Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Garcia wants... « previous next »
Page: 1

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: February 08, 2007, 09:17:30 AM

Here it is, straight from the horses mouth. We don't need Garcia anyway...STAY AWAY!

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/248641,CST-SPT-bear08.article

''That's a team that is really well put together defensively and offensively,'' Garcia told the newspaper. ''That is a situation where you have to be honest with yourself and take a look at it. I'm not going to lie. That would be a situation that would make me think about certain things. Whether that happens or not, we'll have to see.''

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2007, 09:29:09 AM

"What Garcia wants...."

a man!

Garcia's going to ride this train from this year, he was garbage in Det and Cleveland, this is his last big payday, he's going to go for the money. Don't blame him,

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2007, 09:32:08 AM

Garcia's going to ride this train from this year, he was garbage in Det and Cleveland, this is his last big payday, he's going to go for the money. Don't blame him,

Agreed........

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 08, 2007, 10:05:08 AM

He's looking for the cash. He might as well tattoo "Get Paid" on his arm as well. If Minny steps up and drops $4m+ on him per year over the next few that's gonna be tough to pay.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 08, 2007, 10:19:59 AM

Oh Garcia is going to say whatever it takes to get a couple teams in a bidding war so he is the one that gets the big payday. I would think he is also looking for a starting job. I dont see anyone paying him $4 mil/year to ride the bench. I hope we are not that dumb.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 08, 2007, 11:07:49 AM

I dont see anyone paying him $4 mil/year to ride the bench. I hope we are not that dumb.

Steussie came in on goal line formations.  :)

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 08, 2007, 11:39:01 AM

I dont see anyone paying him $4 mil/year to ride the bench. I hope we are not that dumb.

Steussie came in on goal line formations. :)
Oh boy.  Allen signing Steussie will forever be McKay's Booger. Thankgoodness both those guys are gone.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#7 : February 08, 2007, 12:09:17 PM

.. I don't think we will .. bid war over old ass garcia..  but like others have said... gotta get that money.... I don't blame him either.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 08, 2007, 12:24:21 PM

Bears | Free agent QB Garcia intrigued by club
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:00:46 -0800

Mike Mulligan and Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, report Philadelphia Eagles QB Jeff Garcia, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, told the Philadelphia Daily News that he is intrigued by the Bears and what they have to offer. ''That's a team that is really well put together defensively and offensively,'' Garcia told the newspaper. ''That is a situation where you have to be honest with yourself and take a look at it. I'm not going to lie. That would be a situation that would make me think about certain things. Whether that happens or not, we'll have to see.''

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 08, 2007, 01:14:38 PM

About that article. This was the most interesting part of that article

Brian Griese had to think he was going to get a shot to play after coming to the Bears last March in a five-year, $14 million deal worth considerably more when factoring in playing-time escalators

That comes out to 2.8 million a year + escalators for playing time.
If the Bears do go for Garcia and maybe they should.
Griese might be worth a 5th round draft pick. Griese knew Grudens system and ran it well. Griese is weak when it comes to the long ball but Griese sure did give us a great start in 2005

goto11

Starter
#10 : February 08, 2007, 01:48:23 PM

Garcia would probably have those same comments regarding any team he was asked about.  He's not going to tip his hand or burn any bridges before free agency opens up.  Garcia is going to a team where he is almost guaranteed to start and sign a front-loaded 2 year deal.  I don't think it will be the Bucs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 08, 2007, 01:50:22 PM

About that article. This was the most interesting part of that article

Brian Griese had to think he was going to get a shot to play after coming to the Bears last March in a five-year, $14 million deal worth considerably more when factoring in playing-time escalators

That comes out to 2.8 million a year + escalators for playing time.
If the Bears do go for Garcia and maybe they should.
Griese might be worth a 5th round draft pick. Griese knew Grudens system and ran it well. Griese is weak when it comes to the long ball but Griese sure did give us a great start in 2005
I could see Garcia going to Chicago.  Berrian would not be happy about it, but oh well.  Chicago would benefit from having a guy like that, who can roll into a system that is pretty solid, and run the team efficiently.   Their defense does a lot of the work for the O anyway...ie Short fields, and points.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Garcia wants... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools