Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking to trade down? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 08, 2007, 03:29:45 PM

Lions take Thomas.

Everyone is all over the Lions and Thomas pick but what would they be doing there? They made Backus the 6th highest paid O-lineman last year. He's not a big physical guy who could play right side and if they did move him he'd be the most grossly overpaid ROT in the league. That means they are drafting Thomas to be the ROT of the future and that just isn't a position you have to burn the #2 overall pick to fill. Everyone is mkaing this pick but I don't understand this pick. I

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 08, 2007, 03:36:15 PM

Everyone stays put.

Raiders take Russell.
Lions take Thomas.
Browns take Peterson (they DO trust Frye, and have LeCharles back after missing an entire year, so the line has some stability for Peterson, they wont take another wideout with pick 3 and be tagged Detroit part 2)
Bucs Take Calvin Johnson
Arizona takes Gaines Adams
Washington takes Jamaal

FYI Last I heard LeCharles might be missing another year
Was it that bad?

Aggravated with a staph infection.  I'll see if I can find a link.

Edit:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16285836.htm
http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl_players/1252/detail.html
The Akron Beacon-Journal believes LeCharles Bentley will miss the 2007 season. Cleveland's 2006 season started going downhill when their big free agent prize went out for the season on the first day of training camp. His status for next year and the rest of his career remains in doubt because of debilitating knee surgery. (Jan. 07, - 11:10 AM EST - Source: Akron Beacon-Journal)

Wow.  That really sucks for the Browns.  The guy is an anchor.

Lions take Thomas.

Everyone is all over the Lions and Thomas pick but what would they be doing there? They made Backus the 6th highest paid O-lineman last year. He's not a big physical guy who could play right side and if they did move him he'd be the most grossly overpaid ROT in the league. That means they are drafting Thomas to be the ROT of the future and that just isn't a position you have to burn the #2 overall pick to fill. Everyone is mkaing this pick but I don't understand this pick. I
:-X

I think they are happy with their D-line, and hopefully, they get Rice, and we get...the guy mentioned by PR...that would be nice, and Rod gets Simeon back.  But the Lions have a decent running back, have good wideouts, their QBs are in place...and Backus does get a lot of jack, but getting Thomas puts them at the top of the League for O-line play.  They won't take another QB to groom, it just won't happen, IMO.  Peterson?  Maybe, but not likely at 2.  Gaines?  I think they might be tempted, but at 2 it is a rather high pick, no?

Thomas just makes sense, it anchors the team on both ends.  If any team is going to trade down, it is Detroit, IMO, because they can get whomever they want at a later position.  For a team that is that bad, it is amazing how it looks like they don't need so much to be a contender.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 08, 2007, 03:46:29 PM

Here is how I see us doing it

We trade with the Redskins for the #6 pick and another 2nd and maybe a 2008 1st/2nd

A) Dalbuc's right - why would the Skins trade up when they could sit tight and get Adam, Branch, or Anderson - all capable of filling a critical need? Leon Hall as well, though maybe that's early.
B) Do the Skins even have any draft picks to trade? They lost their second rounder to get reach for Rocky McIntosh last year, traded their 3rd rounder for TJ Duckett. The cupboard's bare.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 08, 2007, 04:04:39 PM

Here is how I see us doing it

We trade with the Redskins for the #6 pick and another 2nd and maybe a 2008 1st/2nd

A) Dalbuc's right - why would the Skins trade up when they could sit tight and get Adam, Branch, or Anderson - all capable of filling a critical need? Leon Hall as well, though maybe that's early.
B) Do the Skins even have any draft picks to trade? They lost their second rounder to get reach for Rocky McIntosh last year, traded their 3rd rounder for TJ Duckett. The cupboard's bare.

They have a 1st and then don't pick again until round 5.  I can't see them as a viable trade partner.  I'd trade down with them for their 1st and Shaun Taylor, but even Snyder's not that stupid.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 08, 2007, 04:28:16 PM

I can see us trading our 2 2nd round picks to washington for their first round pick

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#35 : February 08, 2007, 04:44:12 PM

I can see us trading our 2 2nd round picks to washington for their first round pick
what about our round pick?  dont most people that trade down, exchange their first and either get a 2nd or 3rd? I dont see us giving up anything but our first and may even get another 2nd out of the deal.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 08, 2007, 04:48:48 PM

Our two 2nd rounders aren't nearly enough to get their 1st.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 08, 2007, 04:54:05 PM

redsikins need more draft picks they have a 1st round pick then they don't pick again until the 5th round. They might be happier with 2 2nd round picks then 1 1st round pick

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 08, 2007, 05:27:22 PM

redsikins need more draft picks they have a 1st round pick then they don't pick again until the 5th round. They might be happier with 2 2nd round picks then 1 1st round pick

Nah.  I might agree with your logic if they had a mid rounder, but they're in the top 10.  It's just too high for us.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 08, 2007, 05:51:13 PM

yepers you are right but it is fun to dream

#40 : February 08, 2007, 08:54:04 PM

A move down would be the best thing for the Buccs.  We stink, the defense is getting older and we need reinforcements.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#41 : February 08, 2007, 11:13:46 PM

Why don't we keep trading down and corner the market we could have every pick in the 6th and 7th round
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking to trade down? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools