Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 25 Players in CFB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 18, 2009, 12:29:25 PM

Yes, I thought I phrased my last post wrong - I meant that I would have liked to have seen them paired together in that USC game - Beanie went down in the Ohio game the week before and was unable to play in the USC game.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 18, 2009, 12:37:29 PM

Gotcha.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 18, 2009, 07:39:48 PM

its nice to see now Masoli is higher than Pryor... hes who we went to after Pryor went to OSU

I would have liked to have seen Beanie and Terrell Pryor play in that USC game last year - I think it would have been much more interesting game. I've previously stated that I think the Pryor would be higher on this list if he had more support around him heading into this season - he's rostered with a lot of 1st & 2nd year guys - cupboards seem bare for Ohio State this season - a chance for the young guys to step up, but there are just too many new faces.

But putting my homerism aside how the hell is Jacquizz Rodgers not top 10 better yet top 8? He has more impact on OSU than George does for USF. Jacquizz took a team that should have won 5-7 games to 1 game away from a Rose Bowl.

George Selvie was injured last year. I think he showed a lot of leadership by playing through those injuries but his stats suffered for it - by all accounts he is back to his 2007 form - which was dominating. I think that's why he's back on the list - Selvie means a lot to this team, he makes the defense work.

Im not sold on Selvie the FEW times Ive seen him. He got absolutely worked by a 5th rd pick tackle this year in the sun bowl a few years ago. He was a huge liabiltity against the run that game. Ive watched USF a lot more 2 years ago than this past year but I really dont remember him being a top 6 talent in CFB.

I plan to watch him a lot more cause USF is one of my fav teams and I want to watch him more.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 25 Players in CFB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools