Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do We Survive Death? Can the Dead Communicate with Us? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

2goodbucs

Starter
#30 : June 25, 2009, 07:18:47 PM

Anyone mess with a Ouija board?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 25, 2009, 08:02:59 PM

Anyone mess with a Ouija board?

When I was a kid that junk used to freak me out.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 25, 2009, 08:06:07 PM

There is zero evidence that Edward uses plants or wires the audience to gather info. Only speculation. Edward is getting some accurate info. So, he MUST be using plants or listening in on the audience!

No, what we know if that his shows take hours and hours to film and what survives the cutting room is 43 minutes of that so what he does is pure fishing that gets pruned down to make him look good.

Like I said, no evidence that he used plants or listens in on the audience. Do they edit the show? Gee, you think? LOL.

I personally know people that were ready to blow the man, until they went on his show.

Then they were completely convinced that he was a fraud, and that all speculation of him using plants, wiring the audience pre-show, etc was all true.

I'm going to leave this thread before you break my heart anymore, Joe. :'(

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

2goodbucs

Starter
#33 : June 25, 2009, 08:11:13 PM

So with your personal experience, do you think you were communicating with spirits or do you think it was from the energy from everyone in the room moving it?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 25, 2009, 08:16:32 PM

So with your personal experience, do you think you were communicating with spirits or do you think it was from the energy from everyone in the room moving it?

I don't think it was spirits at all. Figured it was always someone else or your mind making you move it without realizing it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 25, 2009, 08:19:30 PM

There is zero evidence that Edward uses plants or wires the audience to gather info. Only speculation. Edward is getting some accurate info. So, he MUST be using plants or listening in on the audience!

No, what we know if that his shows take hours and hours to film and what survives the cutting room is 43 minutes of that so what he does is pure fishing that gets pruned down to make him look good.

Like I said, no evidence that he used plants or listens in on the audience. Do they edit the show? Gee, you think? LOL.

I personally know people that were ready to blow the man, until they went on his show.

Then they were completely convinced that he was a fraud, and that all speculation of him using plants, wiring the audience pre-show, etc was all true.

I'm going to leave this thread before you break my heart anymore, Joe. :'(

You know people? LOL.

Provide some evidence.

And if you come back to the thread, at least educate yourself a bit on the subject we're discussing.

Decent essay on Edward.

http://michaelprescott.freeservers.com/morethoughts.htm

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 25, 2009, 08:21:13 PM

There's no God yet somehow we survive death and communicate with the living. Now thats evolution baby!!!

I never knew you were an Atheist. Learn something new every day.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 25, 2009, 08:21:38 PM

Youve shown me the way LOL

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 25, 2009, 08:42:02 PM

Youve shown me the way LOL

Really? I don't recall ever saying I was an Atheist. That's Dalbuc.

And I am not convinced that (some) these mediums are communicating with the dead. Acquiring info. through a sixth sense? Yes.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 25, 2009, 09:21:27 PM

BTW, if you look at the Piper case and see how many times she submitted to testing, (years and years of constant tests) you'll get an idea of what I hope for when it comes to today's mediums. Some of them have agreed to be tested by Schwartz a few times but it's not nearly enough. Then you have the problem of no replication. Not enough scientists are willing to stick their neck out and look into this subject so right now, it's only Schwartz.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#40 : June 25, 2009, 09:33:30 PM

Miyagi, funny thing is, that every REPUTABLE medium I have been too, has made GREAT pains to ask me to not reveal ANYTHING about yourself before the reading.  NOTHING.  Because that can leave room for misinterpretation on their part.

Interesting story for you:  Went to a well known medium that did not know me or ANYTHING about me.  I'm from Germany, new in town, this was at the start of the Internet and there was no public info available on me.  I was not allowed to say anything besides yes or no.  The ONLY thing I showed her were 2 pictures of my grandfathers in their German WW2 military uniforms.

She pointed to one and said: This one saw lot's of bad things and war.  He fought for a long time and saw a lot of ugly things.  I see him shot by his own army?  Why?  Then she asked did he leave you something? He tells me he had a gift for you?! Do you have it with you?

She points at the other one and wrinkles her forehead and says: This one I don't get.  I see him drinking beer, playing cards and laughing a lot during the war.  He didn't really see combat and survived.  He passed a long time afterward's?

The session went on and LOTS of other things were said.  Some were 100% accurate, some I didn't get until some time later.

Facts you need to know:  The reason I brought pictures of them in uniform is because I did not want the experience to be tainted.

The grandfather she 'saw' fighting a long time was drafted towards the beginning of the war.  My mom was conceived during R&R and he made it almost through the end of the war.  In the last days of WWII the frontline was close to the family home.  He left his unit (AWOL) visited my grandmother for several hours and my mom was sworn to secrecy.  He then left to try to catch up with his unit.  He gave my great grandfather his pocket watch and told him that this should be given to my mom and passed on to her kids.  Days later my grandmother received word that he was MIA and never seen or heard from again.  The pocket watch is the ONLY surviving object of his that happened to be in MY pocket at the time.

My other grandfather as far as I knew was a Master Butcher (Fleischermeister) and served in WWII.  I had NO other family information about it besides AFTER war activities.  He passed when I was about 4 years old.  What she told me made no sense to me and I noted it down on my notebook as a MISS.   Well, I talked to my mother about this psychic and told her about the session.  When I told her about the playing cards etc. she just laughed and said YUP, that's right.  Why?  Turns out that during the war he ran a USO like facility for the German Wehrmacht.  My 97 year old aunt told me years later that he and his brother (a professional soldier and tank commander from 1935 on) would have these fights all the time about my grandfather only playing cards and drinking beer during the war while he had to dodge real bullets.  

I didn't know about these stories except that one grandfather was MIA and the other fought in WW2 until after the reading.  

Did she interview my family, do research when she had nothing but a first name when I made the appointment (my lastname is hard to spell)??  Could be... She was either the best hight tech researcher of all time or something else was going on.

What??? I don't know... I just know what she told me and validated most of the info she gave to me AFTERWARDS... (I didn't know at the time).

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 25, 2009, 09:35:07 PM

Why haven't any of these people stepped up and accepted Randi's challenge?  

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 25, 2009, 10:59:42 PM

Miyagi: No secret? Could you educate me? Guess I haven't heard it...
At best, he is a "cold reader".

Editing of his show, audience plants, wiring of the audience before taping of the show

There's tons out there. Just google "John Edward fraud".

I had two family members that actually went when he was down here in Orlando back in 2004 I believe, and they reported none of it being like that and said this guy was very real and very believable.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 26, 2009, 12:00:47 AM

Editing of his show, audience plants, wiring of the audience before taping of the show

Sounds like Benny Hinn ...

Same gag, different bad suit[/b].

You got something against Nehru jackets??

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 26, 2009, 12:04:46 AM

Sounds like Benny Hinn ...

Same gag, different bad suit[/b].

You got something against Nehru jackets??

I think Benny Hinn and Pastor Randy White both went to the same "how to be a holy scumbag" seminary college.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do We Survive Death? Can the Dead Communicate with Us? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools