Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Carlson Analyzes The Quarterbacks « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#75 : June 20, 2009, 04:30:32 AM

So if some guy bought a team and hired his son who was currently a bartender as head coach, that would be equal in your eyes to hiring someone who had been a coordinator in the NFL for 5 years since they both got the same type of job?     

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#76 : June 20, 2009, 05:10:56 AM

So if some guy bought a team and hired his son who was currently a bartender as head coach, that would be equal in your eyes to hiring someone who had been a coordinator in the NFL for 5 years since they both got the same type of job?     
Way to take it to the extreme.
Is Morris related to the Glazers in anyway or was he actually  employed by them?
Was Morris a bartender or was he already a coach that had been interviewed already regarding being a HC in the league?
Has Morris been coaching since 1998 (including time as a defensive co ordinator) or is he just some rich punk whos told daddy he would like to coach an NFL team?
Did the Glazers just buy the team or do they have a history of hiring coaches like Dungy & Gruden?
Do you have such a mancrush on Gruden that it causes you to make retarded statements or are any of you points actually valid?
Is Morris a "homegrown talent" that the team actually knows or some guy that was handed the keys to one of the most potent offense in the league thus boosting his name value?
Does Morris come from a system that has produced some good coaches in the recent past like Tomlin and Smith or does he come from one where they all turn out lousy HCs, like Mangini, Weiss & Crennell?

Could the team have handled the hiring better? Sure they could.
Is Morris a good or bad head coach? NOBODY (including Morris himself) knows that at this point.
The guy is no more or less deserving of a shot at head coaching than McDaniels or many other who keep getting shots so how about putting aside the love of Gruden and at least supporting the new guy, afterall it's not his fault Gruden is gone (pin that on the Glazers) so why hate him? Lets be honest this in;t anywhere close to being as bad as firing a HC that went 14-2 only to hire a guy like Norv Turner who was 24 games under .500 with 2 previous teams, at least we are going with an unknown instead of a retread. What happens if Morris is everything you expect him not to be and he somehow brings multiple Super Bowls (hypothetical) to Tampa, do you still hate him then because he's not Gruden or do you get on board with the other bandwagoners? Just give the guy a chance before judging him.

BTW the league wouldn't allow your senario to happen so it's a moot point.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#77 : June 20, 2009, 09:02:19 AM

The guy is no more or less deserving of a shot at head coaching than McDaniels or many other who keep getting shots

I don't really agree with that.
What a shocker, I doubt anyone saw that coming.
I bet if I proclaimed the Morris will bring about the end of the world you would be behind that statement 100%.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#78 : June 20, 2009, 09:15:18 AM

Yes, I would take McDaniels over Morris.

why?  just because the simple fact he can put OC on his resume?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#79 : June 20, 2009, 09:21:22 AM

Yes, I would take McDaniels over Morris.

why?  just because the simple fact he can put OC on his resume?

Yep.   And he was quite successful at it as well.   Morris can't make the same claim.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#80 : June 20, 2009, 09:22:50 AM

I bet if I proclaimed the Morris will bring about the end of the world you would be behind that statement 100%.

Why would Raw have anything to do with the end of the world?   Maybe the end of the Bucs, but not the world.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#81 : June 20, 2009, 09:24:03 AM

Yep.   And he was quite successful at it as well.   Morris can't make the same claim.

luckily for us there is more to being a HC than just coordinating an already made offense.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#82 : June 20, 2009, 09:25:12 AM

He was about to become a defensive coordinator for an already made defense.   Just didn't get the chance.   

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#83 : June 20, 2009, 12:56:19 PM

It is way too early to get our panties in a wad !!!!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#84 : June 22, 2009, 09:31:07 AM

First round Qbs who leave their jr. year do not have the same chance as first round seniors in playing in nfl first year.   I don't see Lefty leaving no matter how bad.  He's the only one with experience.  That puts JJ on the fence.  Hope he stays here since we paid and trained him for several years now.

Also, isn't Olson the QB coach and isn't he supposed to be pretty good.  And doesn't he mentor Freeman or are you referring to a deeper relationship as from one vet winning QB to a rookie?

Bucs2theSB

Practice Squad

#85 : June 23, 2009, 02:57:17 AM

So we should drawl a conclusion based on an ex-player who watched practice for one day and who was arguable worse then the quarterbacks we have in camp today. Like I have said before will wait and see what transpires throughout training camp and the  season before I come to an uneducated conclusion based on nothing.

"drawl"....LOL
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Carlson Analyzes The Quarterbacks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools