Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Derrick Brooks Being Unemployed « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #120 : June 25, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »

If Gruden were coaching somewhere, Brooks would have a job with that team.   

He'd also have Charlie Garner, Tim Brown, and Joey Galloway with him, too.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #121 : June 25, 2009, 11:28:05 AM »

LOL! Okay Warren. It appears he can't keep a story straight.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article643685.ece

So who was responsible for you having to leave the Bucs?

It was all of them, but Monte (Kiffin) led the charge. He said, "We can do it without him." Me and Monte had the rockiest relationship — a stepson-to-step­father relationship. It was always his defense, and he barked people out of the building. It was too much about him. … I was never a self-promoter. I always said (Derrick) Brooks is the best player on the team.

So how did it go down?

We've all talked about it. Monte wanted to go with Mac. Jon looks at (Rod) Marinelli, who has full faith in McFarland. What can he say? I can't fault them for what they did. I was like 30 at the time. I'd take the younger dude who looks like me on tape. What they failed to realize is they only make someone like me once in a lifetime.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

« #122 : June 25, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »

It was all of them, but Monte (Kiffin) led the charge. He said, "We can do it without him." Me and Monte had the rockiest relationship � a stepson-to-step�father relationship. It was always his defense, and he barked people out of the building. It was too much about him. � I was never a self-promoter. I always said (Derrick) Brooks is the best player on the team.

So how did it go down?

We've all talked about it. Monte wanted to go with Mac. Jon looks at (Rod) Marinelli, who has full faith in McFarland. What can he say? I can't fault them for what they did. I was like 30 at the time. I'd take the younger dude who looks like me on tape. What they failed to realize is they only make someone like me once in a lifetime.

Thats reality.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #123 : June 25, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »

Yep.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #124 : June 25, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »

It was all of them, but Monte (Kiffin) led the charge. He said, "We can do it without him." Me and Monte had the rockiest relationship � a stepson-to-step�father relationship. It was always his defense, and he barked people out of the building. It was too much about him. � I was never a self-promoter. I always said (Derrick) Brooks is the best player on the team.

So how did it go down?

its funny because hes right

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #125 : June 26, 2009, 10:29:31 AM »

i think the reality is that the kiffin thought booger could replace sapp and decided to go with it.  and gruden for some reason never called sapp back to tell him that was the direction the team was going with.   kiffin made a bad football decision, gruden made a bad PR decision.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #126 : June 26, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »

i think the reality is that the kiffin thought booger could replace sapp and decided to go with it. and gruden for some reason never called sapp back to tell him that was the direction the team was going with. kiffin made a bad football decision, gruden made a bad PR decision.

Sapp wasn't the same kind of player so it wasn't a bad football decision, and the defense was still good after he left.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #127 : June 26, 2009, 11:11:49 AM »

Sapp wasn't the same kind of player so it wasn't a bad football decision, and the defense was still good after he left.

not sure what you are getting at.  sapp had 20 sacks after he left TB, mcfarland had 20 sacks in his whole career.  the defense was still good after sapp left, but do you think it would have been better had we kept re-signed him?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #128 : June 26, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »

not sure what you are getting at.  sapp had 20 sacks after he left TB, mcfarland had 20 sacks in his whole career.  the defense was still good after sapp left, but do you think it would have been better had we kept re-signed him?

Other point to be made is that he had those 20 sacks despite having to play in a completely different scheme including some work at DE. Warren should've been re-signed no doubt. He wasn't the terror he was in previous years but definitely had plenty in his tank. 
  Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Derrick Brooks Being Unemployed « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools