Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Derrick Brooks Being Unemployed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

lovethe bucs

Second String

#15 : June 22, 2009, 01:29:37 PM

I thought it was a good article.  Sapp has a point.  No respect these days. Kinda like society if you think about it.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 22, 2009, 02:09:02 PM

In the NFL players drop off overnight, literally.

Especially if they are packin' a Glock in their sweatpants.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 22, 2009, 02:16:45 PM

I thought it was a good article.  Sapp has a point.  No respect these days. Kinda like society if you think about it.

Yeah. I can't disagree with that.

And I also agree that the Brooks before the injury is good enough to play for any number of teams, including Tampa.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#18 : June 22, 2009, 02:51:31 PM

In this situation, we don't really don't know well the young linebackers like Hayes, Black, and Hawayrd took to Brooks mentoring, because Brooks never let them on the field even when he was hurt. For Peter King to say that none of the linebackers other than Rudd listened to DB is just another example of him making comments for which he has no basis, or in short talking out his @ss. Peter King is nothing more than Rick Stroud taken national.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 22, 2009, 03:05:04 PM

An injured Brooks is done...but the Brooks that played last year before injury is better than whoever they decide to put there THIS ONE YEAR!

If we keep using stop-gap measures to try and look good for "THIS ONE YEAR", as you say, then we will continue to look like the team we have the last 6 years and not develop any new talent. That is what the Glazers are trying to change.
Ok so Freeman should be starting in your opinion too?

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 22, 2009, 03:10:44 PM

An injured Brooks is done...but the Brooks that played last year before injury is better than whoever they decide to put there THIS ONE YEAR!

If we keep using stop-gap measures to try and look good for "THIS ONE YEAR", as you say, then we will continue to look like the team we have the last 6 years and not develop any new talent. That is what the Glazers are trying to change.
Ok so Freeman should be starting in your opinion too?

Nope, the kid just came out of school after his true junior year, unlike, many of our LB's who have been patiently waiting their turn the last 2-3 years.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 22, 2009, 03:16:15 PM

What QB on our roster isn't stop gap besides freeman and JJ?

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 22, 2009, 03:29:20 PM

What QB on our roster isn't stop gap besides freeman and JJ?

They made their decision on their franchise quarterback. Something they haven't done in over a decade. Now they are just playing it smart and developing him properly. He's very young. I trust Jagz....he has Matt Ryan on his resume. Go ask other teams like Arizona, Tennessee, Oakland, Miami, etc. why they are choosing a similar course of action with their future franchise QB's

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 22, 2009, 05:39:37 PM

Lineart:  product of the system
V Young:  1 game hype
Jamarcus:  is the laziest QB in the league...he's about the fame not the game
Beck (MIA):  2nd rounder?

I'm a fan of 'rah and co going out and getting a talented young QB.  I'm a big Freeman fan and realistic think he can do whatever Luke or Byron is capable of.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

#24 : June 22, 2009, 05:47:08 PM

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints...   and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT.   I'd root for Brooks.  this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did.  one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team. 

Booker

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 22, 2009, 05:52:06 PM

Wow that is a sad sad joke. You would root for Brooks to make the Saints win and us lose? Lmao, that is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

jcdoll

Starter

#26 : June 22, 2009, 05:54:43 PM

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints... and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT. I'd root for Brooks. this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did. one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 22, 2009, 05:59:46 PM

That's why you are a joke also.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 22, 2009, 06:11:46 PM

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints... and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT. I'd root for Brooks. this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did. one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

So we all know why FloridaNative is so nuts......he can't get over the fact that year after year he keeps getting season tickets and can't stop himself from being bent over by the Bucs organization.    What's your excuse?   Does your hatred for anything non-Gruden really run that deep that you'd root against your own supposed favorite team for an ex player?   Does your other personality feel the same way?   

Booker

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 22, 2009, 06:13:48 PM

It doesn't matter, Native is a big joke too. Root for a player instead of the team? LOL, sad
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Derrick Brooks Being Unemployed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools