Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Brooks were to return... « previous next »
Page: 1

calibucfan15

Starter

: June 18, 2009, 02:02:31 PM

I'm not advocating bringing him back...I'm saying what your saying....let him go. I'm pretty sure the FO has offered him a position in the FO and he obviously declined at this time since he's clearly still trying to play.

calibucfan15

Starter

#1 : June 18, 2009, 01:57:15 PM

I always read on here that people think the Flip experiment is going to fail and that the Bucs should bring back Brooks. My question is why? I loved Brooks for everything he's been able to do on and off the field. He was a great asset for us. But his time is up. He's not the same Brooks of '02. Father time has caught up with him and it was painfully visible last year. It hurt to see those guys on ESPN showing highlights of our defense in the Carolina game and them rewinding Brooks getting blown by  as if he was the only person on screen running in slow motion and then laughing. As much as some of you say Dominik needs to resign Brooks I disagree. Physically, he just doesn't offer us much more. Injuries are starting to take toll and he's not as explosive as he once was. While he won't completely crumble if brought back he won't provide that same consistency were used to seeing. For those who say bring him back for leadership, then no need to bring him back as part of the 53-man roster. Bring him back as a consultant or some other form in the FO. His locker room presence can be felt that way. So what's your take?

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 18, 2009, 01:59:47 PM

It ain't gonna happen. Let it end man.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#3 : June 18, 2009, 02:00:57 PM

Sure bring him back if its not on the 53 man roster.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 18, 2009, 02:04:04 PM

I'm not advocating bringing him back...I'm saying what your saying....let him go. I'm pretty sure the FO has offered him a position in the FO and he obviously declined at this time since he's clearly still trying to play.

Oh I didnt read the last line. Yeah, I completely agree that he should come back in the Shelton Quarles role.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 18, 2009, 02:05:30 PM

Unfortunately, Mr. Brooks still thinks he can play.  Hang 'em up, Derrick.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 18, 2009, 02:18:25 PM

Bring him back as a coach or trainer.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 18, 2009, 02:51:01 PM

CBF15,

"I always read on here that people think the Flip experiment is going to fail"

Where did you read that? Never read anything like that.

And "always"????

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#8 : June 18, 2009, 02:54:42 PM

Good luck Mr Derrick Brooks thanks for the memories IMO the HOF awaits you and also Sapp,Lynch,and Barber

calibucfan15

Starter

#9 : June 18, 2009, 02:57:09 PM

Can't really find all the posts of the people who want Brooks back. I'm on my phone...but they show up sporadically in some posts complaining about the new regime or posts about the Defense and the LB position.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 18, 2009, 03:16:09 PM

i think brooks should take a FO position. i dont think the flip experiment is going to work. i think that hayes will win the spot. thats just a perdiction though. i want flip to work out and become a good LB, i just dont see it happening yet. once the pads are on adn preseason roles around, we all will have a better idea though. then on top of that, flip has had trouble staying healthy, and he will be taking more punishment playing LB. the bucs may need more han just 2 guys to really step up at LB. im not too worried though, the bucs have always been good at finding quality LBs. so far black and hayes have shown some promise.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#11 : June 18, 2009, 03:26:14 PM

Brooks hasn't been all that good in years, not to mention he drops about every INT that hits him in the hands. Don't understand the fans that really just like certain players, I don't care much when these franchise players get released.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 18, 2009, 08:53:06 PM

He would never be brought back as a starter and teams expect their backup LB's to be major special team contributors, so I don't really see how it could work, unless he came back as a pro scout or something. I don't see him coming back as any kind of coach. He is way too rich to make those kinds of sacrifices of his time that coaches make.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Brooks were to return... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools