Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking to trade down? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : February 08, 2007, 12:38:49 PM

eh, smoke right now.

If they did float that rumor, it might be to force the teams between 4 and 7 to think hard about who might jump ahead of them to grab an elite player.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 08, 2007, 12:39:14 PM

I assumed it was Calvin Johnson

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 08, 2007, 12:50:17 PM

I assumed it was Calvin Johnson

I did as well but as Booker Reese has mentioned Jamaal Anderson seems to be the wildcard in this.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 08, 2007, 01:24:03 PM

My bad - it's got to be CJ. I just assumed he was in there.

I'd be stunned if the Bucs thought that Alan Branch fit this team. That's one reason I'm skeptical of this report.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#19 : February 08, 2007, 01:48:34 PM

i see them trading down if CJ and JT are gone. if they are gone then u trade down and get okoye and an additional 2nd rounder.

marlevr

Second String
#20 : February 08, 2007, 02:41:10 PM

Is that the only thing we can get by moving down? a second rouder? Can we get a 4th too maybe? I guess it depends how far down we move.

shall555

Starter

#21 : February 08, 2007, 02:55:58 PM

It's a 7 player draft, but the Bucs are only interested in 3 of those 7. The rest either don't fit our system, like Branch, or fill a need, like Peterson and the franchise QBs. What would be great is if the Bucs could trade down, pick up an extra 2nd and still get their main draft target.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 08, 2007, 02:56:24 PM

It's clearly Calvin Johnson and the original post was just a typo.  If our staff doesn't consider to CJ to be a top 7 talent then they need to be fired before 3:30.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#23 : February 08, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

i would think that if you trade down to 7 which right now seems like the spot we would trade down theyd have to give up a second rounder maybe a 5th or 6th too. however i think trading down 8 or further i think u have to give more than a second rounder like a second and 4th maybe 3rd.

#24 : February 08, 2007, 03:09:45 PM

Here is how I see us doing it

We trade with the Redskins for the #6 pick and another 2nd and maybe a 2008 1st/2nd

Washington(3) goes up and drafts Jamall Anderson
Cleveland (4) takes Brady Quinn
Arizona (5) takes Alan Branch
Tampa (6) Take Calvin Johnson

The questionable pick is Arizona they may be in the market for anothe WR (especially of CJ potential) for Leinart...which would scare those who want CJ here...any way you would look at it Okoye/Adams would be there still nd both are worthy of a 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 08, 2007, 03:15:07 PM

Why does WAS move up to get Anderson when they can sit tight and get Anderson or Adams or Branch w/o giving up a pick?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 08, 2007, 03:15:26 PM

Everyone stays put.

Raiders take Russell.
Lions take Thomas.
Browns take Peterson (they DO trust Frye, and have LeCharles back after missing an entire year, so the line has some stability for Peterson, they wont take another wideout with pick 3 and be tagged Detroit part 2)
Bucs Take Calvin Johnson
Arizona takes Gaines Adams
Washington takes Jamaal

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 08, 2007, 03:17:45 PM

Everyone stays put.

Raiders take Russell.
Lions take Thomas.
Browns take Peterson (they DO trust Frye, and have LeCharles back after missing an entire year, so the line has some stability for Peterson, they wont take another wideout with pick 3 and be tagged Detroit part 2)
Bucs Take Calvin Johnson
Washington takes Jamaal

FYI Last I heard LeCharles might be missing another year

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 08, 2007, 03:18:37 PM

Everyone stays put.

Raiders take Russell.
Lions take Thomas.
Bucs Take Calvin Johnson
Washington takes Jamaal

Was it that bad?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 08, 2007, 03:27:05 PM

Everyone stays put.

Raiders take Russell.
Lions take Thomas.
Bucs Take Calvin Johnson
Washington takes Jamaal

Was it that bad?

Aggravated with a staph infection.  I'll see if I can find a link.

Edit:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16285836.htm
http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl_players/1252/detail.html
The Akron Beacon-Journal believes LeCharles Bentley will miss the 2007 season. Cleveland's 2006 season started going downhill when their big free agent prize went out for the season on the first day of training camp. His status for next year and the rest of his career remains in doubt because of debilitating knee surgery. (Jan. 07, - 11:10 AM EST - Source: Akron Beacon-Journal)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking to trade down? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools