Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MJD « previous next »
Page: 1

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

MJD
: August 02, 2009, 01:15:23 PM

Took this guy early last year and he was frustrating at times.
While he could go off for 2-3 TD's and 100 in one game.
He had games where he got (4,7,13,17 yards total rushing respectively)

Maybe he does more without Freddy T by his side, but for me, I"m going to pass unless he falls.
I don't think he'll make it out of the 1st round in most drafts.

Turn the page.

Brooks 10/55

Second String

MJD
#1 : August 02, 2009, 11:52:18 AM

In my opinion, Jones Drew is the NUMBER 1 pick in leagues where you're awarded points for catches. In standard leagues he's a strong #2. He'll end up with more TDs than Peterson as I believe Peterson is more of an injury risk and MJD doesn't have to split carries with a legit backup like AD does with Chester Taylor.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

MJD
#2 : June 23, 2009, 09:32:02 AM

What do you all think about Maurice Jones Drew. A lot of people have him the second ranked player, im not sure if i agree.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

MJD
#3 : July 07, 2009, 12:39:55 AM

I personally agree completely.

He has scored double digit touchdowns every single year he has been in the league and he really hasn't had any injury problems.

I would take him at two....

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

MJD
#4 : July 09, 2009, 12:51:17 AM

Who is MJD gonna be spliting carries with?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
MJD
#5 : July 09, 2009, 01:04:20 PM

Probably some combination of Greg Jones and Jennings. I actually like Jones as a sleeper.

Hate

Hall of Famer
MJD
#6 : July 19, 2009, 04:57:00 PM

i like Jones as well. Dude was a beast at FSU.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

MJD
#7 : July 19, 2009, 05:48:52 PM

Very solid player, although being the feature-back may be too much for him to handle. Time will tell though.

If I had a low first round pick (20-32) I'd pick him up.

TheGrahamCracker

Rookie

#8 : August 01, 2009, 01:37:01 PM

I personally think MJD is getting too much hype. Im expecting a bad season for the Jags because their passing game is horribile and that offensive line was a mess last year. Teams will key in on MJD and it will be tough for him to post good numbers

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

MJD
#9 : August 01, 2009, 01:42:03 PM

I personally think MJD is getting too much hype. Im expecting a bad season for the Jags because their passing game is horribile and that offensive line was a mess last year. Teams will key in on MJD and it will be tough for him to post good numbers

They're Oline has improved drastically.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

TheGrahamCracker

Rookie

#10 : August 01, 2009, 09:55:40 PM

Thats true Swashbuccaler alot of their O line was hurt last year but i just dont trust their whole offense

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

MJD
#11 : August 02, 2009, 10:58:16 PM

They had a major face lift up front. I expect top 5 numbers.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

MJD
#12 : August 03, 2009, 11:35:41 AM

O-Line was hammered with injuries.  Plus, they drafted two solid OL with first two picks this year.  OL shouldn't be a problem.

They had a major face lift up front. I expect top 5 numbers.

Certainly, has the potential to be within the top 5.

Turn the page.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MJD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools