Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking to trade down? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: February 08, 2007, 11:36:41 AM

The Sporting News reports that the Bucs are likely to look to move down in the draft, but not past the No. 7 pick.

That's awfully specific news for early February. The Bucs reportedly believe it's a seven player draft at the top: Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson, Wisconsin T Joe Thomas, Michigan DT Alan Branch, Clemson DE Gaines Adams, LSU QB JaMarcus Russell and Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn. We're skeptical of most pre-draft rumors this early.

(...from Rotoworld.com)

Personally I dont see the Bucs trading down if Calvin Johnson is still there but who knows because coach John Gruden did love what Amobi Okoye did during the Senior Bowl... but I still think its too early to call.

Message board rumor:http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=103705

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2007, 11:39:33 AM

I think if we do move down, at that point it would be for Okoye only. I just could not see them moving down for anyone else.

Baghead #2

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2007, 11:42:25 AM

if they do trade down for Okoye then I see the bucs drafting the offensive guard from Boston college in the second round

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 08, 2007, 11:42:45 AM

I think if we do move down, at that point it would be for Okoye only. I just could not see them moving down for anyone else.

I don't think it would be for a specific player. They just know that someone they want will still be there.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 08, 2007, 11:45:58 AM

If we think it is a seven man draft and we don't care whihc of those 7 guys we get (and suspecting the one of the 7 we REALLY want won't be there) then you can move down. You just can't move any futher down becuase then you are taking a talent hit.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 08, 2007, 11:48:01 AM

if they do trade down for Okoye then I see the bucs drafting the offensive guard from Boston college in the second round

I like Beekman a lot, a whole lot! The versatility is a big plus and he is a very good blocker. I was really suprised by him at the senior bowl.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 08, 2007, 11:51:59 AM

If we think it is a seven man draft and we don't care whihc of those 7 guys we get (and suspecting the one of the 7 we REALLY want won't be there) then you can move down. You just can't move any futher down becuase then you are taking a talent hit.

Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson, Wisconsin T Joe Thomas, Michigan DT Alan Branch, Clemson DE Gaines Adams, LSU QB JaMarcus Russell and Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn.

Those are the seven names it seems that the TSN believes the Bucs regard as elite players.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 08, 2007, 11:52:22 AM

I can see us trading down and picking up Gaines.  I hope anyhow.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 08, 2007, 11:54:16 AM

Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson, Wisconsin T Joe Thomas, Michigan DT Alan Branch, Clemson DE Gaines Adams, LSU QB JaMarcus Russell and Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn.

Those are the seven names it seems that the TSN believes the Bucs regard as elite players.

There are only 6?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 08, 2007, 12:03:11 PM

There are only 6?

Yeah I just noticed that.  Maybe that seventh player is not known at this time (Okoye? CJ?).

TEAMCALI

Starter

#10 : February 08, 2007, 12:06:28 PM

smoke screen? ? I just wish the draft would hurry up...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 08, 2007, 12:12:26 PM

It could be a major smokescreen but I think there is some merit to this rumor becuase of the recent rumors of CJ and JT being drafted 1 and 2 lately.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 08, 2007, 12:13:18 PM

Thomas, Johnson, Russell, Adams, Quinn, Jamaal, and then maybe Branch and Okoye.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 08, 2007, 12:15:39 PM

I suspect it is Jamaal Anderson.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 08, 2007, 12:35:21 PM

I suspect it is Jamaal Anderson.

I think that is a good guess.  I would say it seems like a really good guess as his name was not put out there as one of the seven......hmm....

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking to trade down? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools