy in that role. That’s his job to go out and assume and take.”

When asked if Sears would be ready to go for training camp, Morris didn't seem sure.

“I can’t answer that question being that it’s a private matter,” Morris said. “I’m just hopeful and I’m concerned.”

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/5519

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 16, 2009, 09:36:26 PM

Damn Arron.  Way to let us down...

Ah well.  On to the next day.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#3 : June 16, 2009, 09:44:03 PM

Good thing we drafted Zuttah last year. At the time it wasnt an area of need. It sure is now after Sears is dealing with whatever he is dealing with.

BuccaneerBrandon

Second String

#4 : June 16, 2009, 09:46:23 PM

Let us down? His life is more important than a meaningless game.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 16, 2009, 10:01:28 PM

His life should be ahead of everything

But to call it a meaningless game when in fact the game is his life, is calling his life meaningless

The Q

Pro Bowler

#6 : June 16, 2009, 10:51:54 PM

The BUCS are paying Mahan an awful chunk of money to stand around and watch somebody else take the Left Guard spot.
Just saying, that Mahan is making starter money plus and he ain't starting.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 16, 2009, 10:59:29 PM

Damn Arron. Way to let us down...

Ah well. On to the next day.

Meaningless?

You gotta be kidding me. 

Look man, as a fan, I want to see the best product out there.  Sure it sucks he is having issues, whatever they may be, but the fact is I WANT TO SEE HIM PLAYING.  You would almost think that football would be a great release for stressors in life, but diff strokes, diff folks, right?

Anyway, if the game is meaningless, why is he making more money than most of us will ever even sniff (combined), and has set himself up to take care of his posterity for many generations? 

He let us down.  But I want to see him attending to his private matter, and getting over it as soon as possible.  For selfish reasons, sure.  I'll admit it.  But that is as close as most of us get to these guys...by watching them play on Sunday.

Get well Arron, but get back THIS WEEK.  The Bucs, and I as a fan, need ya.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 16, 2009, 11:49:41 PM

How has he let "us" down?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 16, 2009, 11:51:37 PM

Is he available for PT?

If not, he let us down.

Hope he gets better, but is it not a let down?  to not see your starting Guard playing ball on Sunday?

Sheesh.  Why not try and be honest sometimes.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 16, 2009, 11:53:12 PM

Is he available for PT?

If not, he let us down.

Hope he gets better, but is it not a let down?  to not see your starting Guard playing ball on Sunday?

Sheesh.  Why not try and be honest sometimes.

If he tore a knee up and was IR'd would you say he let "us" down?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 16, 2009, 11:53:45 PM

I agree it's a meaningless game and all he should be worrying about is getting better.

Why does he make so much money? Because we keep paying high prices for tickets and we buy stuff that advertisers sell.

BTW, I love this meaningless game.

Not a let down at all.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 17, 2009, 12:00:33 AM

Is he available for PT?

If not, he let us down.

Hope he gets better, but is it not a let down? to not see your starting Guard playing ball on Sunday?

Sheesh. Why not try and be honest sometimes.

If he tore a knee up and was IR'd would you say he let "us" down?
Well at that point, I would say it sucks, because it was part and parcel to the game...something defineable.

At this point, we know nothing.  So by not being there, he is letting US down.  Even if he tore a knee, it would be a let down.  Yes?

Give it a rest.  Stop arguing semantics, and just admit it is crappy that he is not there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 17, 2009, 12:01:10 AM

I agree it's a meaningless game and all he should be worrying about is getting better.

Why does he make so much money? Because we keep paying high prices for tickets and we buy stuff that advertisers sell.

Not a let down at all.

HA HA HA!!

Eggzactly man...eggzactly.

Some do not get it.

BuccaneerBrandon

Second String

#14 : June 17, 2009, 12:07:00 AM

Not a let down at all.

I love this game as well, but when push comes to shove, it is meaningless. Family and yourself comes before all. Everything else is expendable. If you put this game before those you have some serious problems.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ZUTTAH IS STARTING LEFT GUARD FOR 2009, SEARS MAY NOT BE BACK FOR CAMP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools