Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who What Where When and Why not Gaines Adams DE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 08, 2007, 12:13:48 PM

Okoye just isn't that good a player based on his film. Don't let a good week in Mobile outweight who he really was all year nor ignore what Adams was all year.

Bingo - I think if Adams had been at the Senior Bowl, we might not even be having this discussion.  I like Okoye a lot - but it's almost all built on upside. I watched him during the year as well, and it was sort of hit or miss. Some games he floored me, other times, I forgot he was out there. Adams has proven the production in a good conference, and he's going to be one of those types of guys who is going to be impressive as heck at the combine. He's going to be hit the ground running on day 1.

I'm not going to curse the Bucs FO if they ended up with Okoye (as long as it was part of a good trade down deal), but it's definitely not my favorite option. I believe that when you get a chance to take elite players, you take them, because it's expensive to go and get them later on.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who What Where When and Why not Gaines Adams DE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools