Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Jackson suffers heart attack and dies « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : June 26, 2009, 01:27:26 AM

I can't believe some guy got this tattoo

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 26, 2009, 05:58:13 AM

What a sad and tragic end to truly one of the most unique and gifted people to have ever lived.  Growing up in the 80's, I will forever remember Michael Mania that swept across the nation while in the 7th grade.  His last years were filled with sickness and a need for help, but I can't help but have pity for him knowing his well documented childhood.
RIP.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#62 : June 26, 2009, 06:21:46 AM

Growing up in the 80's, I will forever remember Michael Mania that swept across the nation

I never understood that.   I never thought he was anything special.   I remember back in the early 80's I had a black friend who I used to hang out with a lot.   The Rolling Stones were coming in concert and I asked him if he wanted to go with me.   He said he thought it would be boring so he didn't want to go.   So I asked him what he would consider a good concert.   He told me - Michael Jackson.   It was at that point I realized we wouldn't be going to any concerts together.  haha.   Our tastes were too different.   

#63 : June 26, 2009, 06:26:39 AM

What a sad and tragic end to truly one of the most unique and gifted people to have ever lived.

Yeah, I'll never forget that time he cured cancer.

#64 : June 26, 2009, 06:46:19 AM

I think some here have succumbed to more media sensationalism.

JTHV83

Second String

#65 : June 26, 2009, 10:43:21 AM

He was great in 1985. In 2009, he was a self-made joke and a complete waste of oxygen.

Mr. Daddy Problems should have been imprisoned long ago.

The kids can finally play outside. Good riddance.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#66 : June 26, 2009, 11:03:00 AM

MJ was extremely talented and had a gift when it came to music.  His behavior 'away' from his music could best be described as eccentric or bizarre.

Usually where there is smoke there is fire but I would like to point out, that all off those stories were allegations and he was never convicted of any molestation charges etc..

However, having not listened to his music in years because of all the drama and allegations, I find somehow, it's suddenly "Okay" again to do so...

Strange.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

#67 : June 26, 2009, 11:30:09 AM

My problem with the allegations are simple....

1.  They WERE just allegations as he WAS found "Not Guilty"

2.  IMO, it was a group of gold-diggers wanting to snatch up some more of the rich guy's money, for no other reason than to sit on their fat azzes the rest of their life and not have to work for a living.

3.  We all know that celebrities have huge targets on their backs for people of the ilk defined above.

Further, regardless of your opinions on the guy, he was still a human being that has passed.

Try and forget the media hype (and to me it is a TON of hype), and concentrate on the extreme talent this kid possessed.  Remember him for the music and entertainment he provided us all.  Now, I'm no idiot and I realize that his style of music was NOT for everyone, but then, the music others listen to may be disliked by folks as well.

There is absolutely no denying the fact that MJ had talent that most of us only dream of.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#68 : June 26, 2009, 11:53:42 AM

Could he have died in some bizarre sexual practice like Carradine?

Was it a drug overdose?

Was his body just plain ruined from the skin treatments and plastic surgeries, and could no longer put up with his strange ways?

Odds are, there will be some kind of weird twist to his cause of death, wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't related to some sexual freak thing...

#69 : June 26, 2009, 12:08:03 PM

TURBO

Most likely, IMO, it will be attributed to an overdose of the pain-killers he was on, which lower the blood pressure and can cause erratic heart rhythms.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#70 : June 26, 2009, 12:32:17 PM

My understanding is that he overdosed on Demerol.

LAPD is looking for his Doctor right now.

According to reports he currently suffered from skin cancer which is why he postponed the tour 30 days.  The official reasoning was to give MJ more time to study dance routines...

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#71 : June 26, 2009, 12:41:05 PM

Faces of Michael Jackson

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#72 : June 26, 2009, 01:38:12 PM

Growing up in the 80's, I will forever remember Michael Mania that swept across the nation

I never understood that. I never thought he was anything special. I remember back in the early 80's I had a black friend who I used to hang out with a lot. The Rolling Stones were coming in concert and I asked him if he wanted to go with me. He said he thought it would be boring so he didn't want to go. So I asked him what he would consider a good concert. He told me - Michael Jackson. It was at that point I realized we wouldn't be going to any concerts together. haha. Our tastes were too different.

By far and away the best concert I have ever been to was Michael Jackson at JFK stadium back in the 80's.  The guy put on one of the best shows of all time. 

#73 : June 26, 2009, 05:03:30 PM

According to a jury, Jackson touched no one either.  But the media knows more, right?

#74 : June 26, 2009, 05:42:16 PM

And Michael killed no one at all, so it is apples and oranges to a degree.  The only person MJ killed was likely himself.

I am of the opinion that it was a bunch of money-grubbing a$$wipes that tried to go after MJ's money.  Hey, I might be wrong on this.  But I'm pretty sure I could coerse (sp?) my kids into a few white lies if I promised them a crapload of cash at the end game.

It's really not a lot different than the lady that sued McDonalds over spilling HOT coffee on herself.  That same lady would have biotched to the end of the earth had she been served coffee that wasn't hot.  She was one of those grubs I'm talking about.

Plain and simple, if you have wealth/fame, you wear a HUGE target on your back.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Jackson suffers heart attack and dies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools