Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Carlson Analyzes The Quarterbacks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#30 : June 18, 2009, 04:20:16 PM

Tell me how it affects him. His sack rate is much, MUCH lower than LM. BL is a mediocre QB but the thing people bag on him for have little or nothing to do with why he's so mediocre.

That's true, when he kind of gets to that last step in his drop he uses the time after that on throwing motion. No time for moving around in the pocket.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 18, 2009, 04:21:28 PM

That's what Leftowich's mobility reminds me of...pudding.

Tell me how it affects him. His sack rate is much, MUCH lower than LM. BL is a mediocre QB but the thing people bag on him for have little or nothing to do with why he's so mediocre.

Luke McCown's sack rate is statistically incomplete, just not enough games to tell. But compared to most QBs Lefty's sack rate is median average. The problem is he doesn't have that ability to turn a busted play into something by scrambling for time or tucking it in and running it. Also on roll outs and bootlegs, well just don't even put those in his playbook.

It is the lack of mobility on top of his really slow windup/delivery and from what I've read it sounds like both have gotten slower.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 18, 2009, 05:04:45 PM

This is shocking news....you mean MCCLOWN and LEFTY both are backup quality?  It's what i've been saying all offseason, glad some of you stopped drinking the koolaid!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

The Q

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 18, 2009, 05:11:32 PM

The Rams went into the 99 season with just 3 wins between their active QBs.
13-3 and a Super Bowl later that group didn't look all that bad.

Yeah, but the Rams had a GREAT COACH in Vermeil and MARSHALL FAULK. Enough said.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

jcdoll

Starter

#34 : June 18, 2009, 05:46:09 PM

Now I hope the homers realize why some people think 3-13 is a possibility....no QB = no wins in this league

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 18, 2009, 05:53:57 PM

Now I hope the homers realize why some people think 3-13 is a possibility....no QB = no wins in this league

we were shown last year that a first round QB can win ball games.
leftwich has shown us throughout his career that his is an above .500 QB.
mccown has shown flashes of positive and negative in limited reps.

seems to me we've got a few options.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 18, 2009, 06:05:47 PM

So we should drawl a conclusion based on an ex-player who watched practice for one day and who was arguable worse then the quarterbacks we have in camp today. Like I have said before will wait and see what transpires throughout training camp and the  season before I come to an uneducated conclusion based on nothing.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 18, 2009, 06:10:05 PM

and who was arguable worse then the quarterbacks we have in camp today.

...but in the great rating of QB's he was a better pro QB than almost anyone else you have read commenting on these QB's. I've checked for SR's professional stats and can't seem to find all his Pro Bowl rings. Seriously, this line of "reasoning" never made sense. So what if player X was a bad payer. Some guys can't cut it physically but are smart enough to coach and recognize talent. Most coaches are basically failed players.

Ben Rothlisberger is a good QB but I wouldn't trust him to understand the game as a much as a second rate college QB like Gruden for example.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 18, 2009, 06:24:37 PM

Wait did Jeff Carlson just flat out say that Griese is better than Leftwich?  Is he serious?  Griese isn't mobile, has a weaker arm, but at least has a slightly faster release?  Excuse me since when did Jeff Carlson have to go the route of shock journalism? *sigh*

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 19, 2009, 12:02:50 AM

Having worked at one of Jeff's camps back in 2001-2002 and the fact he is a neighbor of mine I can tell you this, that sometimes he is dead on with his comments and opinions but alot of times he doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to quarterbacking.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 19, 2009, 12:24:29 AM

Wait did Jeff Carlson just flat out say that Griese is better than Leftwich? 

Anyone who has ever seen the two QB's play already knew that.   Leftwich is not as good as Griese.  Period.  Griese is the best QB on the current roster.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 19, 2009, 12:27:50 AM

Wait did Jeff Carlson just flat out say that Griese is better than Leftwich??

Anyone who has ever seen the two QB's play already knew that. Leftwich is not as good as Griese. Period. Griese is the best QB on the current roster.

I hope you're joking Java, because I think there are guys on here who could probably play better QB than Griese right now.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 19, 2009, 12:33:48 AM

I'm not joking.  Griese is the best they have.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 19, 2009, 12:37:09 AM

I'm not joking. Griese is the best they have.

Yeah and Kenyatta Walker should still be a starter here too over anyone we've got.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 19, 2009, 12:40:08 AM

Kenyatta Walker was terrible.  Trueblood is far better than him.   Griese is the best QB on this roster.   I'm not saying that's a great thing though, look at the QB's on the roster.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Carlson Analyzes The Quarterbacks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools