Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Derrick Brooks Being Unemployed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 22, 2009, 06:39:27 PM

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints...   and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT.   I'd root for Brooks.  this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did.  one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team. 
If it meant one more year not knowing what the Bucs have in Black, Hayward, and Hayes, players that could conceivably be on the roster the next time the Bucs play in the Super Bowl, then, yes, it would have mattered.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 22, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

These people are NOT fans of this teams regardless of what they say. Perhaps they were fans of a previous team. They clearly are no longer fans of the current team. Why keep posting here? This is a forum for fans of this team i thought?

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#32 : June 22, 2009, 06:51:51 PM

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints...   and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT.   I'd root for Brooks.  this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did.  one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team.  
If it meant one more year not knowing what the Bucs have in Black, Hayward, and Hayes, players that could conceivably be on the roster the next time the Bucs play in the Super Bowl, then, yes, it would have mattered.

If the young gun LB's are not good enough to beat out an aging, washed up 36 year old whose better days are behind him, then they won't be leading us to a Super Bowl.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 22, 2009, 06:54:20 PM

These people are NOT fans of this teams regardless of what they say. Perhaps they were fans of a previous team. They clearly are no longer fans of the current team. Why keep posting here? This is a forum for fans of this team i thought?

Dear Dad,

I'm sorry for not obeying your commands and continue posting on here.  This is a message board with a vast variety of opinions, not everyone is drinking the kool aid like yourself.

Your favorite son,
Pac/Lac/Pimp52

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 22, 2009, 06:55:47 PM

WHy post opinions about a team you are no longer a fan of? Anyone who would rather see a player for another team help that team to the playoffs and knock THIS team out IS NO FAN. END OF STORY!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 22, 2009, 06:58:43 PM

WHy post opinions about a team you are no longer a fan of? Anyone who would rather see a player for another team help that team to the playoffs and knock THIS team out IS NO FAN. END OF STORY!

Daddy,

I respect your opinion, but again this is a message board.  There are many different types of fans, let me list them:

1)  HOMER FANS
2)  REALISTIC FANS
3)  BANDWAGONS

The majority on this board fall under category #1.  Feel free to blast away about me posting on here but it will continue. 

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 22, 2009, 06:59:48 PM

BTW.. I'm not drinking any kool aid and completely accept that this years team may suck out loud. As a fan however I would NEVER root for losses as some of these so called fans do.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 22, 2009, 07:00:55 PM

Daddy,

I respect your opinion, but again this is a message board.  There are many different types of fans, let me list them:

1)  HOMER FANS
2)  REALISTIC FANS
3)  BANDWAGONS

The majority on this board fall under category #1.  Feel free to blast away about me posting on here but it will continue. 

And in your opinion do you really believe a FAN would root against his so called team?

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 22, 2009, 07:01:10 PM

By the time were 2-5, 1-6...i won't care if we win or lose....its all about the #1 pick then!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 22, 2009, 07:03:38 PM

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints... � and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT. � I'd root for Brooks. �this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did. �one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team. �

If the young gun LB's are not good enough to beat out an aging, washed up 36 year old whose better days are behind him, then they won't be leading us to a Super Bowl.

Obviously the team thought they were better or Brooks would still be on the team. It has been a problem with the team for a couple years now where Brooks did not want to leave the field when he probably should have and his locker room leadership skills obviously must have not been getting its message across down the stretch either considering their collapse. I'm a huge Brooks fan but everyone's time comes to pass.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 22, 2009, 07:20:49 PM

Just sign the guy to vet minimum and let him be a leader of this football team. If he outplays the young guys in camp then let him be the starter. Seems like RAH and the boys don't want competition at the LB position.

Dude, thats ridiculous. Have you not watched the guy play over the last few years? Competition is precisely what Raheem is after which is why Brooks is gone and the fact that no one is beating down his door to sign his is comfirmation of that.

Ill be honest, if Brooks went to the Saints... and he culd make a play against the Bucs that put him into the playoffs , but the Bucs OUT. I'd root for Brooks. this franchise should be embarrassed to let him go the way they did. one more year wouldn't have mattered to this 4-12 team.

Dude, thats one of the craziest things i've ever read on this board.  Idiotic, actually.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jcdoll

Starter

#41 : June 22, 2009, 07:31:11 PM

wow didn't know you weren't allowed to voice your opinion on a message board....some people make me laugh.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 22, 2009, 07:39:39 PM

Rootin for the team to lose is idiotic..... that is MY opinion.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 22, 2009, 07:56:45 PM

Well when your opinion is that of you will root for another team to beat the Bucs you are not a fan of the Bucs.  Pretty obvious

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 22, 2009, 08:00:48 PM

Well when your opinion is that of you will root for another team to beat the Bucs you are not a fan of the Bucs.  Pretty obvious

Thank you.. my point exactly.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Derrick Brooks Being Unemployed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools