Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many rumors about the 7th pick can't be ignored! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 10, 2007, 07:13:32 PM

so what would we get? there #7 pick and what else? they dont have two 1st rd picks do they?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 10, 2007, 07:22:23 PM

well the numbers show that they get our 3rd pick we get their 7th pick thier 2nd round pick and thier 3rd round pick based on the point system ranking the value of the picks this would be very close to a fair trade based on the value system

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 10, 2007, 08:18:52 PM

well the numbers show that they get our 3rd pick we get their 7th pick thier 2nd round pick and thier 3rd round pick based on the point system ranking the value of the picks this would be very close to a fair trade based on the value system
I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 10, 2007, 09:06:45 PM

The winner will be whoever gets the luck of the coin flip and wins the 3rd overall. 

With that pick that team will most likely have the ability to: 1. draft CJ  and 2. trade no.3 to another team so they may draft CJ, which means the no.4 pick here is probably stuck with the best player on their board and trade offers would be mighty slim.  There is no way either Thomas or CJ will be left for the loser/4th pick.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 10, 2007, 09:46:46 PM

It appears that there is way to many common elements in these 2 separate rumors.

Isn't there an old saying, "Two rumors don't make a fact?"   Well they aren't even rumors, they are just speculation. 

But as I posted on another thread, Minnesota needs skill position players, and those players are going to go in the top five picks.   And the trade value chart is in a fairly reasonable place for them to give up 1,2 and 3 for the 3rd pick to get CJ or 1 and 2 for the 4th pick to get Peterson.  If they want Quinn they might be willing to wait it out. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 10, 2007, 10:13:30 PM

Ask yourself what would you do if you were the GM of Minnesota?  Would you trade your first three picks to make sure to get CJ?  Or would you try to spend less to move up to 4 or 5 to get Peterson or Quinn?  You have Houston breathing down your neck trying to trade up too.  What to do?  Hmm....whats that? We missed our pick?  NOoooooooo!

Well but seriously I don't know if they'll give up the store to get a WR when they aren't sure they have the QB who can get him the ball.  Its one thing to pick the best player available with your pick, but trading up is different.  Usually the reason a team trades up for a reciever is because they have a really good QB who desperately needs targets.  I don't know if the Vikings are at that point right now.   

You could help a guy like Tavaris Jackson more by getting the running game going, trading up to 4 or 5 for Peterson.  Trading up to 3 is going to be a lot harder than trading up to 4 or 5 anyway.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 10, 2007, 10:57:05 PM

I love a good rumour Itch, quit ruining a supposition following a su**CENSORED**ion based upon and invalid statement of make believe.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#22 : February 10, 2007, 11:08:09 PM

yeah and they say there is global warning ???

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 10, 2007, 11:15:30 PM

Which will either speed or slow the draft ...  likely to the detriment of the vikings again.  LOL Rasta

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 10, 2007, 11:26:53 PM

Don't forget that Minnesota is possibly one of the landing spots for Garcia. He easily could start on that team and has Childress as a coach. That would make more sense if they wanted a WR.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#25 : February 11, 2007, 04:42:50 AM

With that pick that team will most likely have the ability to: 1. draft CJ  and 2. trade no.3 to another team so they may draft CJ, which means the no.4 pick here is probably stuck with the best player on their board and trade offers would be mighty slim.  There is no way either Thomas or CJ will be left for the loser/4th pick.

I doubt there will be much in the way of big draft-day trading. Teams are too value-concious with picks these days to give up the farm just to trade up a few spots. The players you miss by not having a 2nd round pick are just too important to pass up -- unless a team already has multiple picks from some previous deal, it's just not something worth doing mostly.

I'm really hoping CJ is gone when the Bucs pick, because I don't want Gruden to be tempted to draft a player that'll only touch the ball 5-7 times per game when there are so many other needs on both sides of the team.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 11, 2007, 09:26:45 AM

would think that with the #1 raiders will have a contract in place prior to the draft. So if its CJ we will know in advance.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Many rumors about the 7th pick can't be ignored! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools