Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Article On Alstott's Possible Return « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 07, 2007, 11:11:37 PM

Since when do the Bucs line up Mike Alstott single back?  It does not happen anymore.  So my point stands.

Get beefier up front, lift weights, open holes, maul people, let Mike get in a chip on a LBer, and Caddy gets his five, six yards...

#31 : February 07, 2007, 11:16:31 PM

Since when do the Bucs line up Mike Alstott single back? It does not happen anymore. So my point stands.

Get beefier up front, lift weights, open holes, maul people, let Mike get in a chip on a LBer, and Caddy gets his five, six yards...
Your point doesn't stand, why would you line a back up who is going up the gut without anyone lead blocking for him, Cook got the initial defender coming over the top, Alstott took care of the other 3.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 07, 2007, 11:20:04 PM

RJ, you said line up Alstott SINGLE BACK.  The Bucs never do that with A-Plane back there.  Ever.

Why would they?  My point DOES indeed stand.  Go back and re-read your argument.

And then re-read mine.

You will see what I am bringing.

#33 : February 07, 2007, 11:22:04 PM

RJ, you said line up Alstott SINGLE BACK. The Bucs never do that with A-Plane back there. Ever.

Why would they? My point DOES indeed stand. Go back and re-read your argument.

And then re-read mine.

You will see what I am bringing.
Ah I gotcha, I misread the part where you said interior....

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 07, 2007, 11:24:12 PM

Yeah because last time I checked Tonio Fonuti made the Pro-Bowl, wait not he did not do that, he was All-Pro, no he did not do that also, start 16 games - sorry no he did not do that also - wait did he even play ANY games this year.  Boid you are cool and everything but keeping Fonoti made no sense as he did not MAKE the team.

Secondly, screw Alstott as this is BS that he waits all year and then comes in with this crap of well I want to play one more year.  I for one hope we do not offer him a contract as I am tired of all this Give Mike The Ball crap and he does not even deserve to be the starter on this team.  He is a token player and one of the only reasons why he has not been let go is because of PR.

#35 : February 07, 2007, 11:27:32 PM

AS long as Mike is given a small deal, for another 1 year term, I would not mind.

I do not think he is without his uses...

I loved Alstott and all that he's brought to the organization but i'm for him moving on. I want a real fb blocking for our rb.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 07, 2007, 11:34:11 PM

Yeah because last time I checked Tonio Fonuti made the Pro-Bowl, wait not he did not do that, he was All-Pro, no he did not do that also, start 16 games - sorry no he did not do that also - wait did he even play ANY games this year.  Boid you are cool and everything but keeping Fonoti made no sense as he did not MAKE the team.

Secondly, screw Alstott as this is BS that he waits all year and then comes in with this crap of well I want to play one more year. I for one hope we do not offer him a contract as I am tired of all this Give Mike The Ball crap and he does not even deserve to be the starter on this team. He is a token player and one of the only reasons why he has not been let go is because of PR.
The point is, would it have hurt to put in a guy that big and strong (Fonoti) on 3rd and 1 to push the pile?  I am not saying put him in every down, but the man had his uses, espescially considering the lack of push the line got this year.  That is all. 

And Alstott and his "Give Mike the Ball" foundation does not apply.  I could care less about that.  But FB is not aproblem.

You want a problem?  Here it is:

Clayton, Galloway, Stovall, Hilliard, Boston.

More?  How about Haye, Spires, White, Hovan, Rice (not really a problem yet), Wyms.

Not enough?  How about Phillips and Allen.  Or maybe Buenning, Davis, Mahan, Wade, errr...Terry.

Grads and Rattay?  Simms and ...

Alstott is not aproblem, but he did have some nice moments for the offense, unlike a lot of the guys.  He has a use ion the offense, he can lead, he can rile up a huddle with his stomping on the chest runs over guys like Springs, his TD in Dallas...FB is not an issue.  Resign the guy, he has more uses than detriments.  Ignore the rejects who say "Give him the ball 15 times a game!"  That era is over.  He knows it, we know it, Gruden knows it.  BUt he can still make a play or two, and that is enough out of the FB position.  FB is not aproblem.

If he wants one more year, give it to him.  Sheesh.  He is NOT a problem.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 07, 2007, 11:38:36 PM

nor is he a STRENGTH so why waste money on a player that is not going to improve us?  If he walked today would we be worse?? NO

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 07, 2007, 11:40:50 PM

nor is he a STRENGTH so why waste money on a player that is not going to improve us? If he walked today would we be worse?? NO
Like I said, he has his uses.  Heis a leader.  He can bring it from time to time.  He is not needed every down, and he isn't going to dent the cap.  He has usefullness, and he is still a legit FB in the NFL.  How many FBs, aside from a certain FB in San Diego, are impact guys?  Alstott is a short yardage grinder, and he does more to help than hurt.

Keep him.

Just my opinion. 

If he goes, oh well.  Just saying he doesn't hurt the team at all.  And if you are the Glazers, you know what he does to the general crowd...which equals cha-ching!

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 07, 2007, 11:44:52 PM

I hated to see Mike go out with such a lousy game against Seattle, but do we need to see another year of that?  And all the yahoos screaming for him to get the ball every play?

I have had enough of the A-Train personally.

#40 : February 07, 2007, 11:46:12 PM

I hated to see Mike go out with such a lousy game against Seattle, but do we need to see another year of that? And all the yahoos screaming for him to get the ball every play?

I've had enough of his posse....the majority of whom hate Gruden, coincidence? Not likely.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#41 : February 07, 2007, 11:55:55 PM

Here's another piece of information on Alstott's possible return.

Buccaneers | Alstott strongly considering to return for 2007 season
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:04:58 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers FB Mike Alstott is giving serious consideration to returning for the 2007 season, according to a source close to Alstott. Alstott's contract has expired and he will be an unrestricted free agent.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#42 : February 08, 2007, 12:03:29 AM

I hated to see Mike go out with such a lousy game against Seattle, but do we need to see another year of that? And all the yahoos screaming for him to get the ball every play?

That is so ridiculous.  Nobody said give it to him every play.  But if he gets it, trucks a guy & gets 10-12 yds, why the hell would you never give it to him again?

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 08, 2007, 12:22:37 AM

That is so ridiculous. Nobody said give it to him every play. But if he gets it, trucks a guy & gets 10-12 yds, why the hell would you never give it to him again?

Because he will fail the next time.  He is only effective when he gets the ball and the defense isn't expecting it.

When Sam Mack runs for 10-12 yards the Seahawks don't give him the ball 30 more times, they keep feeding it to their feature back, Shaun Alexander.

Mike Pittman has more of a case than Mike Alstott does to get more carries, but I don't hear anyone screaming for him to get the ball more.  I guarantee you if Mike Pittman was white and Mike Alstott was black the fans would love Mike Pittman and Alstott would be an afterthought.

Its stupid.  Mike Alstott is one of the most overrated players in NFL history, yet there are people in this town that actually think he is a HOF'er.  It is ridiculous and embarrasing for our fan base.

And Mike would have a lot more touches if he just caught the damn ball.   I think he averaged about 2 dropped passes a game on those dump offs to the flat where he was wide open.  Pittman has great hands and practically never drops the ball.  Yet he just keeps on plugging along, accepting his role, taking a paycut, and getting virtually no love from the fans.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 08, 2007, 12:34:47 AM

Not a good post JD.  Not at all.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Article On Alstott's Possible Return « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools