Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My updated mock 2/8/07 « previous next »
Page: 1

: February 08, 2007, 10:32:08 AM

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Ryan Khalil (C USCw)
2b) Victor Abiamiri (DE Notre Dame)
3) Marcus Thomas (DT Florida)
4) Desmond Bishop (ILB Cal)
5) Tarell Brown (CB Texas)
7) Marquay Mcdaniel (WR/KR/PR Hampton)

Shag

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 08, 2007, 10:57:23 AM

Not happy with the first two going on offense. Kalil would be good in the 2nd if we trade down and use the 1st on defense.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2007, 11:24:36 AM

Khalil isn't a guy I'm thrilled with at that spot. He's not a big guy and he seems for like a DEN, HOU player than our player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 08, 2007, 11:27:38 AM

Khalil isn't a guy I'm thrilled with at that spot. He's not a big guy and he seems for like a DEN, HOU player than our player.

We do like to draft OL a round earlier than they are rated.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 08, 2007, 11:31:26 AM

Other than Joseph what OL was drafted a round earlier? ???

As for the mock draft make 2a into Rufus Alexander and I would be a happy camper. :D

#5 : February 08, 2007, 11:34:30 AM

As for the mock draft make 2a into Rufus Alexander and I would be a happy camper. :D

I have heard that Rufus was a great prospect if he drops to us I would take him here. I chose Ryan there because I have heard a buzz about the Bucs possible trading down getting a second first and taking him in the 1b...However I see him there at 2a for us regardless.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 08, 2007, 11:35:54 AM

True and Colmer. Like the Rufus comment.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 08, 2007, 11:37:56 AM

True and Colmer. Like the Rufus comment.

Colmer was a late first round/early second round pick before his virus was diagnosed.  I did not agree with him being selected but he was selected at the bottom of the third round.  In terms of value that is not a reach.

True was selected at the bottom of the second round where the second tier tackles would start flying off the board.  In terms of value that too is not a reach. 

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#8 : February 08, 2007, 08:12:11 PM

Eh, I don't know about that comparison. He could be that type of player, definitely. But I don't think he is. SC played a decent number of top opponents, and he held up well against all of them. I do remember a series in the NC against Texas when Frank Okam had an awesome series against him. Got past him and the guard 3 straight times, and force the Trojans out of FG range. But aside from that, he's been real good against bigger opponents. Like in the Senior Bowl and the Rose Bowl against Branch.

Centers just don't often come that big. Guys like Jeff Saturday, Robbie Tobeck, Faine, Brad Meester aren't much bigger than Kalil and they get the job done pretty well without having to play for a ZBS team.

EDIT: Also, first 2 picks on O and throwing out our character draft policy on Thomas, I completely disagree with.

T

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 08, 2007, 08:40:09 PM

Very happy witht his draft

#10 : February 08, 2007, 08:47:37 PM

like it except for davis i say we get David Harris ILB | (6'2", 239, 4.75) | MICHIGAN davis has speed and all but he is only 5"9 not tall enough

#11 : February 08, 2007, 08:50:20 PM

and we should get John Beason OLB | (6'0", 233, 4.55) | MIAMI (FLA.) speed same height as brooks copuld replace him when he retires come on now

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#12 : February 08, 2007, 09:25:56 PM

and we should get John Beason OLB | (6'0", 233, 4.55) | MIAMI (FLA.) speed same height as brooks copuld replace him when he retires come on now

People are a little late on the Beason bandwagon. It's a case of too late, but unfortunately not too little. People are now talking about him as a 1st rounder.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My updated mock 2/8/07 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools