Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs still pinching pennies? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

micronole

Starter
: June 25, 2009, 09:06:08 PM

Per PFT

Scary if true.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/25/are-the-bucs-cutting-too-many-corners/

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 25, 2009, 10:16:07 PM

just another "hater" article [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 25, 2009, 10:29:43 PM

Your everyday fan and what he thinks from the comment section.

go long says:
June 25th, 2009 at 9:42 pm

I have lived in Tampa for years and I have NEVER seen advertisements for TICKETS AVAILABLE. Never seen it. Well, driving by Raymond James Stadium today there was a HUGE sign on the side of the stadium �Season Tickets Available� with a phone #. Billboards are everywhere, radio ads, etc..

I am telling you - these off-season front office change is a collasal mistake. This franchise is going to PLUMMET.

4 & 12??? Which ones make up the 4??!!! They�ll be lucky to win 3. I see 2-14. Maybe they had to fire Gruden because he would have gone freaking beserk to have all that cap room and not get any good players�..anyone ever thought about the money - It�s ALWAYS the money!

Sounds like they have it all under control now. Tampa is going to get what it deserves this year.

They fired GruAllen after going 9 & 7???!! Are you freaking kidding me?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 25, 2009, 11:10:38 PM

When you have a horrid record going into the most crucial time of the year in December;when the team should be improving NOT declining...your prone to get fired.

jcdoll

Starter

#4 : June 25, 2009, 11:16:22 PM

go long says:

I have lived in Tampa for years and I have NEVER seen advertisements for TICKETS AVAILABLE. Never seen it. Well, driving by Raymond James Stadium today there was a HUGE sign on the side of the stadium �Season Tickets Available� with a phone #. Billboards are everywhere, radio ads, etc..

I am telling you - these off-season front office change is a collasal mistake. This franchise is going to PLUMMET.

4 & 12??? Which ones make up the 4??!!! They�ll be lucky to win 3. I see 2-14. Maybe they had to fire Gruden because he would have gone freaking beserk to have all that cap room and not get any good players�..anyone ever thought about the money - It�s ALWAYS the money!

Sounds like they have it all under control now. Tampa is going to get what it deserves this year.

Finally someone that gets it :)

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#5 : June 25, 2009, 11:46:09 PM

go long says:

I dont see where the evidence is that the team is going to be bad next year. We have the same players on defense minus Jovan Haye who sucked last year,  an old Derrick Brooks, and an over rated Cato June.  We get a beast at LB in Crowell who is just rehabbing right now. Ok so I can see why you might say it because we have a new defense but the new defense is designed to help the defense get more pressure on the QB which we sucked at last year.

Over on offense we added talent to our team over last years offense. To me there was no difference in having Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, or Brian Griese in there last year. They were all the same to me but had different things they were good at but you get the same result no matter who was in there. Its no different BUT we added Kellen Winslow, another good back in Ward, and the ZBS should benefit the line who is growing together nicely. Not to mention our Offensive scheme we ran for the past 4 years was terrible and no better than anything we had here under Dungy. Throw for 5 yards everytime, run on third and long, and throw in windy conditions is not what the new offense will be about. I dont know how our offense will be but at least it wont be too conservative like Grudens Offense was. Dont get me wrong I liked Gruden as a coach but sometimes you would say WTF is he thinking. We should be better on offense this year with the use of the TEs, the running game will be better, and we should take more shots down field.

So tell me what else makes you think that the team will win only 3 games this year besides the fact that we have a young coach who actually has the team behind him much more than Gruden has ever had them before. Besides the fact that we have changed our defensive scheme which is pretty much the same besides play more man coverage and get more pass rush. Please tell me! Enlighten me!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 25, 2009, 11:48:09 PM

The key is no difference between Garcia and McClown/Leftwich.  All the Garcia haters will see just how good we had it, if McClown/Lefty are starting

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#7 : June 26, 2009, 12:04:09 AM

The key is no difference between Garcia and McClown/Leftwich. All the Garcia haters will see just how good we had it, if McClown/Lefty are starting

There is no difference. All Garcia did was manage the offense. He was no play maker. I will give him the play against the Chiefs last year to win the game. Whoever starts at QB this year will make just as much an impact as Garcia did if not more because of the offense and the players around them that Garcia didnt have around him last year. The real reason why you, LAC, and Java dont think the bucs will do well this year is because of the coaching change. Dont deny it. Its true. Theres a reason why the Glazers made him head coach besides money. He is the next up and comer coach in the league. Give him a chance!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 26, 2009, 12:27:42 AM

go long says:

This is completely obvious to everyone.  Some people just don't want to admit it since they support the team no matter what they do.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 26, 2009, 12:32:30 AM

When you have a horrid record going into the most crucial time of the year in December;when the team should be improving NOT declining...your prone to get fired.

Kind of hard to win a game in December when your defensive coordinator has one foot out the door.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 26, 2009, 12:43:27 AM

Per PFT

Scary if true.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/25/are-the-bucs-cutting-too-many-corners/

It seems the Bucs are either pinching pennies or offering DTs $120mil. Definitely one of the two.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 26, 2009, 12:44:59 AM

I ahve to wonder how much up front monies they G'teed Haynesworth...that would most likely be the selling point...IMO...

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 26, 2009, 01:28:07 AM

The key is no difference between Garcia and McClown/Leftwich. All the Garcia haters will see just how good we had it, if McClown/Lefty are starting

There is no difference. All Garcia did was manage the offense. He was no play maker. I will give him the play against the Chiefs last year to win the game. Whoever starts at QB this year will make just as much an impact as Garcia did if not more because of the offense and the players around them that Garcia didnt have around him last year. The real reason why you, LAC, and Java dont think the bucs will do well this year is because of the coaching change. Dont deny it. Its true. Theres a reason why the Glazers made him head coach besides money. He is the next up and comer coach in the league. Give him a chance!

Yeah and the thing is all the Bucs will need this year is a game manager at QB.  Last year that wasn't the case.  Heck it was never the case under Gruden's anemic offense.   I don't see the Bucs winning a bunch of games this year but I also don't see them having a December collapse.    Gruden had his scripted plays then he tried to get cute after that.   I don't see Jags offense being so pathetic in the red zone and I don't see him giving up on the run after it's been successful in the first half.    I think we'll see a Bucs team that doesn't settle for field goals all the time this year.   We will have the weapons in AB, Winslow, Stevens, and Ward.  

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 26, 2009, 02:29:01 AM

the thing is there arent that many seats available. maybe a 200-400 lower level and at most a couple thousand in the upper level. i went to pick a seat and saw the ones that were available. the same goes for fan fest. i have no idea about club or luxury seating though. this is the first year in a while that you could get season tickets without going on a waiting list. why shouldnt they advertise to sell out the season tickets. the more they make, the more likely they to spend it on the team......go ahead and say they wont anyways, i see it coming. either way, the chances go up significantly if they are making dough.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

jcdoll

Starter

#14 : June 26, 2009, 08:19:38 AM

"Yeah and the thing is all the Bucs will need this year is a game manager at QB.  Last year that wasn't the case.  Heck it was never the case under Gruden's anemic offense.   I don't see the Bucs winning a bunch of games this year but I also don't see them having a December collapse.    Gruden had his scripted plays then he tried to get cute after that.   I don't see Jags offense being so pathetic in the red zone and I don't see him giving up on the run after it's been successful in the first half.    I think we'll see a Bucs team that doesn't settle for field goals all the time this year.   We will have the weapons in AB, Winslow, Stevens, and Ward.  "

No such thing has a December collapse when your team is 1-12....I consider that a season collapse and a change should be made again since this up and coming coach obviously isn't the real deal.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs still pinching pennies? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools