Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#15 : February 08, 2007, 02:56:29 PM

i dont think there is anyway that happens, AZ would be stupid to get rid of fitzgerald

Booger

Starter

#16 : February 08, 2007, 03:31:12 PM

With all of this love for Fitzgerald, where's the same emotion towards CJ?

In my opinion, CJ = Fitzgerald with 4.4 speed

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#17 : February 08, 2007, 03:32:16 PM

Bucs trade #4 pick for Vikings #7 and 2nd rd.
Draft A. Okoye - DT or L. Brown - OT
Trade our 3rd rd pick for Randy Moss.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 08, 2007, 03:38:32 PM

Yes, maybe, no, and no.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 08, 2007, 04:01:51 PM

This Minny rag, has been cited in all of the off-season Minny rumors.  Garcia, Moss, Adrian Peterson, and now Fitz.  These journalist need to focus more on NFL and not Fantasy Football.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 08, 2007, 04:06:08 PM

I don't want Moss. I can see gruden and Moss hitting each other more then I can see them hitting it off

I don't want Moss. I can see Gruden and Moss hitting each other more then I can see them hitting it off

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 08, 2007, 04:19:19 PM

How can we use our 3rd pick for Moss if we use it for Carr.
or
Bucs trade #3 pick for Houstons 8th pick 40th pick and Carr
use our 3 round pick get moss
trade moss and our 2b and 2c to redskins for their 1st pick
and use our 2 1st round picks for Okeye and Brown and we still have an earlt 2nd round pick
giving us 3 picks in the first 36 picks

#22 : February 09, 2007, 11:26:06 AM

PFT.com:

POSTED 10:40 a.m. EST; UPDATED 11:14 a.m. EST, February 9, 2007

FITZ-TO-VIKES "RUMOR" NOT EVEN THAT

We often are accused for making something out of nothing or, in some cases, simply making stuff up.  We're sensitive to these charges, because it's one of the tools used by some members of the "real" media to discredit us.

But there's a "rumor" sweeping the Internet right now that isn't even a rumor, and it was the result not of reporting but of raw speculation.

In an item that apparently was written by Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Walters muses about the possibility of the Vikings making a play for a high-profile Minnesota native in the trade market.

"It will be interesting to see whether the Vikings, seeking reasons for season-ticket holders to renew, try to trade their No. 7 overall pick in April's draft, plus a player or two, for Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr. of Minneapolis," the paper writes.

We've got no problem with that statement.  It's pure speculation, but it makes sense.  Though we don't think the seventh overall pick and "a player or two" would get it done, the notion of the Vikings trying to bring home their local ball boy made good has a lot of appeal.

But it's not a rumor or a report. 

The problem arose when SI.com added the story to the top of its "Truth & Rumors" section, with a link from its NFL front page that implied that it was more than speculation.  The title of the page for February 8 was/is "Vikings may trade for Larry Fitzgerald Jr."

So now we're getting flooded with e-mails from Vikings fans asking us what we know about this "rumor" that the Vikings are going to try to trade for Fitzgerald.  But there is no rumor.  There never was.  There might be in the future.  But not now.

We're not upset about this.  We like getting e-mails from the members of PFT Planet, even if 100 of them all say the same thing.  But before anyone pooh-poohs this site because we go beyond the function of reporting fact, it's important to keep in mind that plenty of other non-Internet outposts are doing the same thing.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 09, 2007, 11:29:28 AM

Can we just rename this b-board the PFT rumor board?  Obviously Florio realizes this is prime time rumor time and he is cranking them out as fast as he can get them from some drunk GM drinking Long Island ice teas and flipping burgers at his house in Flowery Branch.  I'm not going to name names because I don't want to be accused of spreading rumors myself.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 09, 2007, 11:45:55 AM

Itchalot - PFT is de-bunking this rumor, not spreading it.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#25 : February 09, 2007, 12:13:06 PM

This is a silly rumor. Not only that, but why is it that Minnesota's biggest need is WR? All we hear about is how they covet Calvin Johnson, they might trade up for him, blah blah blah. I don't buy into it one bit. They need more than that. Their QB situation isn't all that good. Tarvarius Jackson, in my opinion, was a huge reach. I am still scratching my head on that one.

It seems like they think (the media, that is) that since Randy Moss left the Vikings haven't been good and that getting another stud WR will help fill that void. Well, I don't understand that logic because that was 1 and 2 coaches ago respectively. They have a new coach and a new way (one would assume) of doing things.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools