Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They were right about voting for McCain... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 22, 2009, 12:21:34 PM

The problem is schools don't teach kids how to think anymore. There is no critical thinking.

that is because schools now teach to the standardized tests...

remove those things, and things will improve, until then, it will never get better.

not to mention, I agree with you to an extent, but do you think that kids weren't learning from poorly written text books 20, 30, 40, even 50 years ago?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 22, 2009, 12:56:21 PM

Obama's honeymoon is just about over....

With each day it looks like more and more Americans are waking up from his trance.

Only 33% of Americans "strongly approve" of the job Obama has done since he took office. 34% "strongly disapprove."

The economy is also becoming Obama's problem....
Last month, 62% of Americans said that the economic problems facing the country today is due to George W. Bush and his administration. Today, that number is down to 54%. 39% of Americans now blame Obama directly for the nation's worsening economy.

Obama's overall approval rating is down to 54%.
Approval rating of Congress drops to 23%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Other numbers:
86% of Americans expect their taxes to go up.
Only 30% trust that Obama will solve the country's economic problems.
50% said the economy is getting worse. Only 25% said the economy is getting better.
53% of Americans say their personal finances are getting worse.
Nearly 80% believe the economy is in recession.
50% believe the nation has become more partisan
81% of Americans say the economy is the most important issue facing the nation.
58% believe the nation is on the wrong track.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/scoreboards/by_the_numbers2/by_the_numbers

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 22, 2009, 02:42:22 PM

The media had more to do with Obama winning than anything. I've never see so many uninformed voters than I did in the last cycle. And Im not talking about political opinion, I just could not believe how clueless people are about the world and our government works.

Total bullcrap .... You're whining because of who won. You think people got all of a sudden more uninformed. The focus was on proving on how uninformed some voters were and they got the results they were after and why you supposedly saw so many compared to previous years. You don't think you could have found the same type zombies, just a different mantra, 4 years ago ... or 8 years ago .... or 12 years ago?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 22, 2009, 03:13:25 PM

The media had more to do with Obama winning than anything. I've never see so many uninformed voters than I did in the last cycle. And Im not talking about political opinion, I just could not believe how clueless people are about the world and our government works.

Total bullcrap .... You're whining because of who won. You think people got all of a sudden more uninformed. The focus was on proving on how uninformed some voters were and they got the results they were after and why you supposedly saw so many compared to previous years. You don't think you could have found the same type zombies, just a different mantra, 4 years ago ... or 8 years ago .... or 12 years ago?

yes, there are always uninformed voters, but this is the first time voters came out in droves to vote for a man based on the color of his skin.

we'll see where that got us in 4 years.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 22, 2009, 03:20:37 PM

The media was never as biased to the extent as they were in November. There are even some journalists today that have written articles asking why is Obama getting such favorable media right now when he still hasnt accomplished anything?

Study after study proves the liberal slant in the media. Watch CNN or MSNBC and it won't take you long before the Obama-worshipping and GOP-bashing begins. And then to top it off, the liberals have the nerve to whine about FOX being conservative.

You can blame the economy on the Republicans all you want. But right now the Democrats are on the clock. Eventually people are going to start demanding results. We are done pointing fingers. The Democrats control the government. People want to go back to work and make money. If they still can't find work in 4 years, they will return to the ballot box perhaps even more angry.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They were right about voting for McCain... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools