Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: adrian peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

: February 08, 2007, 02:20:26 AM

what value does he have in this draft?nobody seems to be saying much about him yet when healthy he reminds me of eric **CENSORED**erson.i know we already have caddilac but he could be interesting.caddy has yet to stay completely healthy.whereas a tandem with this kid the bucs could have the best one two punch going in the nfl.that is if they can both stay healthy.it would probably cost the top pick but with cal johnson and joe thomas off the board.that is we lost the coin flip...is he the next best player available.i remember the bucs passing on steven jackson.it is just a thought.even though i know we have many other pressing needs.still if we can fill some via free agency and other with later picks could this happen.or do you guys see us trading down for someone else who covets him or brady quinn?just curious.

#1 : February 08, 2007, 05:55:25 AM

he'd be an excellent pick for all the obvious reasons....that and our RB roster depth is shakey at best

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : February 08, 2007, 06:32:00 AM

as much as i agree, I dont see any way of that happening, I think we would get better value with Brian Leonard, and at the earliest cost us a 2nd rounder not 1st

and Adrian Peterson has had some issues with injuries, not major, but still

the pick has to be Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson in the 1st, unless we trade back, no Quinn, No Russell, No Adams.....CJ or JT

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 08, 2007, 08:25:43 AM

I think the true value of Adrian Peterson is that if Cleveland ends up picking at three they could possibly pick him instead of a prospect we are interested in.  The Bucs don't have the luxury to draft another runningback.  I think If Thomas and Johnson are off the board we should go Russell or Quinn but I doubt the front office is willing to do that.  In that situation I think you have to look to Adams or Anderson or trade down.  If they pick Peterson it would be a waste of his talent.  Gruden has shown in the past that if the running game doesn't produce early he is going pass heavy.  So you put yourself in a situation where the line isn't producing running lanes and you have two top five draft picks who become high priced blockers in the passing game. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 08, 2007, 09:58:55 AM

God guys if I hear one more person petition to draft Adrian Peterson knowning full well we have a top 5 pick invested in a ROY RB in Cadillac Williams I'm going to lose it!

Think logically for a moment! With all the massive holes we have on this team you consider drafting Adrian Peterson because it gives us depth with a RB? Well no crap, it better, 2 top 5 picks............

I don't know what will happen on draft day, but this sure in the hell won't. It makes no sense to even mention the possibility of drafting another RB when you already have a top 5 pick and boat load of cash tied up in one RB, no you want another ???

I have heard it all...............

Baghead #2

BucLord

Starter

#5 : February 08, 2007, 10:02:27 AM

Drafting Peterson is just dumb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 08, 2007, 10:03:58 AM

Think logically for a moment! With all the massive holes we have on this team you consider drafting Adrian Peterson because it gives us depth with a RB? Well no crap, it better, 2 top 5 picks............

Nail meet head........

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 08, 2007, 10:06:51 AM

Again, if you want to do the Reggie Bush/Duece McAllister thing that might be fine good and well but AP doesn't do anything different for us than what Caddy does becuase he's not a guy you are gonna flank out or use as a receiver.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 08, 2007, 10:23:27 AM

Perterson would be a glamorous high profile pick. However it would give the Bucs the least upside potential.
The first thing I look for in a pick is what kind of improvment will he bring to the team.
If we have a Walter Peyton type RB do we use a high draft pick to get a **CENSORED**erson.

NO

Maybe a high draft pick that you can use on every down to help your peyton

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#9 : February 08, 2007, 10:32:33 AM

Just thinking of the Pats', Colts' and Bears' two back situations, it seems to me that in each case, one of those two is not getting paid like a #1 back. In the situation being proposed here, we would have massive amounts of cap $ tied up in one position. Not good cap management IMO.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : February 08, 2007, 10:57:35 AM

he'd be an excellent pick for all the obvious reasons....that and our RB roster depth is shakey at best

Agree, but not worth the risk of the 3rd top pick, IMO.  Some middle round team will get lucky and get him - as will another middle round team get Troy Smith.   Bucs just can't pick either and waste their high first rounder. 

Shag

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 08, 2007, 10:59:34 AM

Probably shouldn't use a top 5 player just for depth.  ???

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 08, 2007, 11:09:43 AM

[banghead]

[banghead]

[banghead]

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 08, 2007, 11:33:06 AM

Why would we draft a RB when that is one of our better positions. We have much bigger holes to fill than RB. I would rather draft Thomas, Johnson, Okoye, Adams, or Anderson berfore we even thought about Peterson.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 08, 2007, 11:44:58 AM

Why would we draft a RB when that is one of our better positions. We have much bigger holes to fill than RB. I would rather draft Thomas, Johnson, Okoye, Adams, or Anderson berfore we even thought about Peterson.
RB is the last position we currently need to strengthen.

Spending our first on a RB would be the worst decision EVER.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: adrian peterson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools