Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs still pinching pennies? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#30 : June 26, 2009, 02:37:24 PM

As long as the Owners aren't willing to spend the money, no coach will be able to patch the holes.
Jeff Faine, Antonio Bryant, Derrick Ward, Michael Clayton, and Kellen Winslow, Jr. disagree.

So then we have patched the holes and can expect to improve on last years performance?

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 26, 2009, 02:44:20 PM

As long as the Owners aren't willing to spend the money, no coach will be able to patch the holes.
Jeff Faine, Antonio Bryant, Derrick Ward, Michael Clayton, and Kellen Winslow, Jr. disagree.

So then we have patched the holes and can expect to improve on last years performance?
No, because you can't buy elite quarterbacks, pass rushers, and cornerbacks. You have to wait and draft them.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DailyRich68

Starter
#32 : June 26, 2009, 02:53:35 PM

When you have a plan, you don't try to plug all the holes with old free agents.  You accept that there's a building process and no one-year fixes.

#33 : June 26, 2009, 02:53:53 PM

No, because you can't buy elite quarterbacks, pass rushers, and cornerbacks. You have to wait and draft them.
Yes, and we have been terrible with drafting. Oddly enough, we retained the same group of scouts that were under Gruallen.

#34 : June 26, 2009, 02:57:25 PM

No idea how to use quote button. More important things I suppose. I swear the Bucs were 9-7 last 2 years and won the division 3 times under Gruden. other coaches have been given a lot of time to do less. As for the 5 yard passing attack, didn't Bryant have a lot of yards? And doesn't the qb pick who to throw to? You really think all players run 5 yard routes? Really? What was the offense ranked? 14? 15? Not bad for a team that had no money for offensive players other than rebuilt oline and a RB with a blown knee. Come on, Bucs were 50 million over cap before Gruden and 50 million under his last year. You think that Gruden wanted that? Please. He had no players on offense. Not his fault, blame the GM or Dominick.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 26, 2009, 02:58:35 PM

Yes, and we have been terrible with drafting. Oddly enough, we retained the same group of scouts that were under Gruallen.
One hopes the problem was with the people at the top making the decisions and not the people at the bottom gathering the information.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 26, 2009, 02:59:40 PM

No idea how to use quote button. More important things I suppose. I swear the Bucs were 9-7 last 2 years and won the division 3 times under Gruden. other coaches have been given a lot of time to do less. As for the 5 yard passing attack, didn't Bryant have a lot of yards? And doesn't the qb pick who to throw to? You really think all players run 5 yard routes? Really? What was the offense ranked? 14? 15? Not bad for a team that had no money for offensive players other than rebuilt oline and a RB with a blown knee. Come on, Bucs were 50 million over cap before Gruden and 50 million under his last year. You think that Gruden wanted that? Please. He had no players on offense. Not his fault, blame the GM or Dominick.

Who is Dominick?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 26, 2009, 03:01:41 PM

Every single player on offense was brought in on Gruden's watch. It wouldn't be hard to pull up all the players drafted 2004-2008 who are better than the ones the Bucs picked.

#38 : June 26, 2009, 03:05:57 PM

How about every player Gruden wanted but couldn't get? They count? Or just the guys he was allowed to get? Big difference.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 26, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

How about every player Gruden wanted but couldn't get? They count? Or just the guys he was allowed to get? Big difference.
You mean the Glazers got rid of one GM who wouldn't listen to Gruden and then hired another? Oh the humanity!

#40 : June 26, 2009, 03:12:53 PM

McKay got rid of himself after he realized how he had brutalized the cap.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 26, 2009, 03:16:59 PM

Yet the Glazers hired another GM who wouldn't listen to Gruden after all the problems Gruden and McKay had?

#42 : June 26, 2009, 03:25:28 PM

Really? They hired best GM avaliable. Allen is a cap master. He fixed all the problems left behind. Realize that?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 26, 2009, 03:32:49 PM

I realize the Bucs eventually let go of every big money veteran on the team in 2003 and didn't replace them. I realize the Bucs didn't have high draft picks in 2002-2003 that would have required big money extensions by 2006-2008. I realize once the Bucs got their high draft picks back, they didn't pick any players worth big money extensions. And I realize the majority of the free agents signed have been of a replacement level. I realize in 2002 the Bucs had Super Bowl talent who got paid Super Bowl salaries. In 2008 the Bucs have .500 talent who got paid .500 salaries.

#44 : June 26, 2009, 04:26:50 PM

2002 super talen were all defensive players. All getting old... All had huge contracts.... Oline had to be rebuilt, which it was through draft and free agency. Te drafted, and free agent, WR, Free agent and huge contract extension, (Clayton). Caddy, we will never know. Gruden never had oppurtunity to sign big time player other than a center.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs still pinching pennies? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools