Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More madness from Ochocinco « previous next »
Page: 1

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

: June 20, 2009, 01:14:04 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810e4004&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Not only has he "invited" himself to the Palmer household but he also emphatically predicted that Cincy was making the playoffs.

In the back of my mind I could hear Jim Mora shouting, "Playoffs?   Playoffs?"

Spending a day in the mind of this guy would be like spending the summer at Haight-Ashbury in the late 60s.

Turn the page.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 20, 2009, 01:15:28 PM

I dont think it's that much of a long shot that the Bengals could go to the playoffs. With a healthy Palmer they are instantly contending again. They are definitely a sleeper team.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 20, 2009, 01:18:57 PM

With a healthy Palmer they are instantly contending again. They are definitely a sleeper team.

Palmer's mechanics are beautiful.  I hope that knee doesn't affect him the rest of his career.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 20, 2009, 01:48:26 PM

I dont think it's that much of a long shot that the Bengals could go to the playoffs. With a healthy Palmer they are instantly contending again. They are definitely a sleeper team.
With a healthy Palmer they are instantly contending again. They are definitely a sleeper team.

Palmer's mechanics are beautiful.  I hope that knee doesn't affect him the rest of his career.

Fellas, I believe every man has a right to his own opinion BUT are we talking about the same Bengals that:

-Lost two of their starting OL this year
-Have a running game led by Cedric Benson
-Replaced a productive compliment to Ocho with a downgrade in Laverneus Coles
-Cannot stop the run on defense (i believe they let up well over 100 yards per game last year)
-And finally a team that ranked near the bottom of the league in Sacks.

I agree that Carson is extremely talented but unless they're going to play him on both sides of the ball, I can't imagine these guys being THAT much better than they were last year.

Turn the page.

MasterC25

Starter
#4 : June 20, 2009, 06:42:37 PM

Fellas, I believe every man has a right to his own opinion BUT are we talking about the same Bengals that:

-Lost two of their starting OL this year
-Have a running game led by Cedric Benson
-Replaced a productive compliment to Ocho with a downgrade in Laverneus Coles
-Cannot stop the run on defense (i believe they let up well over 100 yards per game last year)
-And finally a team that ranked near the bottom of the league in Sacks.

I agree that Carson is extremely talented but unless they're going to play him on both sides of the ball, I can't imagine these guys being THAT much better than they were last year.

Thats more of the reason they may make playoffs. The easiest position to play on the NFL to play is the underdog and with the parody that happens year round nothing would surprise me, so he is not wrong to believe in himself and team. I'm pretty sure u did not pick the dolphins to make playoffs last year. In this league predictablity is very unpredictable.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 20, 2009, 06:50:16 PM

c25,

While there is truth in your last sentence, I guess we won't know until December rolls around.
Like Chris Berman says "And that's why they play the games."
For now, I have my doubts but I guess we shall see.

Turn the page.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More madness from Ochocinco « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools