Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 08, 2007, 01:22:59 PM

Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald?
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:08:58 -0800

Citing the St. Paul Pioneer Press, SI.com reports there is speculation the Minnesota Vikings might attempt to trade their No. 7 overall draft choice this year plus additional compensation to acquire Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald this offseason.

Only a rumor, of course, but this could interfere with our chances of trading down.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2007, 01:24:07 PM

Doubt it.  They (Cards have cap room for days), and have an offense that is about ready to dominate witha few key signings.  I doubt they want to lose Fitz or Boldin.  They are animals.

#2 : February 08, 2007, 01:24:22 PM

Fitzgerald would be a GREAT accquisiton for them.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 08, 2007, 01:25:05 PM

Why would the Cards do that?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 08, 2007, 01:27:27 PM

That would be a dumb trade for the cards. They would lose their best WR and at #7 CJ will be gone by the time they pick.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 08, 2007, 01:37:46 PM

Maybe they plan to package #5 and #7 together to draft Joe Thomas?  Maybe they plan to pick Levi with #7?  Could be they just plan to roll with Boldin and Johnson as #1 and #2.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 08, 2007, 01:39:28 PM

Every year, the Vikes are in the mix it seems...

#7 : February 08, 2007, 01:41:24 PM

No way i trade Fitz.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 08, 2007, 01:41:50 PM

Only a rumor, of course, but this could interfere with our chances of trading down.

It increases our chances of trading down. They are looking for a big WR, and if Johnson is still around with our pick they could trade up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 08, 2007, 01:42:10 PM

Plus, apparantly Fitz was very good friends with Denny Green, and was pissed he got fired.  I read somewhere that he won't talk to Whisenhunt.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 08, 2007, 01:43:38 PM

It increases our chances of trading down. They are looking for a big WR, and if Johnson is still around with our pick they could trade up.

I agree that the fact they are looking for a big WR means we might have trade leverage if CJ is on the board.  However, if they complete this trade pre-draft then obviously they won't have any reason to trade with us any more.  I viewed Minny as our most likely trade partner until I saw this.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 08, 2007, 01:45:12 PM

Plus, apparantly Fitz was very good friends with Denny Green, and was pissed he got fired.  I read somewhere that he won't talk to Whisenhunt.
I think it is funny how he doesn't even know Ken, and Fitz gives him the cold shoulder.  Fitz needs to understand (and he does LOVE Denny Green), that Green sucks as a HC.  If Fitz wants to make himself great, he's best off letting bygones be bygones.  Same with Moss, I mean why would he dismiss Kiff like that?  I mean, MOss doesn't even know the guy, and he just tirades on him...sounds like frustration.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 08, 2007, 02:02:19 PM

Interesting wasn't there a rumor that Gruden was looking to trade down in the draft but no lower then the 7th pick in the draft. If these 2 are connected maybe there is some truth to these rumors and maybe what we are seeing is negotiations play out here. minnestota trying to creat some more strength in there negotiation position.

I think Minny wants CJ bad. real bad. After having Moss they want the Moss replacement

Huey Freeman

Starter

#13 : February 08, 2007, 02:11:01 PM

Everyone wants the best player in the draft badly.  Except for some on this board who would rather the Bucs draft a lesser talented player. 

No way the Cards trade Fitzgerald.  He's one of the best and their Offense is very close. 

goto11

Starter
#14 : February 08, 2007, 02:27:35 PM

Fitzgerald is too classy to pull a Randy Moss/Oakland deal.  He'll play for Whisenhunt.  There is no one the Cardinals could acquire that would be worth letting Fitzgerald go.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools