Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do We Survive Death? Can the Dead Communicate with Us? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: June 25, 2009, 12:41:55 AM

Interesting HBO documentary from 1999. It features the first laboratory testing of alleged psychic mediums John Edward, George Anderson and others.

Hopefully, I copied and pasted all of the links correctly.

Life Afterlife

Part One...

Part Two...

Part Three...

Part Four...

Part Five...

Part Six...

Part Seven...

Part Eight...

Part Nine...

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 25, 2009, 12:53:45 AM

John Edwards? Sorry, but I stopped there.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 25, 2009, 01:09:39 AM

John Edward. No S.

I've had the same reaction from several people about Edward. Then I ask them how much they know about him and the testing he underwent at the University of Arizona with Gary Schwartz. Usually, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Part of that testing is featured in that HBO documentary. Edward kicked butt in those tests. The skeptics accused him of cheating/peaking and cold reading. Of course he cheated. Psychic abilities don't exist so anybody coming up with "hits" during a reading MUST be cheating.

Watch the documentary if you have interest in the subject of life after death.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#3 : June 25, 2009, 01:15:55 AM

Yes, they can.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 25, 2009, 01:38:39 AM

Nobody has without a doubt proof.

But I have to wonder sometimes...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 25, 2009, 03:03:03 AM

Nobody has without a doubt proof.

But I have to wonder sometimes...

If you want to read about an amazing medium, check out, Lenora Piper. She was tested over and over...

http://www.prairieghosts.com/piper.html

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 25, 2009, 03:05:22 AM

Fun read, but once again, no positive proof.  That always comes back...the POSITIVE PROOF...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 25, 2009, 03:11:47 AM

Fun read, but once again, no positive proof.  That always comes back...the POSITIVE PROOF...

I have never once argued positive proof. That's a given. Get beyond that and you can learn some interesting things about the subject.

People who have had encounters with their loved ones have the positive proof they need. It's subjective yet personal proof got them. Of course, there are instances of full bodies apparitions, witnessed by more than one person.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#8 : June 25, 2009, 11:46:01 AM

Talking to the dead is punishable by death in the Bible. If the Bible says it's against God's law then 2 things immediately come to mind....
#1 - it IS possible
#2 - why would a God of love say it was wrong to do it? to talk to your dead parents or children?

answer: the very first lie ever spoken was the Devil telling Eve she DEFINATELY would not die if she ate from the tree of knowledge. She would become like God...
The "dead people" who are seen and spoken to are actually demons pretending to be dead people. They aren't people at all, and have never lived and died as humans.
Aside from REAL mediums that speak with the dead there are plenty of fakers that prey upon people's fears...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 25, 2009, 11:49:37 AM

People who have had encounters with their loved ones have the positive proof they need. It's subjective yet personal proof got them. Of course, there are instances of full bodies apparitions, witnessed by more than one person.

People believe in all kinds of dumb things. Belief <> proof.

What people want to belive is the key in all the John Edward type scenarios. The guy is dead on fraud and it is why his show has a really wicked NDA for any audience members because if you figure out hits and misses he's not even hitting at the Mendoza line.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#10 : June 25, 2009, 12:23:03 PM

If the dead communicate with the living........explain to me why I've never had this communication...I know a lot of dead people....

Hell, I'd probably get more from a dead grouper.........in my fantasy!

Wackos..............

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 25, 2009, 12:41:53 PM

If the dead communicate with the living........explain to me why I've never had this communication...I know a lot of dead people....

You just don't know the chatty kind of dead folks. The usual dodges used:

1. You are negative and therefore not "receptive", you aren't tuned to the right station.
2. You are being talked to and just don't recognize it because you aren't aware

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#12 : June 25, 2009, 03:08:30 PM

Hell, I'd probably get more from a dead grouper.........in my fantasy!

Wackos..............

Funny, but if you have belief in a God, you are a fool. Believe in Dead talking guys, Bigfoot, crop circles and UFO's your a deep thinker.
???

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 25, 2009, 03:20:06 PM

You just don't know the chatty kind of dead folks. The usual dodges used:

1. You are negative and therefore not "receptive", you aren't tuned to the right station.
2. You are being talked to and just don't recognize it because you aren't aware

3. They thought you were a putz when they were alive and death is a welcome break from your drivel?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 25, 2009, 03:21:47 PM

John Edward. No S.

I've had the same reaction from several people about Edward. Then I ask them how much they know about him and the testing he underwent at the University of Arizona with Gary Schwartz. Usually, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Part of that testing is featured in that HBO documentary. Edward kicked butt in those tests. The skeptics accused him of cheating/peaking and cold reading. Of course he cheated. Psychic abilities don't exist so anybody coming up with "hits" during a reading MUST be cheating.

Watch the documentary if you have interest in the subject of life after death.
Damn, Joe. I really hope you don't buy into the nonsense that prick John Edward spews.

It is no secret that he is a complete and utter fraud.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do We Survive Death? Can the Dead Communicate with Us? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools