Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quentin Moses « previous next »
Page: 1

bklynbucs11

Starter

« : February 08, 2007, 01:27:55 PM »

Could he fall to us in the second? With all this talk of Gaines and Anderson, we're forgetting this kid's potential coming into his senior season. Granted, he didn't produce as he should have. However, he's got the same physical talent that Gaines does. And I'm always skeptical on guys that jump the polls solely on their final season (ala Erasmus James).

I think he's the best reason to draft Joe Thomas. I've fully planted myself on the Thomas bandwagon and I'm not getting off. Get thomas & solidify our line, then pick up Moses in the second to give us the pure pass-rusher we need. That'd be a draft.

« #1 : February 08, 2007, 01:29:05 PM »

I think he'll be there in R2. He's the ultimate boom-or-bust prospect. He has alot of talent, and has been compared to Simeon alot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 08, 2007, 01:30:46 PM »

Thomas will be gone, unless the Bucs swap positions witht he Lions.  BUt the Lions aren't going to draft CJ, they had enough of wideouts in round 1 for a decade.  They don't need AP, they have JOnes.  Their QB situation is they either roll with Kitna, who isn't that bad, and they are grooming the big man Orlovsky.

They need a better O-line, and Thomas is their obvious pick.

« #3 : February 08, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

Moses will be a decent DE in the NFL.....no Simeon Rice.
I actually think Georgia's other DE Charles Johnson is the better overall prospect. He WILL be there in the second

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 08, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »

Could he fall to us in the second? With all this talk of Gaines and Anderson, we're forgetting this kid's potential coming into his senior season. Granted, he didn't produce as he should have. However, he's got the same physical talent that Gaines does. And I'm always skeptical on guys that jump the polls solely on their final season (ala Erasmus James).

I think he's the best reason to draft Joe Thomas. I've fully planted myself on the Thomas bandwagon and I'm not getting off. Get thomas & solidify our line, then pick up Moses in the second to give us the pure pass-rusher we need. That'd be a draft.

Are you implying that Adams jumped soley on his senior season?  I hope not because that cannot be backed up by anything.  He and Moses were condsidered a tie at the top going into the season.

Ironphister

Second String

« #5 : February 08, 2007, 03:40:39 PM »

i think he was better in the hurdles, but isn't he getting old?

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #6 : February 08, 2007, 05:56:26 PM »

Thomas will be gone, unless the Bucs swap positions witht he Lions.  BUt the Lions aren't going to draft CJ, they had enough of wideouts in round 1 for a decade.  They don't need AP, they have JOnes.  Their QB situation is they either roll with Kitna, who isn't that bad, and they are grooming the big man Orlovsky.

They need a better O-line, and Thomas is their obvious pick.

Good theory. One problem you're forgetting.

Last season, Detroit had a combined 7 sacks from 3 DE's. They don't have a single pass-rusher. This is an offense that can already put up quite a few points. THeir pass protection is horrid though. I guess its mostly a hope but I just figured they started Jon Scott at tackle who is a rookie and Jeff Backus is a very serviceable to above-average tackle. They need help on the interior really.

My hope is that Marinelli, whose a D-line guy recognizes how bad his defense is and goes after a DE with the 2nd pick.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 08, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »

I'll pass on a 249 lbs DE who underachieved lately.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quentin Moses « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools