Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many rumors about the 7th pick can't be ignored! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

: February 08, 2007, 02:19:25 PM

Minny has the 7th  pick in the draft.
Because of this outstanding Message board and the great research done by all who proside here it appears that there is some behind the scenes negotiation going on between teams.

1st there is a thread that states that the Bucs are looking to trade down no lower then the 7th pick in the draft.
2nd there is also a thread that says Minny looking to trade 7th pick for Cards wide out Fritzgerald. plus other incentives.

It appears that there is way to many common elements in these 2 separate rumors.

If I was Minny and wanted to do a trade with the Bucs for their 3-4 pick. I would be putting out other alternatives that might be available to Minny for a trade to put pressure on the Bucs to lesson the Bucs position in trade talks.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2007, 02:26:56 PM

If I was Minny and wanted to do a trade with the Bucs for their 3-4 pick. I would be putting out other alternatives that might be available to Minny for a trade to put pressure on the Bucs to lesson the Bucs position in trade talks.

There won't be a trade until we're on the clock so there's no effect on our position. MIN can't trade before we go on the clock since if Calvin is their target then they have to know he's there. i still don't think it is a crazy notion that OAK picks him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2007, 02:27:56 PM

There won't be a trade until we're on the clock so there's no effect on our position. MIN can't trade before we go on the clock since if Calvin is their target then they have to know he's there. i still don't think it is a crazy notion that OAK picks him.

I agree with this.  It makes no sense unless CJ is still on the board with our pick.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 08, 2007, 02:34:53 PM

I agree it would be foolish. However it would not be unherd of for the 2 teams to have a written undertanding as to an agreement should CJ be available on draft day.

But on the flip side the Bucs would be at a disadvantage if the player they want is not still there at the 7th pick should they do a trade.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 08, 2007, 02:47:10 PM

IF CJ is there for the 3/4 pick, the Bucs draft him, then they can shop him to whatever team wants him after that.  If minny wants CJ and Okoye is still on the board when Mins picking then...

Min drafts Okoye, then they do a trade....  Thats usually how it works if 2 teams are looking for specific players. (Eli Manning trade)

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

marlevr

Second String
#5 : February 08, 2007, 02:51:53 PM

But that way you don't get compensation for moving down. And in the draft, moving 4 spots is a lot, especially that high.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 08, 2007, 02:54:22 PM

But that way you don't get compensation for moving down. And in the draft, moving 4 spots is a lot, especially that high.

We would get compensation. The Chargers got a 2nd and next year's 1st I think. It's more likely that they would just trade the pick instead of trading players. That happens way more often.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#7 : February 08, 2007, 02:55:20 PM

Yes but the argument is that Calvin Johnson, who on talent is the 1st or 2nd overall pick is worth more than the 4th overall pick is. The Eli Manning situation was interesting because the Chargers figured that they could get more out of the Giants if they drafted Eli versus if they traded down from #1 to #4 - which was in fact true. Remember, the Giants paid 2 #1, a #1, a #3 and a #5 to get Eli. As good as moving from #4 to #1 overall is, its not worth an additional 1, 2, 3 and 5.

This was what I thought the Lions were doing in 2005 when they selected Mike Williams. Little did i know they were just a retarded franchise.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 08, 2007, 04:16:51 PM

This was what I thought the Lions were doing in 2005 when they selected Mike Williams. Little did i know they were just a retarded franchise.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 08, 2007, 04:32:27 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Made me spill my drink.

vipmark

Starter
#10 : February 08, 2007, 04:39:42 PM

don't you miss the days when Minny would forget to make their pick?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 08, 2007, 05:02:12 PM

don't you miss the days when Minny would forget to make their pick?

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]  :-* :-* I think the cell phone comercials realy missed the boat with that mishap. I can see the the scene in the viking war room now everyone on their phones asking can you here me now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 08, 2007, 05:02:56 PM

Minny has the 7th  pick in the draft.
Because of this outstanding Message board and the great research done by all who proside here it appears that there is some behind the scenes negotiation going on between teams.

1st there is a thread that states that the Bucs are looking to trade down no lower then the 7th pick in the draft.
2nd there is also a thread that says Minny looking to trade 7th pick for Cards wide out Fritzgerald. plus other incentives.

It appears that there is way to many common elements in these 2 separate rumors.

If by "way too many common elements" you mean "one" (i.e the number 7), then you are correct...

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 11, 2007, 11:06:43 AM

Ask yourself what would you do if you were the GM of Minnesota? Would you trade your first three picks to make sure to get CJ? Or would you try to spend less to move up to 4 or 5 to get Peterson or Quinn? You have Houston breathing down your neck trying to trade up too. What to do? Hmm....whats that? We missed our pick? NOoooooooo!

Well but seriously I don't know if they'll give up the store to get a WR when they aren't sure they have the QB who can get him the ball. Its one thing to pick the best player available with your pick, but trading up is different. Usually the reason a team trades up for a reciever is because they have a really good QB who desperately needs targets. I don't know if the Vikings are at that point right now.

You could help a guy like Tavaris Jackson more by getting the running game going, trading up to 4 or 5 for Peterson. Trading up to 3 is going to be a lot harder than trading up to 4 or 5 anyway.

What we have to take into consideration is not what we would do but what Minny would do.
Minny Misses what a Moss type WR brings to the game. I believe Minny covets a CJ draft pick far more then we do just from the fact that, people want more what they have lost then those who have never had it.
We Covet an UT more because we miss what Sapp brought to the game and we had that. Minny misses what Moss brought to the game
So yes Minny would give up there !1 2 3

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 10, 2007, 07:05:09 PM

Number 7 pick as well as the rumors rotate around Minny getting a WR
As well as the rumor that coach Gruden not wanting to trade down any lower than 7th pick which was the first rumor regarding the 7th pick
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many rumors about the 7th pick can't be ignored! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools