Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do We Survive Death? Can the Dead Communicate with Us? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #150 : July 04, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »

accept the fact that you will die like all who came before you and you do not know what lies afterward...

I don't know what lies ahead? Really? Where in any of my posts did I say that I DID know? Where in my posts did I say that mediums were proven to be talking to the dead?

Learn to read. Go back to school. Maybe night school? It will benefit you immensely.

Apparently you're right because after reading your posts I think I'm talking to the dead...

I have read this whole thread and have found that you have not given anything worth diddly squat in this thread...You are a KEYBANGER...You may leave now like you have procrastinated you were going to do...Biff...go find Charles...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #151 : July 04, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »

One thing that is to note with this thread is that there is Righteousness and Unrighteousness...You have your forces who promote both sides. Its up to where your want to be and how you believe. There is life after death and there is also consequences for choosing sides. You will also get the chance to straddle the fence (while alive). I have seen Tarot Cards work just like the OUIJA board (and I am a staunch show me individual). I know that both sides exist and that one side has positive results as well as the other side having negative results. Straddling the fence always tends to lead others to dabble on both sides. This will get you in the long run due to confusion because, we as human try to have our cake and eat it too. Well you can't stay that way forever. You will have choose and if you don't get to do it now you won't do it later...Those that have Strong Leadership skills will also tend to have others gravitate to their opinions with hopeful results that will compliment their lifestyles or personal opinions...That's life...But when it gets down to the heart and peaceful living then it will end up what most people want in their life...Peace...Love...and Understanding with gentle Guidance with a heap of truthfulness and being held accountable for truly caring...OBD

SoDakBuc

Starter

« #152 : July 04, 2009, 01:22:11 PM »

One thing that is to note with this thread is that there is Righteousness and Unrighteousness...You have your forces who promote both sides. Its up to where your want to be and how you believe. There is life after death and there is also consequences for choosing sides. You will also get the chance to straddle the fence (while alive). I have seen Tarot Cards work just like the OUIJA board (and I am a staunch show me individual). I know that both sides exist and that one side has positive results as well as the other side having negative results. Straddling the fence always tends to lead others to dabble on both sides. This will get you in the long run due to confusion because, we as human try to have our cake and eat it too. Well you can't stay that way forever. You will have choose and if you don't get to do it now you won't do it later...Those that have Strong Leadership skills will also tend to have others gravitate to their opinions with hopeful results that will compliment their lifestyles or personal opinions...That's life...But when it gets down to the heart and peaceful living then it will end up what most people want in their life...Peace...Love...and Understanding with gentle Guidance with a heap of truthfulness and being held accountable for truly caring...OBD
Well stated OBD.

“The difference between a successful team and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #153 : July 04, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »

Peace...Love...and Understanding with gentle Guidance with a heap of truthfulness and being held accountable for truly caring...OBD

I think most of the people who have actually met me and spent any significant time with me would describe me with those word you just used.

But hey, I'm going around in circles for 40 years. And you know from my posts on a message board. ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #154 : July 04, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »

WT have you ever heard of being ostracized by someone, or someones actions or even by an event that it hurts so deep to cause one to banish anything that remotely gets too close to the heart for relief or healing...This is UFOJoe...

Banish anything that remotely gets too close to the heart? I've been involved in plenty of things that have gotten close to the heart. But since it's not Christianity, it must be the wrong stuff. I get it.

No offense but like I said to WT, this stuff is a waste of time to discuss any more. I've explained my feelings over and over and yet some continue to insists that I must have some problems or emotional block because of my rejection of their savior. If this is what an emotional block feels like, send some more.

BTW, my feelings and rejection of certain aspects of Christianity took many years to solidify. I watched and took notes and feel very comfortable with my opinions on Jesus and friends.

FYI, Tarot cards are supposedly a tool that the psychic uses to bring out any clairvoyance or clairaudience, clairsentience that he/she supposedly has. My 1st wife used them when she did readings for friends. The information came from her. Not the cards.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #155 : July 04, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

Peace...Love...and Understanding with gentle Guidance with a heap of truthfulness and being held accountable for truly caring...OBD

I think most of the people who have actually met me and spent any significant time with me would describe me with those word you just used.

But hey, I'm going around in circles for 40 years. And you know from my posts on a message board. ;)

I wont disagree with you Joe...It took me a while after I met (on PPR.COM) you to get used to your talents. I didn't mean the 40 Years as a bad thing either. It was just a point about moving forward in a certain way or just circling the wagons on the subject and not venturing any further with it...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #156 : July 04, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »

WT have you ever heard of being ostracized by someone, or someones actions or even by an event that it hurts so deep to cause one to banish anything that remotely gets too close to the heart for relief or healing...This is UFOJoe...

Banish anything that remotely gets too close to the heart? I've been involved in plenty of things that have gotten close to the heart. But since it's not Christianity, it must be the wrong stuff. I get it.

No offense but like I said to WT, this stuff is a waste of time to discuss any more. I've explained my feelings over and over and yet some continue to insists that I must have some problems or emotional block because of my rejection of their savior. If this is what an emotional block feels like, send some more.

BTW, my feelings and rejection of certain aspects of Christianity took many years to solidify. I watched and took notes and feel very comfortable with my opinions on Jesus and friends.

FYI, Tarot cards are supposedly a tool that the psychic uses to bring out any clairvoyance or clairaudience, clairsentience that he/she supposedly has. My 1st wife used them when she did readings for friends. The information came from her. Not the cards.

I wouldn't know the in and outs of Tarot cards. I saw them used once and it happen to be truthful and after I came to knowledge of the Holy Scriptures I never ventured down that road again with anything...OBD

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #157 : July 04, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »

Thanks for the compliment. Now onto more afterlife stuff...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #158 : July 05, 2009, 12:18:54 AM »

It still gets me how you can accept the account of a modern day psychic - more readily than an account with proven historical and geographic accuracy?

Explain how I'm accepting the account of a modern day psychic. Be specific.

Note the qualifier. By dismissing Christianinty - while tentatively accepting� (investigating) an account with much less veracity - you are more readily accepting of a psychic's account than the Biblical one.

What convinces you that the Bible is discredited? You've stated how some Christians in your own family turned you off - but you've yet to demonstrate the conclusive proof that Jesus Christ is not the savior of mankind he said he was - as recounted in the one book that has such accurate historical and geographical evidence supporting it's validity?

I can't prove a negative.

Absolutely right, yet by discounting something you can't NOT prove - you are attempting to prove a negative. This is untenable logic, it means you're being evasive.

Forgive me joe, but it seems an emotional response - possibly based on feelings of rejection/exclusion - rather than a well thought out decision?

You're forgiven. It was extremely well thought out. Has nothing to do with emotion. Has to do with common sense, IMO. Exclusion just doesn't do it for me.

Yet you exclude Christians (from being right).

If you reject something because it is exclusionary - you have just excluded it.

You have a circular argument, which is an example of a faulty premise. Your position is logically untenable.

It means you have based your position on an emotional reaction/response.

WT have you ever heard of being ostracized by someone, or someones actions or even by an event that it hurts so deep to cause one to banish anything that remotely gets too close to the heart for relief or healing...This is UFOJoe...He is in my opinion one of the most informative individuals on this board with tentacles far outreaching for information that one could ever possess. Yet he continues to go in circles for forty years...I chalked him up as Pharaoh. I truly believe he is a good person and does like to keep it interesting here...OBD

Yes OBD, I have met folks that are very intelligent - like joe - who state that they don't believe in Jesus Christ, yet don't base that conviction on sound logic. That is why I focus on the soundness of logic. joe does have the "searchlight" on - so he's obviously still looking.

And yes joe - we have talked about this many times, but I may not be the one conducting the circular buggy ride...

Any conviction that is based on a faulty premise is making the leap of faith.

OBD this was a very thoughtful post, by the way..

...and joe really does have some interesting stuff, draws me to the "Red" or the "Cove" every night!

Incomparable sig by Incognito
  Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do We Survive Death? Can the Dead Communicate with Us? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools